Holiday Inn Express – the Hunt Lodge, 210 North 3rd Street, McCall, ID 83638
12 Days $3399View Dates & Prices
- Exciting Class III rapids and a wide selection of boat types
- Natural hot spring and sandy beaches
- Native American rock art
- Warm water perfect for swimming & water fights
- Riverside camping on giant sandy beaches
- Abundant wildlife including river otters and big horn sheep
- Try out a stand up paddleboard (SUP)
This 165-mile Idaho rafting adventure begins on the Wild & Scenic Main Salmon River which flows through the Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness. Surrounded by beautiful mountain scenery and abundant wildlife, the Main Salmon’s sandy beaches are perfect for camping, playing games and relaxing alongside its free-flowing waters. Exciting rapids like Black Creek, Big Mallard and Elkhorn, historical sites such as Buckskin Bill’s homestead and Jim Moore’s place, and the much-anticipated Barth Hot Springs add to the attractions along the way.
Leaving the Main Salmon’s forests and mountains behind, the Lower Salmon River opens into the warmer, drier canyon country of the Seven Devils. It’s here that some of Idaho’s most famous whitewater rapids like Demons Drop, Snow Hole and Blue Canyon can be found. The Lower Salmon flows through four separate gorges—Green, Cougar, Snow Hole, and Blue canyons and is home to some of the biggest and most beautiful white sand beaches of any western river—perfect for water-based fun in the sun.
This Idaho river rafting adventure offers exciting Class III whitewater and the full fleet of OARS river craft. Ride in a wooden dory one day, an oar boat the next, then dig into the whitewater hands-on in a paddle raft or inflatable kayak on this exciting whitewater escape.
Itinerary & Map
- Scenic flight from McCall to Salmon, Idaho where we transfer to the put-in at Corn Creek
- Soak in the scenery of the mesmerizing Salmon River canyon – the second deepest gorge in North America
- Experience the 2.3-million-acre Frank Church “River of No Return” Wilderness
- Enjoy splashy, exhilarating rapids like Black Creek, Big Mallard and Elkhorn
- Explore Buckskin Bill’s homestead and Jim Moore’s place where legend says there is a fortune buried in the hillside
- Soak in Barth Hot Springs, hike to the Yew Grove, fish for trout, swim in the warm waters or bask in the sun on a sandy beach
- Challenge Rollercoaster, Green Canyon, Wright Way Drop, Demons Drop and Pine Bar rapids
- Journey through Cougar and Snow Hole Canyons—each offering a uniquely different perspective on this wild river corridor
- Visit remnants of ancient Indian cultures and the remains of Chinese stone houses
- Slide Rapid marks the entrance to Blue Canyon, the most spectacular of the four gorges
- Go on an impressive hike to a vista point, join the Snake River and swim a rapid
- Pass the confluence with the Grande Ronde and arrive at Heller Bar for shuttle to Lewiston
Premier Pricing: Save $200/person when you are one of the first four to book a 2023 departure by March 31, 2023 and reference “Premier Pricing” at time of booking. Cannot be combined with other offers or discounts.
- Flight package from Boise or car shuttle
- $4 per day Recreation Enhancement Act Fee
2023 Departure Dates:
- June 29
- August 16
O.A.R.S. Dories, Inc. is operated under special use permit with the Salmon-Challis National Forest and is a licensed & bonded outfitter on the Lower Salmon River
Ancestral Lands Acknowledgement
We respect and recognize that many of the river canyons on state and federal lands where we operate are the ancestral homes of indigenous communities. Where we operate on the Main and Lower Salmon River between Corn Creek and Heller Bar on the Snake River, we acknowledge the territories of the Nimiipuu, Shoshone-Bannock, and Lemhi-Shoshone.