Explore the Road to Whitewater
As we navigate a new era of travel, one thing is certain, our love for classic road trip vacations is back. If the lure of the open road is calling, let these action-packed itinerary ideas from some of the West’s biggest travel hubs be your inspiration to get back out there. And because we couldn’t help ourselves, they all lead to at least one unforgettable rafting adventure.
Even if you don’t love whitewater as much as we do though, you’ll find there’s no shortage of incredible sites and stops to experience on these nine adventurous Western road trip routes.
Ready to hit the road? Here are some of the best road trips in the West:
- Denver to Dinosaur National Monument Loop
- Portland to the Gorges of the Lower Salmon
- Tahoe to Yosemite Loop
- Eastern Sierra to Yosemite Loop from Los Angeles
- San Francisco/Sacramento to the Sierra Nevada (serious whitewater-lovers only!)
- Epic Southern Oregon Road Trip from Portland
- Salt Lake City to the Mighty 5
- The Classic Western Road Trip to Yellowstone & Grand Teton 3 Ways
- Hit the Road: Car Camping 101