O.A.R.S. Press Release
- O.A.R.S., World Leader in Whitewater Rafting, Announces New Partnership with Klean Kanteen
- 2014 Pacific Coast Rafting Outlook Remains Positive Despite Drought
- O.A.R.S. Releases 2014 Pre-Season Rafting Forecast
- O.A.R.S. Guides Lead Historic Rafting Descent on the Colorado River “Pulse Flow”
- O.A.R.S. Releases 2014 Family Adventures Catalog Featuring 21 Easy to Epic Vacation Ideas
- The Year of the Dory: O.A.R.S. Pays Tribute to Legendary Grand Canyon Boatman/Environmental Crusader Martin Litton for its 45th Anniversary
- O.A.R.S. Introduces New-for-2014 Lodge-Based Grand Canyon Hiking Adventure
- O.A.R.S., Worldwide Leader in Whitewater Rafting, Announces New Departures Exploring the Sacred Rivers of Bhutan
- O.A.R.S., Worldwide Leader in Whitewater Rafting, Launches World Rivers Series of New Trips Marrying Iconic Rivers with Cultural Destinations
- U.S. Marine Captain with Four Deployments to Afghanistan under His Belt Chosen as Winner of O.A.R.S. “Livin’ the Dream” Contest
- O.A.R.S. Announces Enhanced Commission Structure Including Travel Agent Commissions on Coveted Grand Canyon Rafting Adventures
- Condé Nast Traveler Selects O.A.R.S.’ Mindy Gleason Among its Top Travel Specialists for 7th Consecutive Year
- O.A.R.S. Launches “Livin’ the Dream” Contest To Become Honorary River Guide On No-Cost Grand Canyon Rafting Trip
- O.A.R.S. Family Rafting Adventures Give Kids a Break from Devices
- O.A.R.S. Experiencing Increased Demand For Rafting Adventures in Northern California This Summer On Reservoir-Controlled Rivers
- Two Oregon Purveyors of Fine Living, A Chocolatier and a Brew Master, Spice Up Father’s Day on the Rogue River with O.A.R.S.
- Veteran Outfitter O.A.R.S. by Longstanding Agreements With Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks Offers Guests Unique Access and Experiences
- A Strong Constitution for Fun Recommended for O.A.R.S.’ July 4th – 6th Tuolumne River Trip with 21st Amendment Brewery
- O.A.R.S. Releases 2013 Family Adventure Catalog With Vacations From Peru to Alaska
- O.A.R.S. Selected by Outside Magazine As Runner Up for “Best Outfitter of the Year”
- O.A.R.S. Outlines 2013 Menu of Whitewater Vacations On Idaho’s Iconic Salmon and Snake Rivers
- O.A.R.S. Offers 11 Unique Gourmet Whitewater Rafting Adventures in 2013
- O.A.R.S. Rafts Second-Ever Descent of Drangme Chhu in Bhutan
- O.A.R.S. Hosts Series of Epicurean Adventures on Idaho’s Salmon River with Whole Journeys
- O.A.R.S.’ Adventure Consultant Recognized as Top Travel Specialist for River Rafting by Condé Nast Traveler for the 6th Consecutive Year
- O.A.R.S. Founder, George Wendt, Honored at 2012 California River Awards
- O.A.R.S. Partners With Leading Social Media Agency To Launch Web Magazine
- Dinosaur National Monument, an Undiscovered Gem, Shines this Summer
- O.A.R.S. and American Rivers Shine the Light on the Endangered Green River
- O.A.R.S. Releases Industry-leading Whitewater Orientation Video
- O.A.R.S.’ Bosnia Three Rivers Tour Recognized as One of “50 Tours of a Lifetime” for 2012
- The Grand Canyon by Dory Named to Hall of Fame in Outside's Inaugural Travel Awards
- O.A.R.S. Seeks to Inspire the Next Generation of Adventurers with New Family Catalog
- O.A.R.S. Launches Three New Adventures for 2012
- O.A.R.S.’ Adventure Consultant Recognized as Top River Rafting Expert by Condé Nast Traveler for the 5th Consecutive Year
- O.A.R.S. Reinvents the Travel Catalog for 2012
- Record Water Levels on Tap for 2011 Cataract Canyon Rafting Season
- O.A.R.S.’ Grand Canyon River Trip Recognized as One of “50 Tours of a Lifetime” for 2011
- California Snowpack Has River Outfitters Looking Forward to 2011 Rafting Season
- Prime Minister of Fiji Recognizes Rivers Fiji with “Exporter of the Year” Award for Tourism Services
- Award-winning Outfitter Unveils 2011 Bucket List of Adventures
- O.A.R.S. Announces New Wilderness Gourmet Culinary Adventure Featuring Acclaimed Ashland Chef, Damon Jones on the Rogue River
- Adventures in Wine and Whitewater
- Above Average Sierra Snowpack Translates to Exciting, Extended California Whitewater Rafting Season
- Grand Teton National Park selects O.A.R.S. as long-term concessionaire & the only rafting & sea kayaking outfitter to operate overnight trips in the park
- Rivers Fiji recognized with Responsible Tourism Award by Virgin Holidays
- Fifty “Eco-Friendly” Ways to Experience the Unforgettable Nature of an O.A.R.S. Adventure
- Adventure Travelers in Pursuit of the Seven Whitewater Wonders of the World
- Raft More, Spend Less: All-Inclusive Adventures Make Good Financial Sense in Today's Economy
- Unique Vacation Options, On and Off the Beaten Path, In America’s Most Iconic National Parks
- O.A.R.S. Receives Top Honors from Distinguished Media Outlets
- O.A.R.S. To Begin Accepting Reservations for 2010 Grand Canyon Rafting Trips
- O.A.R.S. Offers Seven New Trips in 2009 Adding to an Extensive Collection of Adventurous Itineraries throughout the U.S. West, Canada, Latin America and Fiji
- O.A.R.S.’ Gourmet Whitewater Rafting Trips Offer Elegant Adventure Vacation Alternatives
- O.A.R.S. Commemorates 40th Anniversary of the Wild and Scenic Rivers Act by Partnering with American Rivers and by Offering a Benefit Whitewater Rafting Trip in Idaho
- O.A.R.S. - Mother Nature Cooperates with Whitewater Rafting Company: Snow Levels Make for an Outstanding 2008 Whitewater Rafting Season
- O.A.R.S. – the eco-savvy adventure travel outfitter further reduces carbon footprint with a new commitment to solar power
- O.A.R.S. announces a one-of-a kind series of rafting and product-testing expeditions with performance footwear innovator Teva
- Seven New Hiking-Specific Itineraries Added to O.A.R.S. Diverse Trip Options
- O.A.R.S. and Teva Team Up to Support a 3D Experience for IMAX Theaters – Grand Canyon Adventure: River at Risk
- O.A.R.S. Receives Top Honors from Distinguished Media Outlets
- O.A.R.S. Adventure Vacations - Something for everyone: the thrill-seeker, the naturalist, the not-exactly-athletic, the first-time camper and the seasoned boater
O.A.R.S. (OUTDOOR ADVENTURE RIVER SPECIALISTS) TO BEGIN ACCEPTING RESERVATIONS FOR 2010 GRAND CANYON RAFTING TRIPS
November 12, 2008 – O.A.R.S. (Outdoor Adventure River Specialists), the eco-savvy adventure travel outfitter and National Geographic Adventure Magazine’s 2008 “Best River and Sea Outfitter on Earth”, announced today that they will begin accepting reservations for their 2010 whitewater rafting season on the Colorado River through the Grand Canyon. Currently, only a scarce few spaces remain available for the company’s 2009 Grand Canyon season.
The Grand Canyon, a UNESCO World Heritage site and one of the seven natural wonders of the world, offers what is arguably one of the most sought after adventure travel vacation experiences in the country. MSNBC, Good Morning America, Condé Nast Traveler, Town & Country Travel, Outside Magazine and National Geographic Traveler have all recently recognized O.A.R.S.’ Grand Canyon rafting trip as one of the “Best Trips” on the planet. This year the journey is brought to life on the big screen in MacGillivray Freeman Films production of Grand Canyon Adventure: River at Risk, a film for IMAX Theatres and IMAX 3D Theatres.
O.A.R.S. is able to provide outstanding value on the dollar for consumers facing a tumultuous economy and a collective tightening of the belt. Adventure vacations offer inexpensive alternatives to other vacation options, as they are typically all-inclusive providing meals, sleeping arrangements, educational, historical and interpretive discussions, as well as exciting activities and invaluable time spent with family, friends and loved ones in the outdoors.
George Wendt, President and Founder of O.A.R.S., whose infatuation with Desert Southwest river canyons ultimately led to the establishment of his company, recently stated, “These river canyons hold a quiet mystery within their steep canyon walls: narrow side canyons, silent eddies, famed rapids, waterfalls, caves, pictographs, petroglyphs and side hikes that take you into the heart of the canyon. These are the places I return to time and again to rejuvenate my soul.”
Indeed, O.A.R.S. passengers agree. Kathleen & Ralph Dodge had this to say about their recent experience with O.A.R.S. “We want to take the time to tell you what a great job your Grand Canyon team is doing and to thank you again for giving us one of the best and most intensely meaningful experiences of our lives…O.A.R.S. Grand Canyon journey simply can’t be beat as the most extraordinary river trip on the planet.”
"The majority of our Grand Canyon guides have decades of rafting experience – not just in the Canyon – on other rivers around the world as well. Some were born into the river rafting business. Their expertise provides adventurers with a resounding travel experience generally not afforded to other travelers," Wendt stated from the O.A.R.S. headquarters in Northern California.
In 1969, O.A.R.S. became the first exclusively oar-powered rafting outfitter permitted to run the Colorado River through the Grand Canyon. Both O.A.R.S. and its sister company, Grand Canyon Dories, offer 4- to 18-day trips between Lees Ferry and Lake Mead, floating up to 277 river miles through billions of years of geological time reflected in the Canyon’s steep, vibrant colored cliffs. All O.A.R.S. Grand Canyon trips incorporate daily hikes to Native American sites and interpretive discussions of everything from archeological remains, ancient fossils, early explorers, the history of the West’s water management and conservation policies, to the history of running famed Colorado River rapids, as well as deciphering a night sky completely unencumbered with urban obstacles.
Passengers on a Grand Canyon rafting vacation may opt to ride in non-motorized 18’ inflatable rafts or sleek 17’ hard-hulled dories. Both types of vessels, rowed by experienced guides, hold up to four passengers. Each provides an exciting adventure, with the major difference being in how they ride in large whitewater. Rafts ride on top of the water, and they have a certain amount of give to them. Therefore, when a large wave hits them, they tend to flex a little and roll over the rapids. A dory provides a more pronounced, up-and-down ride through the whitewater. Traditionally, dory trips take a more leisurely pace through the Canyon, providing more time for side canyon exploration.
Only 16 commercial outfitters are permitted to run the Colorado River through the Grand Canyon, and O.A.R.S. offers 33 unique itineraries from April into November each year. Non-motorized trips offer a slower, more intimate canyon experience, in which each rapid is savored and the sounds inherent to the Canyon may be heard from the boat.
Since 1969 O.A.R.S. has set the standard in first-class rafting, sea kayaking and multi-sport vacations, with destinations and unparalleled experiences on over 35 rivers and coastlines of the world. O.A.R.S. caters to active travelers of all ages and abilities with more than 75 unique itineraries worldwide, including one-day and weekend escapes. For more information on O.A.R.S. eco-friendly adventures, including a free 84-page color catalog, call O.A.R.S. at 1-800-346-6277, email the company at email@example.com or visit www.oars.com.