Chilko Chilcotin Fraser Rivers Rafting Adventure
- Raft the Chilko, Chilcotin and Fraser rivers in British Columbia
- Scenic flight from Vancouver over Whistler & the Coast Range to Williams Lake
- Paddle 14 miles through Lava Canyon on the longest, continuous stretch of whitewater in North America
- Challenge huge Class IV whitewater rapids
- Camp, hike, fish, explore creeks & waterfalls in the pristine Canadian wilderness
Saturdays: July 13 to August 31
Additional Costs: 6% HST**
*All prices in USD
**Represents a partial refund to non-Canadian travelers
|River Rating||Minimum Age|
|Class IV||13 Yrs|
Chilko-Chilcotin-Fraser River Rafting in Canada - Overview
Rafting the Chilko, Chilcotin and Fraser rivers in British Columbia, Canada is a river rafting experience unmatched in its awesome diversity and enormous stretches of Class IV Canadian whitewater. This B.C. river rafting trip in begins with a spectacular scenic flight over the glaciated Coast Range into Williams Lake. Our Chilko River adventure winds through lush alpine forests, narrow canyons, high desert plateaus and skyscraping hoodoos, then ends 3,000 vertical feet lower and one week later on the Fraser River, the lifeblood of Canada’s largest river system. Our rafting route runs through Lava, Big John and Farwell canyons and includes the North American continent’s longest stretch of commercially navigable whitewater.
Chilko-Chilcotin-Fraser River Rafting: Itinerary at a Glance
- Meet in Vancouver where we board a private flight to Williams Lake. Flying over Whistler and the Coast Range offers a scenically spectacular start to our adventure
- Swift currents and gentle rapids carry us more than 25 miles to camp in a beautiful meadow surrounded by pines. Enjoy the first of many delightful meals in the wilderness
- Descend through Lava Canyon and challenge the longest, continuous stretch of whitewater on the continent - heart stopping hydraulics and towering, standing waves cascade for more than 14 miles through deep and narrow lava gorges
- Run the “Gap” – a 20-foot wide chute that carries us into the Chilcotin Plateau
- Hike at an ancient Indian fishing spot deep in the 1500-foot canyon
- Negotiate Big Creek rapid. Enjoy fun splashy rapids and the accelerating current as we whirl past towering hoodoos and dramatic canyons
- Challenge Big John Canyon, a stretch of the Chilcotin featuring countless massive wave trains
- Shuttle to the airstrip for the spectacular flight back to Vancouver
Recent Articles on OARS.com
From our Blog...
|Destination River||Meeting Parking||Rapid||Point of Interest||Camp||Put-in||Take-out|
- Trip Reviews
- Write a Review
“The guides were all fabulous; very hard working and fun to hang out with. One day, we got to hike up to the peak (at the Big Creek campsite) and that was fantastic. Food was good. Breakfast (the healthy stuff) was awesome. The guides kept all of our spirits up notwithstanding terrible weather for 3 of 7 days.”.
Kirk Davenport ~ New York, NY
“The expedition leader, Brian McCutcheon, clearly knows how to do this trip from top to bottom. His experience and leadership was key to making this a great experience for all of us.”
Severn Sandt ~ New York, NY
“The river guides were exceptional. They went out of their way to make the trip enjoyable and meaningful every moment along the way. They deserve your greatest confidence, and without doubt they are your most valuable asset in furthering your business. Also, the food was extraordinary. Again, the guides went out of their way to prepare the meals exceptionally well and even baked three cakes for us. Finally, the safety consciousness of the guides was reassuring. They spoke honestly about the inherent risks and gave excellent instruction about what to do in various circumstances.”
Dale Griffith ~ Barrington, IL
“No words come to me to describe my feelings about the trip we had with you, the river, the dreamlike days and outrageous luxury of your expedition. If I knew camping was like that I would have started decades ago. But most importantly I thank Jennifer, as the woman behind the men, with unlimited patience, strength (lifting that raft by yourself), talent and cheer. So thank you belatedly. Great to be with you. This was truly a trip to remember.”
Amelda Johnson ~New York, NY
“On behalf of the Borge family, I would like to thank you for the wonderful trip we had on the Chilko last summer. We had been planning this trip for over two years and it surpassed every expectation. We get together often and re-live the times through the many pictures we have. I have mine on my computer as a rotating screen saver and seeing our campsites and the rapids brings back the great feelings we experienced for that week.
Each day of the trip was better than the day before. The food and accommodations were outstanding and enough cannot be said about our guides Mark, Doug, Lindsay and Alexei. They made every day fun and exciting. We all felt part of a motley crew who were out to have a great and safe time – and we did!
The weather was perfect and we learned so much about beautiful British Columbia and the wonderful city of Vancouver. It was the perfect place to start and end the adventure of a lifetime. Please pass on our best wishes to the crew as we became good friends and that made our trip all the better.”
Dave Borge ~Hoosick Falls, NY
Chilko Chilcotin Fraser Rivers Rafting - 8 Days Trip Planner
Please print, sign and return the required forms (for each person in your party) to our office by email, fax or mail at least 90 days prior to your trip.
Trip Planners (includes packing list)
Local Weather & Current Conditions
|Average Temperatures °F|
|Water Temperatures °F|