4 Days $2199View Dates & Prices
- Kayak around Horseshoe Bend & hike to ancient petroglyphs
- Explore the Cape Royal area of Grand Canyon National Park
- Hike into the Inner Gorge along the North Kaibab Trail
- Visit the historic Navajo Bridge & Cameron Trading Post
- Enjoy comfortable & convenient Grand Canyon lodging
This unique Grand Canyon hiking and paddling adventure takes you from the headwaters of Grand Canyon along the Colorado River to the North Rim of Grand Canyon National Park. This one-of-a-kind itinerary starts with a day of flat-water kayaking and hiking around Horseshoe Bend, where we have the opportunity to experience this picturesque area from the solitude of the river and away from the crowds. From there, we head into the park to experience the incredible hikes and sights that the less-crowded North Rim has to offer, including a challenging descent along the North Kaibab Trail in hopes of reaching the awe-inspiring sights of Roaring Springs. Days in the park will end with dinner and a restful night of sleep at the serene Grand Canyon Lodge North Rim. The final day takes us back to Flagstaff, but not before we get the chance to soak up one last Grand Canyon sunrise and a few historic sights along the way.
Only 10 percent of Grand Canyon visitors make their way to this side of the park and even fewer venture below the rim, so if you’ve always wanted to experience this astonishing landscape, without the hordes or hassle of planning, this active national park adventure is one to consider.
Itinerary & Map
- Meet your trip leader the night before your departure for a pre-trip meeting in Flagstaff
- Early the next morning, we’ll make our way to Lees Ferry for a serene day of paddling along the Colorado River and picturesque Horseshoe Bend area
- Afterward, we may enjoy an evening hike and gather for dinner back at our Lees Ferry accommodations
- Day two takes us to the North Rim of Grand Canyon National Park where we’ll explore Cape Royal Road and hike Cape Final Trail for impressive views
- Later we check into our lodge, which will be our basecamp while in the park
- The following morning, we’ll descend into the canyon along the North Kaibab Trail in hopes of making it to Roaring Springs (4.7 miles one-way)
- A challenging hike calls for a celebration dinner and we’ll gather in the lodge this evening for a festive meal together
- Our last morning may inspire an early hike along the rim, before a leisurely breakfast at the lodge and our return trip to Flagstaff
- We’ll make a few stops along the way, including the historic Navajo Bridge, as well as the Cameron Trading Post where we can enjoy traditional Navajo fry bread (tacos) for lunch
4 Days: $2199
Per person based on double occupancy
Additional Cost: $20 Grand Canyon National Park entrance fee
Single Supplement: $200
2021 Departure Dates
OARS is proud to donate 1% of sales from this trip to the National Park Foundation to help protect our parks and get more kids outside!