Ranch & Raft on the Colorado River
- Easy floating & legendary whitewater
- Sandy beaches & seasonal waterfalls
- Scenic flight over Canyonlands
- Explore Arches National Park
- Two nights at Red Cliffs Lodge
Tuesdays, April - October
$2297 adult / $2197 youth*
Single Supplement: $243
Prices include an optional $125 per person transportation package for a flight from the take-out back to Moab. This charge can be deleted if you prefer another option.
*based on double occupancy
Prices subject to National Park Service Approval
|River Rating||Minimum Age|
|Class III - V||7 Yrs (16 during high water)|
Utah Guest Ranch and Rafting on the Colorado River - Overview
Combining one of the West’s most glorious guest ranches, Red Cliffs Lodge, and Cataract Canyon white water rafting, a legendary stretch of the Colorado River, this 6-day Ranch & Raft vacation from O.A.R.S. is the ultimate blend of excitement, fun and relaxation.
Spend the first half of the week rafting the rapids of Cataract Canyon, home of Utah’s best whitewater rafting destination with dizzying red rock cliffs and never-ending canyon exploration. The rafting on our Utah adventure vacation concludes with a scenic flight from the take-out back to the comfort of the Red Cliffs Lodge on the banks of the Colorado River. From the luxury of this comfortable Utah guest ranch, spend the next two days hiking, horseback riding or simply kicking back. The guest ranch features Utah’s oldest winery, state-of the-art pool and exercise facilities and easy access to the skyscraping rock wonders of Arches and Canyonlands National Parks.
Utah Ranch and Raft - Itinerary at a Glance
- Scenic drive from adventure gateway, Moab, Utah to our put-in at Potash
- The first 50 miles of your Cataract Canyon rafting trip, which is motorized, will acquaint your senses with a land of looming sandstone and peaceful rugged beauty first explored by John Wesley Powell in 1869
- Lathrop Ruin and ancient pictographs of solstice calendar
- Float past Pyramid Butte, the mighty Goose Neck, and Dead Horse Point (immortalized in the movie Thelma and Louise)
- Meet the confluence of the Green River where Cataract Canyon begins, hinting at the whitewater to come
- Major rapids begin at Spanish Bottom where it is possible to see a fading 1893 inscription from the steamer, Major Powell
- Challenge Brown Betty, Mile Long, Capsize and the legendary Big Drop Rapids
- Enter Lake Powell at Hite and enjoy scenic flight back to Moab and check into Red Cliffs Lodge on the banks of the Colorado
- Travel to Arches and Canyonlands national parks for a backcountry hiking tour through miles of terrain unseen by most visitors. Observe the area’s more famous landmarks, such as Delicate Arch and Balanced Rock
- Explore the area in true western style with a guided horseback ride to Castle Rock Canyon, between towering 2000-foot cliffs
Note: Trip prices include an optional $115/person transportation package for a flight from the take-out back to Moab that you may delete if you prefer another option. Please contact our office for details.
OARS Canyonlands, Inc. is an authorized concessioner of Canyonlands National Park.
Recent Articles on OARS.com
From our Blog...
|Destination River||Meeting Parking||Rapid||Point of Interest||Camp||Put-in||Take-out|
- Trip Reviews
- Write a Review
“The guides, Lars and Morgan, did a great job. The food was much better than expected and their knowledge of the river and surrounding areas was impressive. Plus, their personalities were a perfect match for my two teenage sons. The scenery was magnificent, both from the perspective of the river and the flight back to Moab at the end.”
Leland Graul ~ Barrington, IL
Ranch & Raft - 6 Days Trip Planner
Please print, sign and return the required forms (for each person in your party) to our office by email, fax or mail at least 60 days prior to your trip.
Trip Planners (includes packing list)
Local Weather & Current Conditions
Weather in the Moab area
|Seasonal Average: 68°|