Hiking Canyonlands: Colorado and Green River Special
- Enjoy rafting Cataract Canyon & The Green River in Colorado
- Guided hiking in Canyonlands National Park
- Explore Pre-Pueblo ruins, petroglyphs, pictographs
- Hike 1,500 feet up to the Doll House above the Colorado River
- Discover the secrests of Labyrinth and Stillwater Canyons
Price includes a scenic flight over Canyonlands National Park
Deposit: $250 per person
Prices subject to National Park Service Approval
|River Rating||Minimum Age|
|Class III-IV (Hiking is considered moderately strenuous)||12 Yrs|
Colorado River - Green River Hiking and Rafting - Overview
On this O.A.R.S. Utah hiking and rafting adventure, you'll raft the Green and the Colorado rivers into the untouched heart of this majestic red rock wilderness, enjoying an in-depth exploration of remote canyons, Pre-Pueblo ruins, petroglyphs, pictographs and fascinating geology over a period of two full weeks.
Situated in Labyrinth, Stillwater and Cataract canyons near Moab, Utah, the mighty Green River and Colorado River forge their way through 170 miles of awe-inspiring scenery seldom seen by visitors to Canyonlands National Park. Your exceptional O.A.R.S. guides will enthusiastically share their knowledge of this area. Using the multi-layered towering canyon walls as their living classroom, they will wow you with the history of the Canyonlands National Park region, which are still evident in well-preserved archeological sites and fossil remains.
Colorado and Green River Hiker and Rafter Special - Itinerary at a Glance
- Meet your guides for a pre-trip meeting the night before the trip at the Gonzo Inn in Moab, Utah
- Transfer from Moab to our put-in at Green River State Park
- Enter Labyrinth and Stillwater Canyons, hike to Three Canyon and the River Post Office and discover the secrets hidden in Two Mile Canyon, Fort Bottom, Shot or Water Canyon and Jasper Canyon
- Hike through this spectacular wilderness and explore Anasazi ruins, pictographs and petroglyphs against a dramatic backdrop of towering red walls
- Winding through the convoluted twists and turns of the Green we reach the Confluence and Cataract Canyon begins, hinting at the whitewater to come
- Challenge yourself with a hike 1,500 feet up to the Doll House, with jaw-dropping views in all directions
- Run the notorious whitewater of Cataract Canyon with rapids like Mile Long, Capsize and the legendary Big Drops
- Feast on a delicious riverside dinner, take a swim, and relax by the fire telling stories of the last two weeks’ events
- Enter Lake Powell and contemplate the wonders drowned below in Glen Canyon
- Enjoy a scenic flight and a bird's-eye view of the Colorado River in Canyonlands National Park en route back to Moab
Note: Trip prices include an optional $111/person transportation package for a flight from the take-out back to Moab that you may delete if you prefer another option. Please contact our office for details.
OARS Canyonlands, Inc. is an authorized concessioner of Canyonlands National Park.
Recent Articles on OARS.com
From our Blog...
|Destination River||Meeting Parking||Rapid||Point of Interest||Camp||Put-in||Take-out|
- Trip Reviews
- Write a Review
Colorado and Green River Hiking - 14 Days Trip Planner
Please print, sign and return the required forms (for each person in your party) to our office by email, fax or mail at least 60 days prior to your trip.
Trip Planners (includes packing list)
Local Weather & Current Conditions
|Seasonal Average: 67°|