O.A.R.S. Press Release
- Two Oregon Purveyors of Fine Living, A Chocolatier and a Brew Master, Spice Up Father’s Day on the Rogue River with O.A.R.S.
- Veteran Outfitter O.A.R.S. by Longstanding Agreements With Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks Offers Guests Unique Access and Experiences
- A Strong Constitution for Fun Recommended for O.A.R.S.’ July 4th – 6th Tuolumne River Trip with 21st Amendment Brewery
- O.A.R.S. Releases 2013 Family Adventure Catalog With Vacations From Peru to Alaska
- O.A.R.S. Selected by Outside Magazine As Runner Up for “Best Outfitter of the Year”
- O.A.R.S. Outlines 2013 Menu of Whitewater Vacations On Idaho’s Iconic Salmon and Snake Rivers
- O.A.R.S. Offers 11 Unique Gourmet Whitewater Rafting Adventures in 2013
- O.A.R.S. Rafts Second-Ever Descent of Drangme Chhu in Bhutan
- O.A.R.S. Hosts Series of Epicurean Adventures on Idaho’s Salmon River with Whole Journeys
- O.A.R.S.’ Adventure Consultant Recognized as Top Travel Specialist for River Rafting by Condé Nast Traveler for the 6th Consecutive Year
- O.A.R.S. Founder, George Wendt, Honored at 2012 California River Awards
- O.A.R.S. Partners With Leading Social Media Agency To Launch Web Magazine
- Dinosaur National Monument, an Undiscovered Gem, Shines this Summer
- O.A.R.S. and American Rivers Shine the Light on the Endangered Green River
- O.A.R.S. Releases Industry-leading Whitewater Orientation Video
- O.A.R.S.’ Bosnia Three Rivers Tour Recognized as One of “50 Tours of a Lifetime” for 2012
- The Grand Canyon by Dory Named to Hall of Fame in Outside's Inaugural Travel Awards
- O.A.R.S. Seeks to Inspire the Next Generation of Adventurers with New Family Catalog
- O.A.R.S. Launches Three New Adventures for 2012
- O.A.R.S.’ Adventure Consultant Recognized as Top River Rafting Expert by Condé Nast Traveler for the 5th Consecutive Year
- O.A.R.S. Reinvents the Travel Catalog for 2012
- Record Water Levels on Tap for 2011 Cataract Canyon Rafting Season
- O.A.R.S.’ Grand Canyon River Trip Recognized as One of “50 Tours of a Lifetime” for 2011
- California Snowpack Has River Outfitters Looking Forward to 2011 Rafting Season
- Prime Minister of Fiji Recognizes Rivers Fiji with “Exporter of the Year” Award for Tourism Services
- Award-winning Outfitter Unveils 2011 Bucket List of Adventures
- O.A.R.S. Announces New Wilderness Gourmet Culinary Adventure Featuring Acclaimed Ashland Chef, Damon Jones on the Rogue River
- Adventures in Wine and Whitewater
- Above Average Sierra Snowpack Translates to Exciting, Extended California Whitewater Rafting Season
- Grand Teton National Park selects O.A.R.S. as long-term concessionaire & the only rafting & sea kayaking outfitter to operate overnight trips in the park
- Rivers Fiji recognized with Responsible Tourism Award by Virgin Holidays
- Fifty “Eco-Friendly” Ways to Experience the Unforgettable Nature of an O.A.R.S. Adventure
- Adventure Travelers in Pursuit of the Seven Whitewater Wonders of the World
- Raft More, Spend Less: All-Inclusive Adventures Make Good Financial Sense in Today's Economy
- Unique Vacation Options, On and Off the Beaten Path, In America’s Most Iconic National Parks
- O.A.R.S. Receives Top Honors from Distinguished Media Outlets
- O.A.R.S. To Begin Accepting Reservations for 2010 Grand Canyon Rafting Trips
- O.A.R.S. Offers Seven New Trips in 2009 Adding to an Extensive Collection of Adventurous Itineraries throughout the U.S. West, Canada, Latin America and Fiji
- O.A.R.S.’ Gourmet Whitewater Rafting Trips Offer Elegant Adventure Vacation Alternatives
- O.A.R.S. Commemorates 40th Anniversary of the Wild and Scenic Rivers Act by Partnering with American Rivers and by Offering a Benefit Whitewater Rafting Trip in Idaho
- O.A.R.S. - Mother Nature Cooperates with Whitewater Rafting Company: Snow Levels Make for an Outstanding 2008 Whitewater Rafting Season
- O.A.R.S. – the eco-savvy adventure travel outfitter further reduces carbon footprint with a new commitment to solar power
- O.A.R.S. announces a one-of-a kind series of rafting and product-testing expeditions with performance footwear innovator Teva
- Seven New Hiking-Specific Itineraries Added to O.A.R.S. Diverse Trip Options
- O.A.R.S. and Teva Team Up to Support a 3D Experience for IMAX Theaters – Grand Canyon Adventure: River at Risk
- O.A.R.S. Receives Top Honors from Distinguished Media Outlets
- O.A.R.S. Adventure Vacations - Something for everyone: the thrill-seeker, the naturalist, the not-exactly-athletic, the first-time camper and the seasoned boater
O.A.R.S. – MOTHER NATURE COOPERATES WITH WHITEWATER RAFTING COMPANY: SNOW LEVELS MAKE FOR AN OUTSTANDING 2008 WHITEWATER RAFTING SEASON
Angels Camp, California –April 2, 2008 – O.A.R.S. (Outdoor Adventure River Specialists), standard-setter in the whitewater rafting and adventure travel industry, announced today the official start of what is sure to be their best U.S. whitewater rafting season in years.
"With all the discussion surrounding drought in the Western U.S., we are grateful to be looking at such a stellar snow pack across the board this year. It has been a long time since we had at or near 100% of average snowpack in every region that we operate, so we're anticipating a big year and some big whitewater!" said George Wendt, Founder and President of O.A.R.S.
James Rodger, O.A.R.S. California/Oregon Regional Manager, agreed with Wendt stating, “I think the snow level this year in the Sierra bodes well for an outstanding and lengthy California whitewater rafting season – well into September.”
The eco-conscious, Angels Camp-based organization offers trips on nine California rivers including the North Fork of the Stanislaus, Merced, Tuolumne, South Fork American, North Fork American, Middle Fork American, the California Salmon, as well as the Upper Klamath and Lower Klamath rivers. Additionally, they offer trips throughout the U.S. West, including Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Oregon, Utah, Wyoming, as well as in Canada, Mexico, Latin America and Fiji. Their trips range from rollicking adventures for thrill-seekers to gentle floats suitable for five-year-olds.
According to the Department of Water Resources, measurements taken near the Sierra-at-Tahoe resort in the Sierra Nevada at the end of March found the snowpack is holding almost twice as much water as last year. Electronic sensor readings posted on the California Data Exchange Center’s Web site show Northern Sierra snow water equivalents at 105% of normal for this date, Central Sierra at 89%, and Southern Sierra at 103%. Statewide, the percentage of normal is at 97%. (Snow Water Equivalent (SWE) is a snowpack measurement and is the amount of water contained within the snowpack. It is an important indicator of how much water is being stored naturally for summer stream flows and reservoir storage.)
O.A.R.S. Idaho Operations Manager, Curt Chang, recently stated, “The outlook for great summer water conditions down the rivers we run in Idaho, the Main Salmon, Middle Fork Salmon, Lower Salmon, Hells Canyon of the Snake and the Owhyee in southeastern Oregon, is much better than anytime in the last four years. The Central Idaho snowpack is holding at the 116% of normal levels throughout the Salmon, Snake and Owyhee River drainages.”
Oregon's heavy winter has left the southern part of the state with a generous snowpack. The snow-water content in the Rogue River Basin is at 149% of normal.
According to April research by the Natural Resources Conservation Service, the Colorado snow water equivalent statewide is at 121% of normal levels, with the Yampa River basin at 113% of normal, the Colorado and San Juan River basins at 126%. In Utah, the Green River basin is at 111% of normal.Lannie Yeager, a long-time O.A.R.S. manager, added, “We expect ‘big water’ in Cataract Canyon this year, which means a great ride with huge waves and big drops.” Although this section of the Colorado River isn’t as well known, there are times when its rapids make even the Grand Canyon’s most famous rapids, Lava and Crystal, seem tame.
Since 1969 O.A.R.S. has set the standard in first-class rafting, sea kayaking and multi-sport vacations, with destinations and unparalleled experiences on over 35 rivers and coastlines of the world. O.A.R.S. caters to active travelers of all ages and abilities with more than 75 unique itineraries worldwide, including one-day and weekend escapes. For more information on O.A.R.S. eco-friendly adventures, including a free 84-page color catalog, call O.A.R.S. at 1-800-346-6277, email the company at email@example.com or visit www.oars.com.