Crater Lake & Rogue River Trail Hiker
- Oregon hiking trip on the Rogue River Trail
- Easy day of Crater Lake hiking & exploring
- Dinner & overnight at Historic Crater Lake Lodge
- Raft support to carry all gear along river
- Abundant wildlife, including turtles, deer, bear, otter, herons & eagles
$10 per person federal, state and local access fees
Single Supplement $125
Sleep Kit/Tent: $40/Included
|River Rating||Minimum Age|
|N/A - Hiking is considered moderately strenuous||12 yrs|
Rogue River Hiking in Oregon - Overview
This uniquely active 6 day Oregon hiking adventure from O.A.R.S. includes all the beauty, wildlife and comforts of our rafting trips on the "Wild and Scenic" Rogue River but without all that splashing!
Escorted by your expert hiking guides, our guests carry only enough water to drink and a delicious packed lunch on your Oregon hiking adventure as you journey from one riverside camp to the next on the 39-mile Rogue River Trail in southwestern Oregon. Arriving in camp each afternoon, you'll be greeted with appetizers, a dinner spread on the beaches of the Rogue (that frankly puts traditional backpacker fare to shame) and an eclectic selection of Oregon wines. After your day of energetic Oregon hiking, you'll camp riverside and bed down in warm sleeping bags, atop thick, cozy, ground pads inside (or outside) your roomy tent under a starry night sky and sleep soundly, serenaded by the crickets and the rush of the passing flows of the mellow Rogue River.
Rogue River Hiking in Oregon - Itinerary at a Glance
- Meet at the Courtyard Marriott Medford Airport and transfer to Crater Lake National Park
- Enjoy light hiking with spectacular views of the lake combined with a stop at the Visitor's Center
- Dinner and overnight stay at the Historic Crater Lake Lodge
- After breakfast, transfer to the trailhead of the Wild & Scenic Rogue River Trail
- Hike the first 5 miles of the Rogue River Trail which is quite rocky and requires stable footing. Pass by Rainey Falls and explore Whiskey Creek cabin
- Enjoy a riverside dinner prepared by the guides, complete with appetizers and a selection of beer, wine and sodas
- After a hot cup of coffee or tea and a hearty breakfast, we pack our lunch and hit the trail
- Hike 9 miles with long, gradual climbs and steady descents across numerous creeks
- Pass by historic Battle Bar and Zane Grey’s Cabin as we hike 10 miles over the mostly flat terrain
- Relax for a day and go for a swim, read a book, play a game of horseshoes or challenge yourself with a hike up Mule Creek
- Hike another 10 miles and enjoy dramatic views of Stair Creek Falls and Blossom Bar before stopping for a cup of hot chocolate or an ice cream from the Paradise Lodge
- We finish the trip with a 6-mile hike, keeping our eyes peeled for bald eagles before meeting our driver for the shuttle back to the Courtyard Marriott
Although the Rogue River Trail is only moderately strenuous overall, it is at times steep, rocky and narrow with exposed sections and therefore is not recommended for people who have a fear of heights or children under the age of 12 years.
|Destination River||Meeting Parking||Rapid||Point of Interest||Camp||Put-in||Take-out|
- Trip Reviews
- Write a Review
"The guides were phenomenal. They took excellent care of us and made the experience truly memorable. And the trip itself was fabulous. It definitely exceeded my expectations."
Kimberly Parks ~ Knoxville, TN
Crater Lake & Rogue River Trail Hiking - 7 Days Trip Planner
Please print, sign and return the required forms (for each person in your party) to our office by email, fax or mail at least 60 days prior to your trip.
Trip Planners (includes packing list)
Local Weather & Current Conditions
|Seasonal Average: 58° - 70°|