AMERICAN RIVER OUTPOST SEASONAL OUTDOOR RETAIL SALES & CAMP ASSOCIATE
OARS, one of the most respected outfitters in adventure travel, is seeking a Seasonal Outdoor Retail Sales and Camp Associate for our American River operation in Coloma, CA.
A leader in the whitewater rafting and adventure travel industry since 1969, OARS has set the standard in first-class rafting, hiking and multi-sport adventures with more than 75 unique itineraries around the world.
At our core, beyond “Guiding Life’s Greatest Adventures,” we’re a second generation family-owned outfitter that strives to make a positive impact on people’s lives by providing outstanding river trips and other outdoor adventures. We encourage and actively support awareness, deeper appreciation, and preservation of our rivers and environment, and seek like-minded individuals who share that same passion, to join our extended family.
STORE CLERK DUTIES
- Open and close retail store daily
- Greet guests when they arrive and answer questions, direct them to meeting locations
- Process sales transactions with the POS system
- Maintain and organize stock throughout store
- Arrange special sale and clearance items at the front of the store for maximum visibility
- Keep the store clean and orderly
CAMPGROUND HOST DUTIES
- Greet and check in rafters and campers
- Assign campsites and issue camping gear rentals
- Clean and maintain bathrooms, showers, sinks and floors
- Stock restroom with supplies
- Maintain and clean platform tents and surrounding area
- Launder sleeping bags, sheets and towels as needed
- Perform general basic campground and campsite cleanup as needed
- Empty trash cans and oversee recycling as needed
- Enforce campground rules (campfires, smoking, quiet hours, etc.)
- Ideal candidates must be friendly, good with people and able to work with a minimum amount of supervision.
- Excellent communications skills combined with an outgoing and friendly personality
- Ability to proactively address camp- or trip-related questions or concerns
- Legally able to work in the United States and speak fluent English
- Available to work from Memorial Day through Labor Day and adapt to changing schedules
- Detail-oriented and able to work potentially long hours with minimum supervision
- Clean and presentable appearance
- Physically fit as required to fulfill job duties in an arid environment
- Basic computer knowledge
- “Handyperson” skills are a plus
- Ability to work in an arid, hot environment
- Must be able to regularly lift at least 50 lbs
- Hourly wage is $13-$15.00/hour DOE
- Friends and Family Discounts on OARS Trips
- OARS Swag
- Pro Deals
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates may submit a resume and cover letter detailing their interest in this position, as well as personal and employer references by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line of “Outdoor Retail Sales & Camp Associate.” No phone calls please.