WEEKEND ADVENTURE CONSULTANT – SEASONAL
OARS, one of the most trusted and respected outfitters in adventure travel, is seeking to expand their team in Angels Camp, CA. with the hiring of a seasonal, Weekend Adventure Consultant.
PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Adventure Consultants are responsible for consultatively selling OARS trips and providing the highest quality service to ensure that every guest has the best experience possible. This position is a three-day per week, seasonal position responsible for performing all adventure consultant duties related to supporting general sales & client services efforts. The Seasonal Adventure Consultant is familiar with the details of all of our adventures, and can provide support for any guest questions that may arise. This is an entry-level position which is part-time during our busy season: April through September. The position will require 10 hours of work each Saturday, Sunday and Monday during the aforementioned season.
- Ability to ask the right questions and match guests to the best trip for them
- Exceptional listening skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Highly organized
- Effective time management
- A team player and “part of the solution
- Proficient with policies and procedures within 30 days of hire date.
- Actively take bookings as assigned after the first two weeks, increasing areas of expertise as time goes on
- Intuitive and thorough with administrative work performed in the reservation system and other support programs, including client entry, correspondence (via phone, email & possibly live chat), and reservations
- Proficient with tour codes, package names and trip information regarding our adventures both domestic and international
- Continuously develop in-depth knowledge of OARS trip details, policies and procedures as well as knowledge of the OARS reservation system.
- Log in to phone queue system daily according to standards set by management.
- Respond to all incoming inquiries and return all messages from prospective and current guests, travel agents and co-workers in a courteous, professional and timely manner.
- Enter relevant notes from calls or e-mail correspondence in bookings or client records, copy designated salespeople for follow up.
- Respond to email inquiries promptly throughout the day.
- Obtain all relevant information from prospective guests. Create a client record and enter information including name, address, phone number, email address, how they heard about us, new client tracking, interests, notes, etc. Include a copy of pertinent correspondence in the client record.
- Set up catalog requests as required.
- Qualify and book guests. Accurately collect all pertinent information about every new and past guest signing up for a trip and screen guests to ensure they are suited for the trip in question.
- Place reservations and process payments.
- Participate in departmental and company teams to improve internal processes and build a high-performing sales and customer service organization.
- Distribute reservation-related confirmation information and invoicing for last-minute bookings, including prompt and complete payments for reservations prior to departure.
- Generate and deliver customized final information for each departure
- Provide Operations with additional information regarding trips as necessary in addition to remote reports, especially in the area of special client needs and custom arrangements, maintaining an open dialog on pending issues.
- Process cancellations and transfers as necessary
- Keep office and kitchen tidy, recycle whenever possible.
- Other projects and duties as necessary or assigned.
- Long hours sitting/standing and using office equipment and computers, which can cause muscle strain
- Some lifting of supplies and materials on an as-needed basis
- The OARS building is a busy, shared-office, call-center operation where interruptions are frequent
- Scheduled and unscheduled meetings with coworkers and managers are customary
- Stressful working conditions due to call volume and customer demands are common
Hourly wages $13.50 – $16.00 per hour depending on experience.
The first 60 days of employment are considered probationary.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates may submit a resume and cover letter detailing their interest in this position, as well as personal and employer references by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line of “Weekend Adventure Consultant.” No phone calls please.