SEASONAL OUTDOOR RETAIL SALES AND CAMP ASSOCIATE
OARS, one of the most respected outfitters in adventure travel, is seeking a Seasonal Outdoor Retail Sales and Camp Associate for our American River Outpost in Lotus, CA.
Under the direction of the American River Regional Manager, performs a wide variety of professional, customer-service based, and store keeping and campground host activities, including campground checks prior to arrivals, checking in guests, facilitating rental equipment, camping assignments, using reservation system and cleaning facilities. This position is the first impression to many of our guests when arriving at the Outpost and requires someone with knowledge about the area, understanding what OARS offers and is able to provide superlative guest service with a smile. Attention to detail is critical.
The person hired for this position must have a positive attitude about doing a variety of work and be a strong team member. This is a hands-on position that requires a person willing to assist the Regional Manager in doing the physical work of running the American River Outpost.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES RELATED TO CAMP STORE:
- Open and close retail store daily
- Greet guests when they arrive and answer questions, direct them to meeting locations
- Process sales transactions with the POS system
- Remove and Record amount of cash in register at end of shift
- Keep daily record of sales and submit daily reports
- Maintain and organize stock throughout store
- Arrange special sale and clearance items at the front of the store for maximum visibility
- Keep the store clean and orderly
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES RELATED TO CAMPGROUND HOST:
- Greet and check in rafters and campers
- Assign campsites and issue camping gear rentals
- Clean and maintain bathrooms, showers, sinks and floors
- Stock restroom with supplies
- Prepare camping rentals for guests before they arrive
- Maintain and clean platform tents and surrounding area
- Launder sleeping bags, sheets and towels as needed
- Perform general basic campground and campsite cleanup as needed
- Empty trash cans and oversee recycling as needed
- Enforce campground rules (campfires, smoking, quiet hours, etc.)
- Excellent communications skills combined with an outgoing and friendly personality
- Ability to proactively address camp- or trip-related questions or concerns
- Legally able to work in the United States and speak fluent English
- Available to work from Memorial Day through Labor Day and adapt to changing schedules
- Detail-oriented and able to work potentially long hours with minimum supervision
- Clean and presentable appearance
- Physically fit as required to fulfill job duties in an arid environment
- Basic computer knowledge
- “Handyperson” skills a plus
- Ideal candidates must be friendly, good with people and able to work with minimum amount of supervision
- Ability to work in an arid, hot environment
- Must be able to regularly lift at least 50 lbs.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Hourly wage starts at $13.00 per hour
- Friends and Family Discounts on OARS Trips
- Pro Deals
- OARS Swag
- Eligible participation in 401(k) plan after 1 year of employment
PERIOD OF EMPLOYMENT
Part-time seasonal position (20 hours per week) May 1st through September 15th
OARS American River Outpost in Lotus, CA.
HOW TO APPLY
Step one: Interested candidates may submit a resume and cover letter detailing their interest in this position, as well as personal and employer references by email to: email@example.com with the subject of Seasonal Outdoor Retail Sales and Camp Associate. No phone calls please.
Step two: Please complete our Online Job Application.