OREGON OFFICE/FOOD PACKER/WAREHOUSE WORKER
OARS, one of the most respected outfitters in adventure travel, is seeking a seasonal Office, Food Packer, Warehouse Worker for our Oregon operation in Grants Pass, OR.
A leader in the whitewater rafting and adventure travel industry since 1969, OARS has set the standard in first-class rafting, hiking and multi-sport adventures with more than 75 unique itineraries around the world.
At our core, beyond “Guiding Life’s Greatest Adventures,” we’re a second generation family-owned outfitter that strives to make a positive impact on people’s lives by providing outstanding river trips and other outdoor adventures. We encourage and actively support awareness, deeper appreciation, and preservation of our rivers and environment, and seek like-minded individuals who share that same passion, to join our extended family
Office/Food Packer/Warehouse Worker
The Office/Food Packer/Warehouse Worker at OARS Oregon supports the Regional Manager in some or all of the following tasks:
- Load day clean-up and De-rig tasks
- Facilitate the daily upkeep of guidehouse and warehouse
- Upkeep of buildings and grounds as needed
- Lawn mowing
- Unpack/stock food and supplies in warehouse
- Repair broken rafting equipment or household items
- Print food-buys lists
- Trip paperwork
- Scan and file employee on-boarding and ongoing files
- Verify uploaded Certs and Expiry dates
- Maintain checkbook spreadsheet
- Maintain food buy spreadsheet
- Collect, sort, code, scan and upload receipts
- Currently, we can only accept applicants who can legally work in the United States
- Minimum 18 years old
- Current Driver’s License and clean driving record; CDL with passenger endorsement a plus
- Fluent English
- Knowledge of current food trends and special dietary needs a plus
- Critical attention to detail
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, helping ensure positive communications with co-workers
- Proactive work demeanor with good problem-solving skills
- Highly organized in outdoor settings and in office requiring paperwork management
- Effective time management; proficient at multitasking
- Self-starter, good follow-through
- Computer skills: Excel, Word, Google Drive
- Ability to repair items; mechanically inclined
- Capable of working long hours
- Ability to adapt to fluctuating hours of work on a daily basis
- Physically fit (must be able to lift 50 lbs)
$13-15 per hour for 40 hours per week, with merit increases, dependent on individual and company performance, considered on an annual basis
- Friends + Family discounts on OARS trips
This position is seasonal; approximately May 1 – September 30.
The first season of employment is considered probationary.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates may email a resume and cover letter detailing their interest in this position to: email@example.com with a subject line of “Office/Food Packer/Warehouse Worker.” No phone calls please.