MAIL ROOM/OFFICE COORDINATOR
OARS, one of the most trusted and respected outfitters in adventure travel, is seeking to expand their team in Angels Camp, CA. with the hiring of a full-time Mail Room/Office Coordinator.
PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate is a highly-organized and task-oriented self-starter who possesses a commitment to excellence, strong written and verbal communication skills, a background in customer service, excellent human relations skills and a passion for adventure travel. Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.) required. Reports to the VP Sales & Marketing.
The OARS Office Coordinator supports the main office in the implementation of ideas and projects related to sales, marketing and client services activities aimed at increasing office efficiencies while providing a consistently high level of customer service to OARS’ guests.
This individual is primarily responsible for maintaining an organized, functional and well-supplied office, reviewing/documenting office procedures and assisting key staff/departments with projects including: data entry, lead distribution, processing catalog requests, daily mail, ordering office supplies, vendor management, photocopying, filing, and reporting.
- Inputting daily catalog/info requests into CRM database
- Listening to, and forwarding/responding to general voicemail messages
- Managing all inbound/outbound postal mail & coordinating all shipping/receiving
- Daily stats report and weekly lit/postage report for marketing & accounting
- Promptly inputting and distributing all sales leads/client inquiries from various email accounts to the appropriate personnel and responding directly as required in a timely manner
- Reviewing new client records weekly for duplicate records and input accuracy
- Weekly office meeting agenda, meeting notes & initiation with remote staff
- Office equipment vendor management (Pitney Bowes, Foothill Printing, etc.)
- Selling old office equipment online as directed by IT
- Managing inventory and ordering office supplies (Staples, Quill, etc.) and stocking printers/copier
- Maintaining an organized office & catalog/brochure warehouse
- Weekly processing of thank you cards & adventure consultant follow up forms (May – October)
- Guide/Trip Leader tracking
- NCOA updates
- Entering Qualifiers from PTE surveys
- Friend referrals & email response
- Thank you cards and gifts for valued travel agents/partners
- Concessions contracts
- Various other projects as assigned by the management team and Adventure Consultants
- Long hours sitting/standing and using office equipment and computers, which can cause muscle strain
- Lifting of supplies and materials on an as-needed basis
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- The OARS building is a busy, shared-office, call-center operation where interruptions are frequent
- Scheduled and unscheduled meetings with coworkers and managers are customary
- Stressful working conditions due to call volume and customer demands are common
- This position requires you to have a vehicle and twice daily runs to the post office
Monday – Friday, 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM
- $14.00 per hour based on 40 hours per week
- Mileage reimbursement at a rate of $5/day for post office runs
Merit increases, dependent on individual and company performance, considered on an annual basis
Standard benefits available to full-time employees
- Company-funded health insurance plan after 60 days
- Company-matching ($.50 for every $1.00 contributed up to 6% of gross pay) 401k plan after 1 year
- 15 days Paid Time Off (PTO) accrued annually in years 1 – 2
- 23 days Paid Time Off (PTO) accrued annually in years 3 – 10
- 1 paid familiarization (FAM) trip annually
- Friends + Family discounts on OARS trips
- Company-sponsored lunches & seasonal events
The first 60 days of employment are considered probationary.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be received by April 27th.
Interested candidates may submit a resume and cover letter detailing their interest in this position, as well as personal and employer references by email to: email@example.com with a subject line of “Office Coordinator.” No phone calls please.