Moab Administrative Assistant
A leader in the whitewater rafting and adventure travel industry since 1969, OARS has set the standard in first-class rating, hiking and multi-sport adventures with more than 75 unique itineraries around the world.
At our core, beyond “Guiding Life’s Greatest Adventures,” we’re a second generation family-owned business that strives to make a positive impact on people’s lives by providing outstanding river trips and other outdoor adventures. We encourage and actively support awareness, deeper appreciation, and preservation of our rivers and environment, and seek like-minded individuals who share that same passion to join our team.
|# of Direct Reports:
|Location (if applicable):
- The Moab Administrative Assistant supports the Moab Management Team with the orderly operation of all trips while maintaining the highest standards for safe trips and guest satisfaction.
- The Moab Administrative Assistant will assist in overseeing payroll, submission of receipts and invoices, and other administrative tasks, working in coordination with the Moab Management Team.
- The Moab Administrative Assistant reports to the Operations Director while cooperatively working directly with the Moab Operations Managers and the Moab Property Manager.
Compensation and Benefits
- $20 – $22/hour pay rate; up to 20 – 25 hours/week standard approved time; eligible for additional time and overtime with prior approval
- Merit increases, dependent on individual and company performance, considered annually
- Discounts on OARS trips
Term of Employment
- Present through first week of November
- 60-day probationary period
Skills & Qualifications
- Possesses the integrity to professionally work with confidential employee information
- Self-starter who can prioritize, organize, delegate and oversee tasks to meet deadlines based on trip schedule, staff needs, departmental needs and seasonal schedule
- Proven computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office including Word and Excel, Google Workspace).
- Excellent communication skills, critical attention to detail, and capability for strategic decision-making
- Ability to efficiently gain knowledge of outfitting multi-day river trips
- Ability to cultivate a respectful, supportive and healthy company culture
- Empathetic and resourceful problem solver
- Capable of working independently and on task
- Sustained hours sitting or standing and using office equipment and computers, which can cause muscle strain
- Some lifting of supplies and materials on an as-needed basis
- The Moab office is a busy, shared-office where interruptions are frequent. Remote work may be an option after the probationary period, provided an effective, professional home office environment is maintained. This workspace should be distraction free, and have all the tools required to complete the job the same way one would in a traditional office environment
- Scheduled and unscheduled meetings with coworkers and managers are customary
- Stressful working conditions due to a dynamic environment are common
How to Apply
Interested candidates may submit a resume and cover letter detailing their interest in this position to: [email protected] with a subject line of “Moab Administrative Assistant” No phone calls please. This position will remain open until filled.