PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The OARS bookkeeper helps maintain the financial records of our company, operating with high levels of integrity, organization, discretion and efficiency.
- The bookkeeper reports to the Controller and is familiar with the details of the company’s chart of accounts.
- The position requires the accurate maintenance of day-to-day financial transactions for both accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Work full-time at the company’s headquarters in Angels Camp, CA.
- Additional duties TBD will be added by the Controller and Assistant Controller once proficiency with the basics is attained.
- Critical attention to detail.
- Exceptional listening skills, helping ensure positive communications with co-workers.
- Excellent written communication skills, enabling productive relationships with co-workers.
- Highly organized; meeting deadlines in an orderly fashion.
- Proactive work demeanor.
- Effective time management; proficient at multitasking.
- A team player and willingness to be “part of the solution.”
- Collection and organization of invoices from the six different companies within the OARS Family of Companies, including the seeking of review and approval of invoices from our area operational managers, the entering of approved invoices for payment within our accounting software and the mailing of checks to our vendors.
- Reconciliation of monthly vendor statements.
- Collection of operations managers’ credit card receipts and the payment of their balances.
- Receiving and posting of customer checks into our reservation system, as part of accounts receivable. Depositing those checks daily.
- Maintenance of our vehicle database, including registration and proper insurance for all company vehicles.
- Processing of gift cards and vouchers.
- Maintenance and monitoring of local operations’ bank accounts and balances.
- Payment of travel agent commissions for trip referrals.
- Assistance with external audits for river permits compliance.
- Familiarity with the company’s chart of accounts.
- Maintenance of vendor W-9s, as well as our list of 1099 vendors.
- Extensive use of Excel spreadsheets to prepare annual expense/revenue reports.
- Communication with reservations staff regarding payments, travel insurance, etc.
- Long hours sitting or standing and using office equipment, which can cause muscle strain.
- Some lifting of supplies and materials on an as-needed basis.
- The OARS building is a busy, shared-office, call-center operation where interruptions are frequent.
- Scheduled and unscheduled meetings with coworkers and managers are customary.
- Stressful working conditions due to the seasonality of outfitting, when everything appears to be happening at the same time company-wide.
- Up to $18 per hour depending on experience
- Merit increases, dependent on individual and company performance, considered on an annual basis
- Non-exempt: overtime pay as required by California law
- Full-time position
- Could be somewhat less than full-time in 2021 due to COVID-19 staffing reductions
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Friends + Family discounts on OARS trips
- 401k plan after 1 year
- Options to work remotely after 1 year
- The first 60 days of employment are considered probationary.
Thank you for your interest in working for a world-class company in small-town California!
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates may send a resume to email@example.com.