CALIFORNIA CLIENT SERVICES ASSISTANT
- The California Client Services Assistant works out of the OARS main office in Angels Camp, CA
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
- The California Client Services Assistant works in collaboration with the CA/OR Reservations Manager to process all reservations. The Assistant is responsible for performing all adventure consultant duties and area-specific client services to ensure high levels of customer service, organization and efficiency.
- During the peak season (May through September), the Assistant will work weekends, Thursday – Monday. Outside of the peak season, the schedule may be the same or could possibly be Monday – Friday, to be determined.
- The California Client Services Assistant reports to the CA/OR Reservations Manager to provide complete reservation details to Field Staff and to respond as soon as possible to requests from the field for additional information.
- The position requires familiarity with trips offered in other areas in order to effectively answer general questions about any OARS trip.
- Additional duties TBD may be added once proficiency with the position is attained.
- Ability to ask the right questions to discover guest needs
- Exceptional listening skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Highly organized
- Proficient basic math skills, with a focus on detail and accuracy
- Proactive work demeanor
- Effective time management; proficient at multitasking
- A team player with willingness to be “part of the solution”
- Responsible for distribution of reservation-related confirmation emails during times when the CA/OR Reservations Manager is out of the office and as assigned to balance work flow.
- Mail confirmations if a guest prefers it in hard copy form rather than an electronic version.
- Assist CA/OR Reservations Manager in maintaining trip files, hard copies of risk/release forms, safety talk checklists and vendor information in an orderly manner. Archive at the end of the year.
- Review trip pages on oars.com on a regular basis to ensure familiarity.
- In collaboration with the CA/OR Reservations Manager, responsible for collection of all client forms and complete & accurate entry/review of that information in Tour Tools.
- Follow up on ‘tentative bookings’ to ensure deposits are received.
- Follow up on late payments in coordination with CA/OR Reservations Manager.
- In collaboration with CA/OR Reservations Manager, responsible for providing Field Staff with complete and accurate information regarding upcoming trips.
- Review news from the field as it comes in and in coordination with the CA/OR Reservations Manager alert guests when appropriate.
- Advise guests regarding itinerary changes that occur after time of booking.
- Release launches in a timely manner when the CA/OR Reservations Manager is out of the office.
- Function as the office point-person for all details related to camping reservations at the American River Outpost.
- Responsible for review and verification of discounts being correct on bookings.
- Split-off passengers from a booking that can have their own client record and re-book as a PAX/GL.
- In collaboration with the CA/OR Reservations Manager and Risk Management Officer, follow up with “flagged” passengers for further screening.
- Send pre-departure letters.
- Coordinate with guests to inform of unconfirmed departures.
- Cross reference Trip Leader Reports with reservations to ensure accurate reporting of trip numbers.
- Continuously develop in-depth knowledge of OARS trips, policies and procedures and reservation system. Participate in researching the active travel industry and our competition; sales expertise; customer service techniques; knowledge of basic computer applications; written and verbal communication; personal organization.
- Log-in to phone queue daily according to standards set by management. Respond to all incoming calls and return all messages from prospective and current guests, travel agents and co-workers in a courteous, professional and timely manner.
- Enter concise notes from calls or e-mail correspondence in bookings or client records.
- Respond to email inquiries throughout the day. Copy designated sales agent for follow-up.
- Obtain all relevant information from prospective client. Create a client record and enter information including name, address, phone #, email address, HTH, new client tracking, interest, profile (if applicable), notes. Include a copy of email correspondence in the client record.
- Set-up literature requests as required.
- Make reservations, charge deposits/rentals/additional purchases and process final payments when applicable.
- Qualify and book guests for the most appropriate trips. Accurately collect all pertinent information about every new and past guest signing up for a trip.
- Recommend and develop responses to guest concerns in a prompt and courteous manner in accordance with OARS policies and procedures; in conjunction with Management and Operations.
- Participate in communicating with departmental and company teams to improve internal processes and build a high performing sales and customer service organization.
- Attend weekly office meetings
- Keep shared spaces tidy; reuse & recycle where possible.
- Other projects and duties as necessary or assigned.
- Long hours sitting or standing and using office equipment and computers, which can cause muscle strain.
- Some lifting of supplies and materials on an as-needed basis.
- The OARS office is a busy, shared-office operation where interruptions are frequent.
- Scheduled and unscheduled meetings with coworkers and managers are customary.
- Stressful working conditions due to call volume and customer demands are common.
Hourly Wages (based on 40 hours per week)
- $14.00 – $17.00 per hour for 40 hours per week
- Merit increases, dependent on individual and company performance, considered on an annual basis
- Overtime hours may be required on a daily or weekly basis, and will be paid at time and a half according to California law.
- Company-provided medical, dental, and vision insurance (included during the off season with commitment to return)
- Company-matching ($.50 for every $1.00 contributed up to 6% of gross pay) 401k plan after 1 year
- Friends + Family discounts on OARS trips
The position is seasonal, approximately March 15 – September 30
The first 60 days of employment are considered probationary.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates should send a resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 14th, 2021. No phone calls please.