Top Whitewater Rafting Trips For First-Timers
Wondering where to start?
Perhaps you’ve done a one-day rafting trip and you are looking to extend the excitement. Or, you want to get back to nature–maybe reconnect with family or friends. Here are our top multi-day trips for first-time adventurers.
Why not try…
- Exploring Dinosaur National Monument on the free-flowing Yampa River in Colorado | 4 or 5 days May – July, Class III-IV
- Rafting & hiking through Canyonlands National Park on the Colorado River through Cataract Canyon in Utah | 4 or 6 days April – October, Class III (During high water in late spring/early summer Cataract Canyon is rated Class IV+)
- Exploring the Native American ruins and rafting on gentle stretches of whitewater on the San Juan River in southeastern Utah | 3, 4 or 6 days March – July, Class II
- Camping and playing on football field-sized sandy beaches and riding in a dory on the Main Salmon River in Idaho | 6 days June – September, Class III
- Floating through the deepest gorge in North America on the Snake River through Hells Canyon in Idaho | 3 or 5 days May – September, Class III
- Rafting, hiking & wildlife viewing on the Wild & Scenic Rogue River in Oregon | 3, 4 or 5 days May – September, Class III