ASSISTANT CALIFORNIA & OREGON CLIENT SERVICES COORDINATOR
The California and Oregon Client Services Assistant works in collaboration with the CA/OR Area Coordinator to process reservations. This individual is responsible for performing all adventure consultant duties and area-specific client services to ensure high levels of customer service, organization and efficiency.
The California and Oregon Assistant can expect to work a Monday–Friday schedule during the shoulder season (up to mid-May; after mid-September). To ensure coverage for general phone inquiries and all CA/OR Client Services responsibilities, the work schedule during peak season (mid-May through mid-September) may require working weekends, such as Thursday – Monday, or similar. The peak season schedule is subject to change, as needed.
- The CA/OR Client Services Assistant reports to the Client Services Manager and works closely with the CA/OR Area Coordinator to provide complete reservation details to Field Staff and to respond as soon as possible to requests from the field for additional information.
- The position requires familiarity with trips offered in other areas in order to effectively answer general questions about any OARS trip.
- Additional duties TBD may be added once proficiency with the CA/OR position is attained.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Continuously develop an in-depth knowledge of OARS trips, policies and procedures and reservation system. Participate in researching the adventure travel industry and our competition; customer service techniques; computer applications; written and verbal communication; personal organization
- Actively participate in departmental and company discussions to improve internal processes and build a high-performing sales and client services team
- Function as the point person for other reservations staff for questions concerning designated area and keep staff apprised of operational updates
- Distribute reservation-related confirmation information and invoicing for designated area, including prompt and complete payments for reservations prior to departure. Generate and deliver customized final information for each departure
- Collect all client information (forms) and complete or delegate the accurate entry of that information into reservations system, including the correction of online entries as required
- Run weekly reports for late payments, registrations forms, minimum numbers, etc. and follow up accordingly
- Follow up on all reservations and questions (from phone calls, e-mails, trip evaluations, live chat, etc.) to insure guests choose OARS for their next adventure travel experience. Promptly follow up with requests for information from Management, Marketing, Accounting, and Operations
- Process cancellations and transfers and negotiate fees as necessary
- Recommend and develop responses to guest concerns in a prompt and courteous manner in accordance with OARS policies and procedures, in conjunction with other Management and Operations
- Provide Operations with additional information regarding trips as necessary in addition to remote reports, especially in the area of special client needs and custom arrangements, maintaining an open dialog on pending issues
- Coordinate with the Area Managers to open or close available trips to maintain a smooth flow of operations
- Develop and maintain a close relationship with outside vendors/affiliates & managing agencies
- Negotiate, update or maintain vendor/affiliate contacts and other arrangements as needed
- Communicate with vendors/affiliates to supply all OARS booking data and maintain updated availability for potential bookings
- Cancel and/or release room blocks, launches, etc. with managing agencies as required in accordance with their policies
- Generate and process payments to vendors/affiliates in an accurate and timely manner
- Maintain and update trip-related documents seasonally and on an as-needed basis
- New program and custom itinerary development for new trips, extensions and private trips when appropriate, following through from implementation to the final documents
- Active phone selling by being available to respond to incoming calls, e-mails and live chat messages and return all messages from prospective and current guests, travel agents and co-workers in a courteous, professional and timely manner
- Weekend work hours as required
- Other projects and duties as necessary or assigned.
- Ability to ask the right questions to discover guest needs
- Exceptional listening skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Highly organized
- Proficient basic math skills, with a focus on detail and accuracy
- Proactive work demeanor
- Effective time management; proficient at multitasking
- A team player and willingness to be “part of the solution”
- Responsible for distribution of reservation-related confirmation emails during time when the Area Coordinator is out of the office and as assigned to balance work flow.
- Mail confirmations if a guest prefers it in hard copy form rather than an electronic version.
- Assist Area Coordinator in maintaining trip files, hard copies of risk/release forms, safety talk checklists and vendor information in an orderly manner. Archive at the end of the year.
- Review trip pages on oars.com on a regular basis to ensure familiarity.
- In collaborations with Area Coordinator, responsible for collection of all client forms and complete & accurate entry/review of that information in Tour Tools.
- Follow up on ‘tentative bookings’ to ensure deposits are received.
- Follow up on late payments in coordination with Area Coordinator.
- In collaboration with Area Coordinator, responsible for providing Field Staff with complete and accurate information regarding upcoming trips.
- Review news from the field as it comes in and in coordination with the Area Coordinator alert guests when appropriate.
- Advise guests regarding itinerary changes that occur after time of booking.
- Release launches in a timely manner when Area Coordinator is out of the office.
- Function as the office point-person for all details related to camping reservations at the River Park Adventure Campground.
- Responsible for review and verification of discounts being correct on bookings.
- Split-off passengers from a booking that can have their own client record and re-book as a PAX/GL.
- In collaboration with the Area Coordinator and Risk Management Officer, follow up with “flagged” passengers for further screening.
- Send pre-departure letters.
- Coordinate with guests to inform of unconfirmed departures.
- Cross reference Trip Leader Reports with reservations to ensure accurate reporting of trip numbers.
- Continuously develop in-depth knowledge of OARS trips, policies and procedures and reservation system. Participate in researching the active travel industry and our competition; sales expertise; customer service techniques; knowledge of basic computer applications; written and verbal communication; personal organization.
- Log-in to phone queue daily according to standards set by management. Respond to all incoming calls and return all messages from prospective and current guests, travel agents and co-workers in a courteous, professional and timely manner.
- Enter concise notes from calls or e-mail correspondence in bookings or client records.
- Respond to email inquiries throughout the day. Copy designated sales agent for follow-up.
- Obtain all relevant information from prospective client. Create a client record and enter information including name, address, phone #, email address, HTH, new client tracking, interest, profile (if applicable), notes. Include a copy of email correspondence in the client record.
- Set-up literature requests as required.
- Make reservations, charge deposits/rentals/additional purchases and process final payments when applicable.
- Qualify and book guests for the most appropriate trips. Accurately collect all pertinent information about every new and past guest signing up for a trip.
- Recommend and develop responses to guest concerns in a prompt and courteous manner in accordance with OARS policies and procedures; in conjunction with Management and Operations.
- Participate in communicating with departmental and company teams to improve internal processes and build a high performing sales and customer service organization.
- Attend weekly office meetings
- Keep office and kitchen tidy, reuse & recycle where possible.
- Other projects and duties as necessary or assigned.
- Long hours sitting/standing and using office equipment and computers, which can cause muscle strain
- Some lifting of supplies and materials on an as-needed basis
- The OARS building is a busy, shared-office, call-center operation where interruptions are frequent
- Scheduled and unscheduled meetings with coworkers and managers are customary
- Stressful working conditions due to call volume and customer demands are common
Hourly wages (based on 40 hours per week)
$12.00 – $15.00 per hour depending on experience
Merit increases, dependent on individual and company performance, considered on an annual basis
- Company-matching ($.50 for every $1.00 contributed up to 6% of gross pay) 401k plan after 1 year
- Friends + Family discounts on OARS trips
This position is seasonal; approximately March 15 – September 30.
The first 60 days of employment are considered probationary.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates may submit a resume and cover letter detailing their interest in this position, as well as personal and employer references by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line of “Client Services Coordinator .” No phone calls please.