Meeting Place: San Carlos de Bariloche Airport, Argentina
6 Days $2099View Dates & Prices
- Explore the heart of Argentina’s Lake District in the Bariloche region
- Stay in traditional and spacious guesthouses situated on a private, 500-acre estancia along the shore of Gutiérrez Lake
- Kayak, horseback ride, fish and hike in Nahuel Huapi National Park
- Raft the scenic and fun Class II-IV Manso River
- Enjoy local traditions and customs, and explore the bustling city of Bariloche
- Optional yoga classes, massage therapy and other activities catered to all adventure levels (for an added cost)
The Bariloche region of Argentina, part of northern Patagonia’s Lake District, is one of the world’s most wildly beautiful and rugged regions. It’s a year-round adventure destination filled with jagged peaks, pristine rivers, endless miles of trails and crystal clear backwater oases that beckons travelers with just about every adventurous pursuit you can imagine.
This 6-day lodge-based multi-sport trip embraces all that the region offers. As you intimately explore the area, you’ll hike to serene waterfalls on mountain trails and ride horses to expansive Andean views, kayak the shores of Gutiérrez Lake, and raft the deep clear turquoise-blue water of the Manso River through a spectacular canyon lush with overhanging trees. But this experience also caters to individual interests with ample time built in for relaxation and rejuvenation, fishing, yoga, or even a therapeutic massage–all set amidst postcard-worthy views from the idyllic lakeside location of our luxurious cabin retreat in Nahuel Huapi National Park. Other off-site explorations include a visit to the city of Bariloche, dining in some of the city’s finest eateries, and even the option to visit local craft breweries. Choose the activities and adventure level that suit you each day, and in the evening, return to the comforts and amenities of our peaceful paradise.
Itinerary & Map
- Fly into San Carlos de Bariloche Airport and meet up with an OARS representative
- Stay at the majestic Peuma Hue nature-lodge along the shores of Gutiérrez Lake in Nahuel Huapi National Park
- Take a horseback riding lesson and ride to nearby Avalanche Waterfall
- Enjoy an Argentine asado, a traditional grilled meal, social gathering and warm welcome to the region
- Trek to Grand Waterfall before touring Gutiérrez Lake by kayak
- Raft the scenic Manso River and enjoy a picnic lunch
- Take a leisurely afternoon hike, fish for trout or rest at the guesthouse before an optional trip to town to visit local craft breweries and dinner out
- Wake up to breakfast treats before choosing from an array of morning activities like kayaking, hiking and stand up paddleboarding
- Try an early morning yoga or tai chi session, or opt for a healing massage
- Explore the city of Bariloche, often referred to as “The Switzerland of Latin America,” and sample South America’s best ice cream!
- Challenge yourself with a full-day trek and soak in the majesty of the nearby Andean Range
- Visit one of Bariloche’s famous steakhouses, a traditional parrilla, for a farewell dinner and cocktails
- Transfer back to San Carlos de Bariloche Airport for your departing flight
Per person based on double occupancy.
Single Supplement: $798
Additional costs: Travel Insurance, optional biking, climbing or polo lessons
Join OARS on any of our multi-day adventures abroad and receive a rebate worth 5% of your international trip fees, redeemable on select adventures throughout the American West.
- February 9, 23
- March 1, 29
- November 8, 22
- December 6
- January 3, 17, 31
- February 14, 28
- March 14, 28
Our Patagonia Multi-Sport trip is run by an affiliate company and arranged through O.A.R.S. International, Inc.