Ultimate Southwest Adventure Vacation
- Cataract Canyon rafting through Canyonlands National Park
- Brown Betty, Mile Long, Capsize and Big Drop Rapids
- Two nights at Sorrel River Ranch Resort & Spa
- Guided 4X4 tour & horseback riding
- Close to Moab biking & hiking trails
$2668 per person*
Single Supplement: $440
Prices include an optional $125 per person transportation package for a flight from the take-out back to Moab. This charge can be deleted if you prefer another option.
*based on double occupancy
Prices subject to National Park Service Approval
|River Rating||Minimum Age|
|Class III - V||7 Yrs (16 during high water)|
Ultimate Southwest Adventure Vacation in Utah - Overview
Spend four days rafting and hiking through glorious Cataract Canyon on the Colorado River in Utah, then check in at Southern Utah’s only 4-diamond property, the Sorrel River Ranch Resort for the ultimate southwest vacation adventure in the U.S.!
Located seventeen miles upriver from Moab, O.A.R.S. guests can take advantage of the resort’s isolation, yet stay close to Moab area attractions such as Arches National Park, Canyonlands National Park and Moab hiking and mountain biking trails. The ranch house and rooms exude western hospitality and are a perfect retreat after a day of adventure. The resort is also home to some of Moab’s finest dining, a sparkling outdoor swimming pool and hot tub, fitness center, basketball court, and horseback riding. The land immediately surrounding the ranch is truly spectacular and affords riders dramatic canyons, desert washes and trails meandering below red rock spires. At the end of the day, kick off your boots and soak in the hydrotherapy tub to work out any kinks and realize isolation has its perks.
Ultimate Southwest Adventure Vacation - Itinerary at a Glance
- Scenic drive from adventure gateway, Moab, Utah to our put-in at Potash
- The first 50 miles of your Cataract Canyon rafting trip, which is motorized, will acquaint your senses with a land of looming sandstone and peaceful rugged beauty first explored by John Wesley Powell in 1869
- Lathrop Ruin and ancient pictographs of solstice calendar
- Float past Pyramid Butte, the mighty Goose Neck and Dead Horse Point (immortalized in the movie Thelma and Louise)
- Meet the confluence of the Green River where Cataract Canyon begins, hinting at the whitewater to come
- Major rapids begin at Spanish Bottom where it is possible to see a fading 1893 inscription from the steamer, Major Powell
- Challenge Brown Betty, Mile Long, Capsize and the legendary Big Drop Rapids
- Enter Lake Powell at Hite and enjoy scenic flight back to Moab and check into Sorrel River Ranch
- Travel to Arches and Canyonlands national parks for a backcountry hiking tour through miles of terrain unseen by most visitors. Observe the area’s more famous landmarks, such as Delicate Arch and Balanced Rock
- Explore in true western style with a guided horseback ride in the same area John Wayne rode through 50 years ago while making his famous Old West films
- Relax by the pool or take a hike in the beautiful red rock country
Note: Trip prices include an optional $115/person transportation package for a flight from the take-out back to Moab that you may delete if you prefer another option. Please contact our office for details.
O.A.R.S. Canyonlands, Inc. is an authorized concessioner of Canyonlands National Park.
|Destination River||Meeting Parking||Rapid||Point of Interest||Camp||Put-in||Take-out|
- Trip Reviews
- Write a Review
“I thought the variety of things to do (rafting, camping, hiking, horseback, going to national parks, etc.) was great and made the trip appealing to everyone. Sorrel is a lovely facility… the accommodations were excellent.”
Virginia Besthoff ~ New Orleans, LA
“Of course, the beautiful location was a plus, but the guides were what made this experience so wonderful! They were so helpful to our group of women… many of us had never even put up tents before, much less peed on the riverbank. . .They made great food and coffee and had so much knowledge to share with us, from riverside landmarks & how to read the water, to things to do in Moab and areas to explore when we come back another time.”
Kim Kosmatka ~ Marshfield, WI
“Staff were superb. Gorgeous scenery. Very good food.”
Jenny Urquhart ~ Marshfield, WI
“Our guides were so knowledgeable, very environmentally aware & concerned that each of us be aware of the many issues facing the West. Without being political, they were great sources of information and brought up some very interesting issues”
Lynn Deuser ~ Marshfield, WI
Ultimate Southwest Vacation - 6 Days Trip Planner
Please print, sign and return the required forms (for each person in your party) to our office by email, fax or mail at least 60 days prior to your trip.
Trip Planners (includes packing list)
Local Weather & Current Conditions
Weather in the Moab area
|Seasonal Average: 68°|