O.A.R.S. Press Release
- Two Oregon Purveyors of Fine Living, A Chocolatier and a Brew Master, Spice Up Father’s Day on the Rogue River with O.A.R.S.
- Veteran Outfitter O.A.R.S. by Longstanding Agreements With Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks Offers Guests Unique Access and Experiences
- A Strong Constitution for Fun Recommended for O.A.R.S.’ July 4th – 6th Tuolumne River Trip with 21st Amendment Brewery
- O.A.R.S. Releases 2013 Family Adventure Catalog With Vacations From Peru to Alaska
- O.A.R.S. Selected by Outside Magazine As Runner Up for “Best Outfitter of the Year”
- O.A.R.S. Outlines 2013 Menu of Whitewater Vacations On Idaho’s Iconic Salmon and Snake Rivers
- O.A.R.S. Offers 11 Unique Gourmet Whitewater Rafting Adventures in 2013
- O.A.R.S. Rafts Second-Ever Descent of Drangme Chhu in Bhutan
- O.A.R.S. Hosts Series of Epicurean Adventures on Idaho’s Salmon River with Whole Journeys
- O.A.R.S.’ Adventure Consultant Recognized as Top Travel Specialist for River Rafting by Condé Nast Traveler for the 6th Consecutive Year
- O.A.R.S. Founder, George Wendt, Honored at 2012 California River Awards
- O.A.R.S. Partners With Leading Social Media Agency To Launch Web Magazine
- Dinosaur National Monument, an Undiscovered Gem, Shines this Summer
- O.A.R.S. and American Rivers Shine the Light on the Endangered Green River
- O.A.R.S. Releases Industry-leading Whitewater Orientation Video
- O.A.R.S.’ Bosnia Three Rivers Tour Recognized as One of “50 Tours of a Lifetime” for 2012
- The Grand Canyon by Dory Named to Hall of Fame in Outside's Inaugural Travel Awards
- O.A.R.S. Seeks to Inspire the Next Generation of Adventurers with New Family Catalog
- O.A.R.S. Launches Three New Adventures for 2012
- O.A.R.S.’ Adventure Consultant Recognized as Top River Rafting Expert by Condé Nast Traveler for the 5th Consecutive Year
- O.A.R.S. Reinvents the Travel Catalog for 2012
- Record Water Levels on Tap for 2011 Cataract Canyon Rafting Season
- O.A.R.S.’ Grand Canyon River Trip Recognized as One of “50 Tours of a Lifetime” for 2011
- California Snowpack Has River Outfitters Looking Forward to 2011 Rafting Season
- Prime Minister of Fiji Recognizes Rivers Fiji with “Exporter of the Year” Award for Tourism Services
- Award-winning Outfitter Unveils 2011 Bucket List of Adventures
- O.A.R.S. Announces New Wilderness Gourmet Culinary Adventure Featuring Acclaimed Ashland Chef, Damon Jones on the Rogue River
- Adventures in Wine and Whitewater
- Above Average Sierra Snowpack Translates to Exciting, Extended California Whitewater Rafting Season
- Grand Teton National Park selects O.A.R.S. as long-term concessionaire & the only rafting & sea kayaking outfitter to operate overnight trips in the park
- Rivers Fiji recognized with Responsible Tourism Award by Virgin Holidays
- Fifty “Eco-Friendly” Ways to Experience the Unforgettable Nature of an O.A.R.S. Adventure
- Adventure Travelers in Pursuit of the Seven Whitewater Wonders of the World
- Raft More, Spend Less: All-Inclusive Adventures Make Good Financial Sense in Today's Economy
- Unique Vacation Options, On and Off the Beaten Path, In America’s Most Iconic National Parks
- O.A.R.S. Receives Top Honors from Distinguished Media Outlets
- O.A.R.S. To Begin Accepting Reservations for 2010 Grand Canyon Rafting Trips
- O.A.R.S. Offers Seven New Trips in 2009 Adding to an Extensive Collection of Adventurous Itineraries throughout the U.S. West, Canada, Latin America and Fiji
- O.A.R.S.’ Gourmet Whitewater Rafting Trips Offer Elegant Adventure Vacation Alternatives
- O.A.R.S. Commemorates 40th Anniversary of the Wild and Scenic Rivers Act by Partnering with American Rivers and by Offering a Benefit Whitewater Rafting Trip in Idaho
- O.A.R.S. - Mother Nature Cooperates with Whitewater Rafting Company: Snow Levels Make for an Outstanding 2008 Whitewater Rafting Season
- O.A.R.S. – the eco-savvy adventure travel outfitter further reduces carbon footprint with a new commitment to solar power
- O.A.R.S. announces a one-of-a kind series of rafting and product-testing expeditions with performance footwear innovator Teva
- Seven New Hiking-Specific Itineraries Added to O.A.R.S. Diverse Trip Options
- O.A.R.S. and Teva Team Up to Support a 3D Experience for IMAX Theaters – Grand Canyon Adventure: River at Risk
- O.A.R.S. Receives Top Honors from Distinguished Media Outlets
- O.A.R.S. Adventure Vacations - Something for everyone: the thrill-seeker, the naturalist, the not-exactly-athletic, the first-time camper and the seasoned boater
O.A.R.S. Hosts Series of Epicurean Adventures on Idaho’s Salmon River with Whole Journeys
Angels Camp, Calif.—Dec. 18, 2012 – New for 2013, veteran river outfitter O.A.R.S. has partnered with Whole Journeys (A Whole Foods Market® Company) to offer a unique new experience for “active foodies.” O.A.R.S.’ Epicurean Adventure along Idaho’s Main Salmon River with Whole Journeys includes six days of rafting on free-flowing Class III whitewater, five nights of catered camping on sandy beaches, a natural hot spring and chef-prepared meals. As travelers challenge themselves with new experiences on the river, and take in the natural beauty, along the way they will enjoy impressive restaurant-quality, organic cuisine deep in the wilderness. Additionally, cooking demonstrations will be accompanied by discussions about the history of the region including food traditions, storage methods and trading.
This itinerary is the first partnership between O.A.R.S. and Whole Journeys, Whole Foods Market’s new travel venture.
“The idea behind Whole Journeys is to give active foodies unique and intimate interactions with food and food cultures,” said Kathy Dragon, Whole Journeys’ executive director. “O.A.R.S. is the industry leader when it comes to innovative rafting programs worldwide and this Salmon River trip coincides with the new Whole Foods Market store in Boise, Idaho, allowing us to feature a host of our local producers. O.A.R.S. brings the regional and environmental expertise to the table, and we help to round out the itinerary with incredible food experiences.”
Professionally trained in Santiago, Chile, Chef Cristian Vargas will prepare gourmet meals each evening while sharing his knowledge & enthusiasm for cooking outdoors. Vargas first combined his passion for gastronomy and the outdoors as head chef at a fly-fishing lodge on the Futaleufu River in Chile. He began working with O.A.R.S. in British Columbia before moving on to Oregon and Idaho as the featured chef on a number of gourmet river trips. A sample from Chef Cristian’s dinner menu for this trip includes venison sirloin steak with huckleberry wine reduction, wild mushrooms, warm salad and caramelized beets.
Departing July 14, August 7 and 23, this seven-day itinerary not only treats guests to fine cuisine—but they’ll also experience some of the best whitewater in the United States. The Salmon River’s natural hot springs, sandy beaches, hiking trails, abundant wildlife and, of course, top-notch whitewater rafting will captivate even the most experienced traveler. The trip costs $2,795 per person and includes skilled professional guide services, all equipment for rafting and camping, delicious chef-prepared meals and a selection of local microbrews and wine, hotel accommodations on the first night and flights from Boise to the river and back. To learn more about this itinerary visit http://www.oars.com/idaho/salmonrivergourmetrafting.html.
About Whole Journeys
Whole Journeys grew from Whole Foods’ vision to bring the values, the passion and the taste of Whole Foods Market beyond their stores and further connect their customers to the culture of food in particular regions. The Whole Journeys “Active Foodie” adventures explore the local landscapes through activities like walking between historic villages, cycling through breathtaking country sides, and rafting legendary rivers while focusing on the culture and traditions of food in the destination.
Since 1969, O.A.R.S. has set the standard in first-class rafting, sea kayaking and multi-sport vacations, with destinations and unparalleled experiences on over 35 rivers and coastlines around the world. O.A.R.S. caters to active travelers of all ages and abilities with more than 75 unique itineraries, including one-day and weekend escapes. For more information on O.A.R.S.’ eco-friendly adventures, visit www.oars.com, email the company at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-346-6277.