O.A.R.S. Press Release
- O.A.R.S., Worldwide Leader in Whitewater Rafting, Launches World Rivers Series of New Trips Marrying Iconic Rivers with Cultural Destinations
- U.S. Marine Captain with Four Deployments to Afghanistan under His Belt Chosen as Winner of O.A.R.S. “Livin’ the Dream” Contest
- O.A.R.S. Announces Enhanced Commission Structure Including Travel Agent Commissions on Coveted Grand Canyon Rafting Adventures
- Condé Nast Traveler Selects O.A.R.S.’ Mindy Gleason Among its Top Travel Specialists for 7th Consecutive Year
- O.A.R.S. Launches “Livin’ the Dream” Contest To Become Honorary River Guide On No-Cost Grand Canyon Rafting Trip
- O.A.R.S. Family Rafting Adventures Give Kids a Break from Devices
- O.A.R.S. Experiencing Increased Demand For Rafting Adventures in Northern California This Summer On Reservoir-Controlled Rivers
- Two Oregon Purveyors of Fine Living, A Chocolatier and a Brew Master, Spice Up Father’s Day on the Rogue River with O.A.R.S.
- Veteran Outfitter O.A.R.S. by Longstanding Agreements With Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks Offers Guests Unique Access and Experiences
- A Strong Constitution for Fun Recommended for O.A.R.S.’ July 4th – 6th Tuolumne River Trip with 21st Amendment Brewery
- O.A.R.S. Releases 2013 Family Adventure Catalog With Vacations From Peru to Alaska
- O.A.R.S. Selected by Outside Magazine As Runner Up for “Best Outfitter of the Year”
- O.A.R.S. Outlines 2013 Menu of Whitewater Vacations On Idaho’s Iconic Salmon and Snake Rivers
- O.A.R.S. Offers 11 Unique Gourmet Whitewater Rafting Adventures in 2013
- O.A.R.S. Rafts Second-Ever Descent of Drangme Chhu in Bhutan
- O.A.R.S. Hosts Series of Epicurean Adventures on Idaho’s Salmon River with Whole Journeys
- O.A.R.S.’ Adventure Consultant Recognized as Top Travel Specialist for River Rafting by Condé Nast Traveler for the 6th Consecutive Year
- O.A.R.S. Founder, George Wendt, Honored at 2012 California River Awards
- O.A.R.S. Partners With Leading Social Media Agency To Launch Web Magazine
- Dinosaur National Monument, an Undiscovered Gem, Shines this Summer
- O.A.R.S. and American Rivers Shine the Light on the Endangered Green River
- O.A.R.S. Releases Industry-leading Whitewater Orientation Video
- O.A.R.S.’ Bosnia Three Rivers Tour Recognized as One of “50 Tours of a Lifetime” for 2012
- The Grand Canyon by Dory Named to Hall of Fame in Outside's Inaugural Travel Awards
- O.A.R.S. Seeks to Inspire the Next Generation of Adventurers with New Family Catalog
- O.A.R.S. Launches Three New Adventures for 2012
- O.A.R.S.’ Adventure Consultant Recognized as Top River Rafting Expert by Condé Nast Traveler for the 5th Consecutive Year
- O.A.R.S. Reinvents the Travel Catalog for 2012
- Record Water Levels on Tap for 2011 Cataract Canyon Rafting Season
- O.A.R.S.’ Grand Canyon River Trip Recognized as One of “50 Tours of a Lifetime” for 2011
- California Snowpack Has River Outfitters Looking Forward to 2011 Rafting Season
- Prime Minister of Fiji Recognizes Rivers Fiji with “Exporter of the Year” Award for Tourism Services
- Award-winning Outfitter Unveils 2011 Bucket List of Adventures
- O.A.R.S. Announces New Wilderness Gourmet Culinary Adventure Featuring Acclaimed Ashland Chef, Damon Jones on the Rogue River
- Adventures in Wine and Whitewater
- Above Average Sierra Snowpack Translates to Exciting, Extended California Whitewater Rafting Season
- Grand Teton National Park selects O.A.R.S. as long-term concessionaire & the only rafting & sea kayaking outfitter to operate overnight trips in the park
- Rivers Fiji recognized with Responsible Tourism Award by Virgin Holidays
- Fifty “Eco-Friendly” Ways to Experience the Unforgettable Nature of an O.A.R.S. Adventure
- Adventure Travelers in Pursuit of the Seven Whitewater Wonders of the World
- Raft More, Spend Less: All-Inclusive Adventures Make Good Financial Sense in Today's Economy
- Unique Vacation Options, On and Off the Beaten Path, In America’s Most Iconic National Parks
- O.A.R.S. Receives Top Honors from Distinguished Media Outlets
- O.A.R.S. To Begin Accepting Reservations for 2010 Grand Canyon Rafting Trips
- O.A.R.S. Offers Seven New Trips in 2009 Adding to an Extensive Collection of Adventurous Itineraries throughout the U.S. West, Canada, Latin America and Fiji
- O.A.R.S.’ Gourmet Whitewater Rafting Trips Offer Elegant Adventure Vacation Alternatives
- O.A.R.S. Commemorates 40th Anniversary of the Wild and Scenic Rivers Act by Partnering with American Rivers and by Offering a Benefit Whitewater Rafting Trip in Idaho
- O.A.R.S. - Mother Nature Cooperates with Whitewater Rafting Company: Snow Levels Make for an Outstanding 2008 Whitewater Rafting Season
- O.A.R.S. – the eco-savvy adventure travel outfitter further reduces carbon footprint with a new commitment to solar power
- O.A.R.S. announces a one-of-a kind series of rafting and product-testing expeditions with performance footwear innovator Teva
- Seven New Hiking-Specific Itineraries Added to O.A.R.S. Diverse Trip Options
- O.A.R.S. and Teva Team Up to Support a 3D Experience for IMAX Theaters – Grand Canyon Adventure: River at Risk
- O.A.R.S. Receives Top Honors from Distinguished Media Outlets
- O.A.R.S. Adventure Vacations - Something for everyone: the thrill-seeker, the naturalist, the not-exactly-athletic, the first-time camper and the seasoned boater
Adventure Travelers in Pursuit of the Seven Whitewater Wonders of the World
Angels Camp, California - May 12, 2009 - From the Grand Canyon to white sandy beaches in Fiji, O.A.R.S. (Outdoor Adventure River Specialists) offers more than 75 unique itineraries for every adventurer's budget. This eco-savvy adventure travel company is the largest, most geographically diverse whitewater rafting outfitter in the western U.S. They guide thousands of guests off the grid and through the world's waterways each year.
National Geographic Adventure magazine twice named the company as "the Best River and Sea Outfitter on Earth" and recently National Geographic Traveler recognized the company's Ultimate Fiji Explorer luxury adventure as one of their "2009 Tours of a Lifetime." As testament to the company's outstanding customer service and expertise, Condé Nast Traveler magazine named Reservations Manager, Mindy Gleason, their "Top Travel Specialist" for River Rafting in 2007 and 2008.
Gleason, who has worked and traveled with O.A.R.S. for nearly two decades, recently returned from the Upper Navua River in Fiji as the first person to navigate each river included in the company's Seven Whitewater Wonders of the World. These crème de la crème whitewater trips include: the Colorado River through the Grand Canyon; the Middle Fork of the Salmon River in Idaho; the Chilko-Chilcotin-Fraser Rivers in British Columbia; the Futaleufu River in Chile; the Klinaklini River in Coastal British Columbia; the Tuolumne River near Yosemite National Park in California; and the Upper Navua River in Fiji.
"The Seven Whitewater Wonders was introduced as part of our 35th anniversary celebration," George Wendt, O.A.R.S. Founder and President, stated. "Many of our travelers call us seeking trips on the world's finest rivers. We put our collective experiences together - our office staff alone has done close to 1,000 river trips - and realized these seven rivers represent some of the most unique waterways in the world. Five years later, we are thrilled there are several other O.A.R.S. travelers who are about to complete all seven itineraries and join Mindy in our Seven Whitewater Wonders Club."
In an interview from the O.A.R.S. Headquarters, Ms. Gleason added, "I realize I am extremely fortunate to be the first person to participate in such a unique travel opportunity. I certainly will never forget sleeping in tree houses along the Futaleufu River in Chile or witnessing the nearly 75 waterfalls cascading from the Upper Navua River's canyon walls on my recent trip in Fiji. I find it helpful to have first-hand experience on so many different rivers when I talk with people who call our office. I'm frequently asked to reveal my favorite river, although I can't truthfully do that. I do, however, have favorite memories from each. I particularly enjoyed the remoteness of the Kliniklini River in British Columbia. I love to fly and we utilized helicopters and bush planes to access the river, which was thrilling. I often suggest to our travelers to experience more than one river, as each one offers something unique and unforgettable. No matter the economy, it's always a good time to invest in lifetime memories."
Longtime O.A.R.S. traveler, Carol Kurtz of Carmel Valley, California, said, "I added up the number of O.A.R.S. adventures I've been on through the years and came up with 10. It's truly amazing that they just keep getting better and better!"
Since 1969 O.A.R.S. has set the standard in first-class rafting, sea kayaking and multi-sport vacations, with destinations and unparalleled experiences on over 35 rivers and coastlines of the world. O.A.R.S. caters to active travelers of all ages and abilities with more than 75 unique itineraries worldwide, including one-day and weekend escapes. For more information on O.A.R.S. eco-friendly adventures, including a free 84-page color catalog, call O.A.R.S. at 1-800-346-6277, email the company at email@example.com or visit www.oars.com.