O.A.R.S. Press Release
- Two Oregon Purveyors of Fine Living, A Chocolatier and a Brew Master, Spice Up Father’s Day on the Rogue River with O.A.R.S.
- Veteran Outfitter O.A.R.S. by Longstanding Agreements With Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks Offers Guests Unique Access and Experiences
- A Strong Constitution for Fun Recommended for O.A.R.S.’ July 4th – 6th Tuolumne River Trip with 21st Amendment Brewery
- O.A.R.S. Releases 2013 Family Adventure Catalog With Vacations From Peru to Alaska
- O.A.R.S. Selected by Outside Magazine As Runner Up for “Best Outfitter of the Year”
- O.A.R.S. Outlines 2013 Menu of Whitewater Vacations On Idaho’s Iconic Salmon and Snake Rivers
- O.A.R.S. Offers 11 Unique Gourmet Whitewater Rafting Adventures in 2013
- O.A.R.S. Rafts Second-Ever Descent of Drangme Chhu in Bhutan
- O.A.R.S. Hosts Series of Epicurean Adventures on Idaho’s Salmon River with Whole Journeys
- O.A.R.S.’ Adventure Consultant Recognized as Top Travel Specialist for River Rafting by Condé Nast Traveler for the 6th Consecutive Year
- O.A.R.S. Founder, George Wendt, Honored at 2012 California River Awards
- O.A.R.S. Partners With Leading Social Media Agency To Launch Web Magazine
- Dinosaur National Monument, an Undiscovered Gem, Shines this Summer
- O.A.R.S. and American Rivers Shine the Light on the Endangered Green River
- O.A.R.S. Releases Industry-leading Whitewater Orientation Video
- O.A.R.S.’ Bosnia Three Rivers Tour Recognized as One of “50 Tours of a Lifetime” for 2012
- The Grand Canyon by Dory Named to Hall of Fame in Outside's Inaugural Travel Awards
- O.A.R.S. Seeks to Inspire the Next Generation of Adventurers with New Family Catalog
- O.A.R.S. Launches Three New Adventures for 2012
- O.A.R.S.’ Adventure Consultant Recognized as Top River Rafting Expert by Condé Nast Traveler for the 5th Consecutive Year
- O.A.R.S. Reinvents the Travel Catalog for 2012
- Record Water Levels on Tap for 2011 Cataract Canyon Rafting Season
- O.A.R.S.’ Grand Canyon River Trip Recognized as One of “50 Tours of a Lifetime” for 2011
- California Snowpack Has River Outfitters Looking Forward to 2011 Rafting Season
- Prime Minister of Fiji Recognizes Rivers Fiji with “Exporter of the Year” Award for Tourism Services
- Award-winning Outfitter Unveils 2011 Bucket List of Adventures
- O.A.R.S. Announces New Wilderness Gourmet Culinary Adventure Featuring Acclaimed Ashland Chef, Damon Jones on the Rogue River
- Adventures in Wine and Whitewater
- Above Average Sierra Snowpack Translates to Exciting, Extended California Whitewater Rafting Season
- Grand Teton National Park selects O.A.R.S. as long-term concessionaire & the only rafting & sea kayaking outfitter to operate overnight trips in the park
- Rivers Fiji recognized with Responsible Tourism Award by Virgin Holidays
- Fifty “Eco-Friendly” Ways to Experience the Unforgettable Nature of an O.A.R.S. Adventure
- Adventure Travelers in Pursuit of the Seven Whitewater Wonders of the World
- Raft More, Spend Less: All-Inclusive Adventures Make Good Financial Sense in Today's Economy
- Unique Vacation Options, On and Off the Beaten Path, In America’s Most Iconic National Parks
- O.A.R.S. Receives Top Honors from Distinguished Media Outlets
- O.A.R.S. To Begin Accepting Reservations for 2010 Grand Canyon Rafting Trips
- O.A.R.S. Offers Seven New Trips in 2009 Adding to an Extensive Collection of Adventurous Itineraries throughout the U.S. West, Canada, Latin America and Fiji
- O.A.R.S.’ Gourmet Whitewater Rafting Trips Offer Elegant Adventure Vacation Alternatives
- O.A.R.S. Commemorates 40th Anniversary of the Wild and Scenic Rivers Act by Partnering with American Rivers and by Offering a Benefit Whitewater Rafting Trip in Idaho
- O.A.R.S. - Mother Nature Cooperates with Whitewater Rafting Company: Snow Levels Make for an Outstanding 2008 Whitewater Rafting Season
- O.A.R.S. – the eco-savvy adventure travel outfitter further reduces carbon footprint with a new commitment to solar power
- O.A.R.S. announces a one-of-a kind series of rafting and product-testing expeditions with performance footwear innovator Teva
- Seven New Hiking-Specific Itineraries Added to O.A.R.S. Diverse Trip Options
- O.A.R.S. and Teva Team Up to Support a 3D Experience for IMAX Theaters – Grand Canyon Adventure: River at Risk
- O.A.R.S. Receives Top Honors from Distinguished Media Outlets
- O.A.R.S. Adventure Vacations - Something for everyone: the thrill-seeker, the naturalist, the not-exactly-athletic, the first-time camper and the seasoned boater
Raft More, Spend Less: All-Inclusive Adventures Make Good Financial Sense in Today's Economy
Angels Camp, California - April 21, 2009 - One of the best investments you can make in economically challenging times is to spend money wisely on a journey with family and friends. O.A.R.S. (Outdoor Adventure River Specialists), an eco-savvy adventure travel company celebrating its 40th anniversary this year, offers all-inclusive whitewater rafting, sea kayaking, hiking and multi-sport adventures packaged to maximize your vacation dollars.
Consider the value of an O.A.R.S. adventure: river rafting, relaxing on big sandy beaches, soaking in natural hot springs, hiking, fishing, wildlife viewing, comfortable catered camping under a star-strewn sky, freshly prepared gourmet meals (without the mess or clean up), storytelling and laughing around a campfire and creating life-time memories with friends and loved ones. These are experiences that remain relevant regardless of the economic or political climate.
George Wendt, Founder and President of O.A.R.S., observed recently from the company's Northern California headquarters, "During periods of a depressed economy, more so than any other time, people want simple, inexpensive entertainment that makes them feel good. It may seem like an unusual time to take a dream vacation, given our country's current economic climate, but sometimes you just have to take the plunge. We manage the logistics, including meals and sleeping arrangements, which can be difficult to attain during peak travel periods, so travelers can simply relax and enjoy their time away from daily routines. The value of a river trip is priceless."
O.A.R.S. offers trips to fit a multitude of budgets, including quick family getaways and vacations to 10 of America's most iconic national parks. The carbon-neutral outfitter offers inexpensive 1/2-day sea kayaking excursions in Yellowstone National Park and rafting trips in Dinosaur National Monument for less than $100 per person. One-day California rafting trips start at just $99 per person and multi-day all-inclusive rafting vacations throughout the West start at less than $176 per person per day. The company's guests include young families, retired couples, professionals and students, with and without any prior outdoor experience.
"I've been an independent traveler my entire life," stated freelance photographer and adventure traveler, Tracy Barbutes. "I jumped at the opportunity to travel with O.A.R.S. through the Grand Canyon last year. I appreciate having had all the logistics, big and small, arranged for me. In the end, my biggest concerns were which clothes to pack and what camera gear to take. One or two phone calls to the office was all the time it took to make arrangements for an 18-day trip of a lifetime. I can't imagine what it would have cost to put together a trip like that, let alone the time it would have taken to organize the details. O.A.R.S. has relationships with local hotels, so I didn't have to worry about where I would stay before and after rafting. And while on the river, our group felt like we had the canyon all to ourselves and everything was taken care of. Priceless!"
Since 1969 O.A.R.S. has set the standard in first-class rafting, sea kayaking, hiking and multi-sport vacations, with destinations and unparalleled experiences on over 35 rivers and coastlines of the world. O.A.R.S. caters to active travelers of all ages and abilities with more than 75 unique itineraries worldwide, including one-day and weekend escapes. For more information on O.A.R.S. eco-friendly adventures, including a free 84-page color catalog, call O.A.R.S. at 1-800-346-6277, email the company at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.oars.com.