O.A.R.S. Press Release
- O.A.R.S., Worldwide Leader in Whitewater Rafting, Launches World Rivers Series of New Trips Marrying Iconic Rivers with Cultural Destinations
- U.S. Marine Captain with Four Deployments to Afghanistan under His Belt Chosen as Winner of O.A.R.S. “Livin’ the Dream” Contest
- O.A.R.S. Announces Enhanced Commission Structure Including Travel Agent Commissions on Coveted Grand Canyon Rafting Adventures
- Condé Nast Traveler Selects O.A.R.S.’ Mindy Gleason Among its Top Travel Specialists for 7th Consecutive Year
- O.A.R.S. Launches “Livin’ the Dream” Contest To Become Honorary River Guide On No-Cost Grand Canyon Rafting Trip
- O.A.R.S. Family Rafting Adventures Give Kids a Break from Devices
- O.A.R.S. Experiencing Increased Demand For Rafting Adventures in Northern California This Summer On Reservoir-Controlled Rivers
- Two Oregon Purveyors of Fine Living, A Chocolatier and a Brew Master, Spice Up Father’s Day on the Rogue River with O.A.R.S.
- Veteran Outfitter O.A.R.S. by Longstanding Agreements With Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks Offers Guests Unique Access and Experiences
- A Strong Constitution for Fun Recommended for O.A.R.S.’ July 4th – 6th Tuolumne River Trip with 21st Amendment Brewery
- O.A.R.S. Releases 2013 Family Adventure Catalog With Vacations From Peru to Alaska
- O.A.R.S. Selected by Outside Magazine As Runner Up for “Best Outfitter of the Year”
- O.A.R.S. Outlines 2013 Menu of Whitewater Vacations On Idaho’s Iconic Salmon and Snake Rivers
- O.A.R.S. Offers 11 Unique Gourmet Whitewater Rafting Adventures in 2013
- O.A.R.S. Rafts Second-Ever Descent of Drangme Chhu in Bhutan
- O.A.R.S. Hosts Series of Epicurean Adventures on Idaho’s Salmon River with Whole Journeys
- O.A.R.S.’ Adventure Consultant Recognized as Top Travel Specialist for River Rafting by Condé Nast Traveler for the 6th Consecutive Year
- O.A.R.S. Founder, George Wendt, Honored at 2012 California River Awards
- O.A.R.S. Partners With Leading Social Media Agency To Launch Web Magazine
- Dinosaur National Monument, an Undiscovered Gem, Shines this Summer
- O.A.R.S. and American Rivers Shine the Light on the Endangered Green River
- O.A.R.S. Releases Industry-leading Whitewater Orientation Video
- O.A.R.S.’ Bosnia Three Rivers Tour Recognized as One of “50 Tours of a Lifetime” for 2012
- The Grand Canyon by Dory Named to Hall of Fame in Outside's Inaugural Travel Awards
- O.A.R.S. Seeks to Inspire the Next Generation of Adventurers with New Family Catalog
- O.A.R.S. Launches Three New Adventures for 2012
- O.A.R.S.’ Adventure Consultant Recognized as Top River Rafting Expert by Condé Nast Traveler for the 5th Consecutive Year
- O.A.R.S. Reinvents the Travel Catalog for 2012
- Record Water Levels on Tap for 2011 Cataract Canyon Rafting Season
- O.A.R.S.’ Grand Canyon River Trip Recognized as One of “50 Tours of a Lifetime” for 2011
- California Snowpack Has River Outfitters Looking Forward to 2011 Rafting Season
- Prime Minister of Fiji Recognizes Rivers Fiji with “Exporter of the Year” Award for Tourism Services
- Award-winning Outfitter Unveils 2011 Bucket List of Adventures
- O.A.R.S. Announces New Wilderness Gourmet Culinary Adventure Featuring Acclaimed Ashland Chef, Damon Jones on the Rogue River
- Adventures in Wine and Whitewater
- Above Average Sierra Snowpack Translates to Exciting, Extended California Whitewater Rafting Season
- Grand Teton National Park selects O.A.R.S. as long-term concessionaire & the only rafting & sea kayaking outfitter to operate overnight trips in the park
- Rivers Fiji recognized with Responsible Tourism Award by Virgin Holidays
- Fifty “Eco-Friendly” Ways to Experience the Unforgettable Nature of an O.A.R.S. Adventure
- Adventure Travelers in Pursuit of the Seven Whitewater Wonders of the World
- Raft More, Spend Less: All-Inclusive Adventures Make Good Financial Sense in Today's Economy
- Unique Vacation Options, On and Off the Beaten Path, In America’s Most Iconic National Parks
- O.A.R.S. Receives Top Honors from Distinguished Media Outlets
- O.A.R.S. To Begin Accepting Reservations for 2010 Grand Canyon Rafting Trips
- O.A.R.S. Offers Seven New Trips in 2009 Adding to an Extensive Collection of Adventurous Itineraries throughout the U.S. West, Canada, Latin America and Fiji
- O.A.R.S.’ Gourmet Whitewater Rafting Trips Offer Elegant Adventure Vacation Alternatives
- O.A.R.S. Commemorates 40th Anniversary of the Wild and Scenic Rivers Act by Partnering with American Rivers and by Offering a Benefit Whitewater Rafting Trip in Idaho
- O.A.R.S. - Mother Nature Cooperates with Whitewater Rafting Company: Snow Levels Make for an Outstanding 2008 Whitewater Rafting Season
- O.A.R.S. – the eco-savvy adventure travel outfitter further reduces carbon footprint with a new commitment to solar power
- O.A.R.S. announces a one-of-a kind series of rafting and product-testing expeditions with performance footwear innovator Teva
- Seven New Hiking-Specific Itineraries Added to O.A.R.S. Diverse Trip Options
- O.A.R.S. and Teva Team Up to Support a 3D Experience for IMAX Theaters – Grand Canyon Adventure: River at Risk
- O.A.R.S. Receives Top Honors from Distinguished Media Outlets
- O.A.R.S. Adventure Vacations - Something for everyone: the thrill-seeker, the naturalist, the not-exactly-athletic, the first-time camper and the seasoned boater
A Strong Constitution for Fun Recommended for O.A.R.S.’ July 4th – 6th Tuolumne River Trip with 21st Amendment Brewery
ANGELS CAMP, CA, April 22, 2013 – Veteran river outfitter and nature-based adventure travel company O.A.R.S. announces an Independence Day launch of a three-day craft beer tasting and gourmet rafting adventure on California’s Tuolumne River.
“Guests should bring an appetite for adventure and a strong constitution for fun,” quipped Steve Markle, O.A.R.S. (http://www.oars.com/) spokesperson. On board for the tour will be San Francisco-based 21st Amendment Brewery (www.21st-amendment.com) honoring the repeal of prohibition and Cypress Grove Chevre (www.cypressgrovechevre.com), purveyor of artisanal goat and sheep cheeses. Craft brews and fine cheeses will be complemented by gourmet meals prepared by Chef Cristián Vargas each evening.
Over hors d’oeuvres, guests will experience how cheese can be the perfect partner of a hand-crafted brew. The cheese is courtesy of Cypress Grove Chevre, one of America's best known artisan goat cheese companies and makers of the iconic "Humboldt Fog."
Shaun O’Sullivan, co-founder, brewmaster and the heart and soul of the 21st Amendment Brewery, will present a variety of award-winning house-made canned brews such as Brew Free! or Die IPA, Hell or High Watermelon Wheat, Back in Black - Black IPA, and Monk's Blood, picked as one of Outside Magazine’s top 10 beers of 2012. A former photographer and paralegal, O’Sullivan says he “traded his suits for boots and was saved by beer.”
O.A.R.S.’ reputation for creating culinary fireworks in the wilderness will go unchallenged as featured chef Cristián Vargas elicits exclamations of pleasure by pairing Asian and classic cuisine with award-winning micro-brews. A graduate of the University INACAP in Santiago, Chile, he holds a degree in Administration of Gastronomic Production and International Cooking. Always with Latin American flair in his cooking and his presentations, Vargas may demonstrate how to make Chilean empanadas or even how to dance the salsa.
The Tuolumne (pronounced Too-all-uh-me) River near Yosemite National Park, a standard-setting river among all the California rafting experiences, offers thrilling early season Class IV whitewater flanked by sandy beaches and canyons, and fed by tumbling creeks and waterfalls. Hand-selected micro brews and hors d’oeuvres compliment a savory brewer’s feast to follow each day’s exploits.
The Tuolumne River rafting trip begins in Groveland, CA near the headwaters of the Tuolumne River high in the wilds of Yosemite National Park, spilling 18 miles into a desolate, awesome river canyon roaring with whitewater—big in spring, moderate in late summer. Notorious rapids are Rock Garden, Nemesis and Rams Head, followed by the biggest whitewater in the canyon, Clavey Falls. The ultimate thrill, Clavey is actually a series of three staircase drops that are sure to deliver heart-pounding and unabashed excitement.
This three-day option offers time to explore the hidden wonders of this canyon. Great hikes along the Tuolumne’s side streams reveal waterfalls, swimming holes, natural waterslides and clear creeks that offer excellent trout fishing. There’s also time for relaxing on the beach or joining a game of Frisbee, volleyball or horseshoes.
The per person rate for the July 4th – 6th Tuolumne Craft Beer & Cheese Adventure is $899 inclusive of two nights of comfortable catered camping, all river equipment, dry bags for gear, meals from lunch on day one through lunch on day three, craft beer and cheese tasting and gourmet dinners.
O.A.R.S. is offering a series of 6 craft beer tasting trips in 2013 on Idaho’s Lower Salmon River, the Rogue River in Oregon and on the Tuolumne. Trips range from 2 to 5 days in length and are offered May – August.
For more information, availability, reservations and a copy of the 2013 O.A.R.S. Adventures catalog call 209-736-4677 or 800-346-6277, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit: http://www.oars.com/.