O.A.R.S. Press Release
- O.A.R.S. Releases 2014 Family Adventures Catalog Featuring 21 Easy to Epic Vacation Ideas
- The Year of the Dory: O.A.R.S. Pays Tribute to Legendary Grand Canyon Boatman/Environmental Crusader Martin Litton for its 45th Anniversary
- O.A.R.S. Introduces New-for-2014 Lodge-Based Grand Canyon Hiking Adventure
- O.A.R.S., Worldwide Leader in Whitewater Rafting, Announces New Departures Exploring the Sacred Rivers of Bhutan
- O.A.R.S., Worldwide Leader in Whitewater Rafting, Launches World Rivers Series of New Trips Marrying Iconic Rivers with Cultural Destinations
- U.S. Marine Captain with Four Deployments to Afghanistan under His Belt Chosen as Winner of O.A.R.S. “Livin’ the Dream” Contest
- O.A.R.S. Announces Enhanced Commission Structure Including Travel Agent Commissions on Coveted Grand Canyon Rafting Adventures
- Condé Nast Traveler Selects O.A.R.S.’ Mindy Gleason Among its Top Travel Specialists for 7th Consecutive Year
- O.A.R.S. Launches “Livin’ the Dream” Contest To Become Honorary River Guide On No-Cost Grand Canyon Rafting Trip
- O.A.R.S. Family Rafting Adventures Give Kids a Break from Devices
- O.A.R.S. Experiencing Increased Demand For Rafting Adventures in Northern California This Summer On Reservoir-Controlled Rivers
- Two Oregon Purveyors of Fine Living, A Chocolatier and a Brew Master, Spice Up Father’s Day on the Rogue River with O.A.R.S.
- Veteran Outfitter O.A.R.S. by Longstanding Agreements With Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks Offers Guests Unique Access and Experiences
- A Strong Constitution for Fun Recommended for O.A.R.S.’ July 4th – 6th Tuolumne River Trip with 21st Amendment Brewery
- O.A.R.S. Releases 2013 Family Adventure Catalog With Vacations From Peru to Alaska
- O.A.R.S. Selected by Outside Magazine As Runner Up for “Best Outfitter of the Year”
- O.A.R.S. Outlines 2013 Menu of Whitewater Vacations On Idaho’s Iconic Salmon and Snake Rivers
- O.A.R.S. Offers 11 Unique Gourmet Whitewater Rafting Adventures in 2013
- O.A.R.S. Rafts Second-Ever Descent of Drangme Chhu in Bhutan
- O.A.R.S. Hosts Series of Epicurean Adventures on Idaho’s Salmon River with Whole Journeys
- O.A.R.S.’ Adventure Consultant Recognized as Top Travel Specialist for River Rafting by Condé Nast Traveler for the 6th Consecutive Year
- O.A.R.S. Founder, George Wendt, Honored at 2012 California River Awards
- O.A.R.S. Partners With Leading Social Media Agency To Launch Web Magazine
- Dinosaur National Monument, an Undiscovered Gem, Shines this Summer
- O.A.R.S. and American Rivers Shine the Light on the Endangered Green River
- O.A.R.S. Releases Industry-leading Whitewater Orientation Video
- O.A.R.S.’ Bosnia Three Rivers Tour Recognized as One of “50 Tours of a Lifetime” for 2012
- The Grand Canyon by Dory Named to Hall of Fame in Outside's Inaugural Travel Awards
- O.A.R.S. Seeks to Inspire the Next Generation of Adventurers with New Family Catalog
- O.A.R.S. Launches Three New Adventures for 2012
- O.A.R.S.’ Adventure Consultant Recognized as Top River Rafting Expert by Condé Nast Traveler for the 5th Consecutive Year
- O.A.R.S. Reinvents the Travel Catalog for 2012
- Record Water Levels on Tap for 2011 Cataract Canyon Rafting Season
- O.A.R.S.’ Grand Canyon River Trip Recognized as One of “50 Tours of a Lifetime” for 2011
- California Snowpack Has River Outfitters Looking Forward to 2011 Rafting Season
- Prime Minister of Fiji Recognizes Rivers Fiji with “Exporter of the Year” Award for Tourism Services
- Award-winning Outfitter Unveils 2011 Bucket List of Adventures
- O.A.R.S. Announces New Wilderness Gourmet Culinary Adventure Featuring Acclaimed Ashland Chef, Damon Jones on the Rogue River
- Adventures in Wine and Whitewater
- Above Average Sierra Snowpack Translates to Exciting, Extended California Whitewater Rafting Season
- Grand Teton National Park selects O.A.R.S. as long-term concessionaire & the only rafting & sea kayaking outfitter to operate overnight trips in the park
- Rivers Fiji recognized with Responsible Tourism Award by Virgin Holidays
- Fifty “Eco-Friendly” Ways to Experience the Unforgettable Nature of an O.A.R.S. Adventure
- Adventure Travelers in Pursuit of the Seven Whitewater Wonders of the World
- Raft More, Spend Less: All-Inclusive Adventures Make Good Financial Sense in Today's Economy
- Unique Vacation Options, On and Off the Beaten Path, In America’s Most Iconic National Parks
- O.A.R.S. Receives Top Honors from Distinguished Media Outlets
- O.A.R.S. To Begin Accepting Reservations for 2010 Grand Canyon Rafting Trips
- O.A.R.S. Offers Seven New Trips in 2009 Adding to an Extensive Collection of Adventurous Itineraries throughout the U.S. West, Canada, Latin America and Fiji
- O.A.R.S.’ Gourmet Whitewater Rafting Trips Offer Elegant Adventure Vacation Alternatives
- O.A.R.S. Commemorates 40th Anniversary of the Wild and Scenic Rivers Act by Partnering with American Rivers and by Offering a Benefit Whitewater Rafting Trip in Idaho
- O.A.R.S. - Mother Nature Cooperates with Whitewater Rafting Company: Snow Levels Make for an Outstanding 2008 Whitewater Rafting Season
- O.A.R.S. – the eco-savvy adventure travel outfitter further reduces carbon footprint with a new commitment to solar power
- O.A.R.S. announces a one-of-a kind series of rafting and product-testing expeditions with performance footwear innovator Teva
- Seven New Hiking-Specific Itineraries Added to O.A.R.S. Diverse Trip Options
- O.A.R.S. and Teva Team Up to Support a 3D Experience for IMAX Theaters – Grand Canyon Adventure: River at Risk
- O.A.R.S. Receives Top Honors from Distinguished Media Outlets
- O.A.R.S. Adventure Vacations - Something for everyone: the thrill-seeker, the naturalist, the not-exactly-athletic, the first-time camper and the seasoned boater
Veteran Outfitter O.A.R.S. by Longstanding Agreements With Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks Offers Guests Unique Access and Experiences
ANGELS CAMP, CA, May 16, 2013 – Guests of veteran river outfitter and nature-based adventure travel company O.A.R.S. are members of a very special group. They are the only outfitted paddlers who are permitted to overnight on an island camp on Jackson Lake lying at the base of Mount Moran in Wyoming's Grand Teton National Park.
"This unique indulgence in privacy is possible because O.A.R.S. is the only National Park concessioner authorized to operate overnight trips on Jackson Lake," said Steve Markle, spokesperson. "We were one of the first outfitters authorized to operate commercial trips here in the heart of Grand Teton National Park and the camp that we are permitted to use on Grassy Island is exceptionally unique."
O.A.R.S. (http://www.oars.com/) has fashioned programs from a half-day of sea kayaking on Yellowstone Lake in Yellowstone National Park to week-long multi-sport programs exploring two of the most iconic regions of the United States—Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks. And, according to Markle, this company’s style of travel—comfortable, catered camping with gourmet dining and panoramic views of the Tetons—saves money when compared to the alternative of a lodge or hotel stay in these popular resort areas.
“But most important,” notes Markle, “our guests are getting off the beaten track and into the backcountry where sightings of wildlife are common and active exploration is far from the ever-present tourists that crowd the parks.” Frequently seen are Bald eagles, elk, moose, beaver, otters and even bear foraging along the banks.
A two-day guided Jackson Lake Kayaking Trip in Grand Teton National Park offers one or two nights with island camping. Jackson Lake’s calm, clear waters are ideal for paddlers learning their first kayaking strokes. There’s ample time built-in for hikes, fishing and honing one’s photographic skills on the landscapes that surround. Departures are weekends, mid-June through mid-September. Rates are from $329 adult and $279 youth (ages 4 years and up). See: http://www.oars.com/wyoming/jacksonholeguide.html.
Guests can add a day of tranquil rafting on the Snake River beneath the Tetons on a three-day / two night Jackson Lake Kayaking | Snake River Rafting Combo Trip. Rates are $659 adult and $554 youth ages 4 and up. See: http://www.oars.com/wyoming/jacksonlake.html.
The five or six-day Yellowstone and Grand Teton Explorer is the company’s flagship program in the region taking active travelers off the beaten path and beyond the boardwalks of Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks. Included are kayaking, rafting, hiking and sightseeing from the geothermal wonders of Old Faithful and Yellowstone Lake’s West Thumb Geyser Basin to the cool, reflective waters and pristine wilderness of Jackson Lake and the Snake River beneath the Tetons. Trips run June into September. Rates are from $1,389 adult and $1,261 youth (ages 7 and up). In addition to their regular departures, O.A.R.S. offers trips for solo travelers (June 11 & August 27) and a special photography trip on June 16. See: http://www.oars.com/wyoming/yellowstonemultisport.html.
For time-stressed travelers, O.A.R.S offers morning and afternoon Half-Day Yellowstone Lake Kayaking trips on the continent’s largest alpine lake. Steamy geysers gush at water’s edge, mud pots bubble and hot springs sear, and all are easy to spot from the unique perspective of a sturdy, stable sea kayak. For the best shot at spotting wildlife, consider a sunrise paddle, launching at 6:30 AM July through early August. Rates are $99 adult and $76 youth (ages 7 and up). http://www.oars.com/wyoming/yellowstoneparktours.html.