O.A.R.S. Press Release
- O.A.R.S., Worldwide Leader in Whitewater Rafting, Launches World Rivers Series of New Trips Marrying Iconic Rivers with Cultural Destinations
- U.S. Marine Captain with Four Deployments to Afghanistan under His Belt Chosen as Winner of O.A.R.S. “Livin’ the Dream” Contest
- O.A.R.S. Announces Enhanced Commission Structure Including Travel Agent Commissions on Coveted Grand Canyon Rafting Adventures
- Condé Nast Traveler Selects O.A.R.S.’ Mindy Gleason Among its Top Travel Specialists for 7th Consecutive Year
- O.A.R.S. Launches “Livin’ the Dream” Contest To Become Honorary River Guide On No-Cost Grand Canyon Rafting Trip
- O.A.R.S. Family Rafting Adventures Give Kids a Break from Devices
- O.A.R.S. Experiencing Increased Demand For Rafting Adventures in Northern California This Summer On Reservoir-Controlled Rivers
- Two Oregon Purveyors of Fine Living, A Chocolatier and a Brew Master, Spice Up Father’s Day on the Rogue River with O.A.R.S.
- Veteran Outfitter O.A.R.S. by Longstanding Agreements With Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks Offers Guests Unique Access and Experiences
- A Strong Constitution for Fun Recommended for O.A.R.S.’ July 4th – 6th Tuolumne River Trip with 21st Amendment Brewery
- O.A.R.S. Releases 2013 Family Adventure Catalog With Vacations From Peru to Alaska
- O.A.R.S. Selected by Outside Magazine As Runner Up for “Best Outfitter of the Year”
- O.A.R.S. Outlines 2013 Menu of Whitewater Vacations On Idaho’s Iconic Salmon and Snake Rivers
- O.A.R.S. Offers 11 Unique Gourmet Whitewater Rafting Adventures in 2013
- O.A.R.S. Rafts Second-Ever Descent of Drangme Chhu in Bhutan
- O.A.R.S. Hosts Series of Epicurean Adventures on Idaho’s Salmon River with Whole Journeys
- O.A.R.S.’ Adventure Consultant Recognized as Top Travel Specialist for River Rafting by Condé Nast Traveler for the 6th Consecutive Year
- O.A.R.S. Founder, George Wendt, Honored at 2012 California River Awards
- O.A.R.S. Partners With Leading Social Media Agency To Launch Web Magazine
- Dinosaur National Monument, an Undiscovered Gem, Shines this Summer
- O.A.R.S. and American Rivers Shine the Light on the Endangered Green River
- O.A.R.S. Releases Industry-leading Whitewater Orientation Video
- O.A.R.S.’ Bosnia Three Rivers Tour Recognized as One of “50 Tours of a Lifetime” for 2012
- The Grand Canyon by Dory Named to Hall of Fame in Outside's Inaugural Travel Awards
- O.A.R.S. Seeks to Inspire the Next Generation of Adventurers with New Family Catalog
- O.A.R.S. Launches Three New Adventures for 2012
- O.A.R.S.’ Adventure Consultant Recognized as Top River Rafting Expert by Condé Nast Traveler for the 5th Consecutive Year
- O.A.R.S. Reinvents the Travel Catalog for 2012
- Record Water Levels on Tap for 2011 Cataract Canyon Rafting Season
- O.A.R.S.’ Grand Canyon River Trip Recognized as One of “50 Tours of a Lifetime” for 2011
- California Snowpack Has River Outfitters Looking Forward to 2011 Rafting Season
- Prime Minister of Fiji Recognizes Rivers Fiji with “Exporter of the Year” Award for Tourism Services
- Award-winning Outfitter Unveils 2011 Bucket List of Adventures
- O.A.R.S. Announces New Wilderness Gourmet Culinary Adventure Featuring Acclaimed Ashland Chef, Damon Jones on the Rogue River
- Adventures in Wine and Whitewater
- Above Average Sierra Snowpack Translates to Exciting, Extended California Whitewater Rafting Season
- Grand Teton National Park selects O.A.R.S. as long-term concessionaire & the only rafting & sea kayaking outfitter to operate overnight trips in the park
- Rivers Fiji recognized with Responsible Tourism Award by Virgin Holidays
- Fifty “Eco-Friendly” Ways to Experience the Unforgettable Nature of an O.A.R.S. Adventure
- Adventure Travelers in Pursuit of the Seven Whitewater Wonders of the World
- Raft More, Spend Less: All-Inclusive Adventures Make Good Financial Sense in Today's Economy
- Unique Vacation Options, On and Off the Beaten Path, In America’s Most Iconic National Parks
- O.A.R.S. Receives Top Honors from Distinguished Media Outlets
- O.A.R.S. To Begin Accepting Reservations for 2010 Grand Canyon Rafting Trips
- O.A.R.S. Offers Seven New Trips in 2009 Adding to an Extensive Collection of Adventurous Itineraries throughout the U.S. West, Canada, Latin America and Fiji
- O.A.R.S.’ Gourmet Whitewater Rafting Trips Offer Elegant Adventure Vacation Alternatives
- O.A.R.S. Commemorates 40th Anniversary of the Wild and Scenic Rivers Act by Partnering with American Rivers and by Offering a Benefit Whitewater Rafting Trip in Idaho
- O.A.R.S. - Mother Nature Cooperates with Whitewater Rafting Company: Snow Levels Make for an Outstanding 2008 Whitewater Rafting Season
- O.A.R.S. – the eco-savvy adventure travel outfitter further reduces carbon footprint with a new commitment to solar power
- O.A.R.S. announces a one-of-a kind series of rafting and product-testing expeditions with performance footwear innovator Teva
- Seven New Hiking-Specific Itineraries Added to O.A.R.S. Diverse Trip Options
- O.A.R.S. and Teva Team Up to Support a 3D Experience for IMAX Theaters – Grand Canyon Adventure: River at Risk
- O.A.R.S. Receives Top Honors from Distinguished Media Outlets
- O.A.R.S. Adventure Vacations - Something for everyone: the thrill-seeker, the naturalist, the not-exactly-athletic, the first-time camper and the seasoned boater
O.A.R.S. Partners With Leading Social Media Agency To Launch Web Magazine
‘River Currents’ Documents Joy And Jocularity Of Wilderness Adventures
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Steve Markle
MEDIA KIT: http://bit.ly/OARSmk
ANGELS CAMP, CA, June 19, 2012 — There are tips and truths about adventure travel you might not have known you needed to know in the first place.
Why are women better rafting paddlers than men?
What are the 5 weird tan lines you should actually be proud of?
Which beer is best served with whitewater?
These questions are borrowed from headlines of River Currents, a travel blog recently launched by veteran whitewater rafting outfitter, O.A.R.S., in partnership with social media marketing agency WELD.
In addition to depicting the delightfully odd side of outdoor adventures and stunning photography, the online magazine documents pioneers in the outdoor industry, the magic of diverse destinations such as those found in our national parks, as well as pressing environmental issues.
A recent post detailed the announcement of the addition of Utah’s Green River to the country’s Most Endangered Rivers list, for example.
“We’ve learned a lot about adventure travel in 40-plus years of taking people to wild places,” said Steve Markle, marketing director for the O.A.R.S. Family of Companies. “This is a great new platform for sharing that insight and showing a global audience why these places are worth visiting.”
Award-winning writers and photographers from news, travel and outdoor publications regularly join O.A.R.S. expeditions to tell the story of their visits to places such as the Grand Canyon, Yellowstone National Park and the Galapagos Islands. Rounding out the content, which is rich in travel advice & inspiration with a touch of humor, acclaimed travel writer Kevin Fedarko contributes a story about his infatuation with dories in the Grand Canyon while writer Cynthia Barnes recounts her experience hiking and sea kayaking in Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks. Blogger Kristin Mastre’s narrative of her first-time rafting experience on Oregon’s Rogue River offers readers a glimpse of the trepidation and transformation that many reluctant rafters must feel on their maiden voyage.
The launch of the new River Currents blog follows on the heels of the 2012 O.A.R.S. catalog, a content-rich, magazine-style publication that bucks the conventions of the traditional travel catalog and captures the culture and evocative nature of the O.A.R.S. experience. “We have a lot to share about the experiences we offer and a cast of talented storytellers working with us,” said Markle. “River Currents gives us a platform to reach far more travelers with meaningful content.”
WELD designed and developed the web application powering the new publication and also produces content for it. With offices in Utah and West Virginia, the agency is focused on helping outdoor industry brands grow, engage and monetize their social media user base. WELD’s clients currently include the Boy Scouts of America and Yakima Products, in addition to outfitters such as O.A.R.S.
“The stories O.A.R.S. guides and customers tell are inspiring, they’re about transformation and a zest for life. These fresh perspectives shared on River Currents resonate with people even if they haven’t been on an adventure like this,” said George Rogers, managing partner at WELD.
“We believe the more people have these experiences, the better off the world is,” Rogers said. “We’ve created a platform that beautifully presents the reasons someone might give it a try and make it easy for them to share the idea with their friends and family.”
River Currents publishes every Monday and Friday. The stories are accessible via mobile devices and desktop web browsers, as well as available via RSS.
Since 1969 O.A.R.S. has set the standard in first-class rafting, sea kayaking and multi-sport vacations, with destinations and unparalleled experiences on over 35 rivers and coastlines of the world. O.A.R.S. caters to active travelers of all ages and abilities with more than 75 unique itineraries worldwide, including one-day and weekend escapes.
For more information on O.A.R.S. eco-friendly adventures visit oars.com, email the company at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-346-6277.
Founded in 2008, WELD is a social media marketing agency that applies a proven framework to design and build successful social marketing programs, which drive sales, new market opportunity and brand advocacy.
WELD has become a national leader in marketing adventure travel and outdoor brands. The company's work is guided by a belief that adventure, adrenaline and wild places enrich lives and change people for the better. WELD has offices in both Oak Hill, WV, and Salt Lake City, UT.
Connect with WELD on Facebook, Twitter (@weldtheweb) and through its website (weldtheweb.com).