O.A.R.S. Press Release
- O.A.R.S. Releases 2014 Family Adventures Catalog Featuring 21 Easy to Epic Vacation Ideas
- The Year of the Dory: O.A.R.S. Pays Tribute to Legendary Grand Canyon Boatman/Environmental Crusader Martin Litton for its 45th Anniversary
- O.A.R.S. Introduces New-for-2014 Lodge-Based Grand Canyon Hiking Adventure
- O.A.R.S., Worldwide Leader in Whitewater Rafting, Announces New Departures Exploring the Sacred Rivers of Bhutan
- O.A.R.S., Worldwide Leader in Whitewater Rafting, Launches World Rivers Series of New Trips Marrying Iconic Rivers with Cultural Destinations
- U.S. Marine Captain with Four Deployments to Afghanistan under His Belt Chosen as Winner of O.A.R.S. “Livin’ the Dream” Contest
- O.A.R.S. Announces Enhanced Commission Structure Including Travel Agent Commissions on Coveted Grand Canyon Rafting Adventures
- Condé Nast Traveler Selects O.A.R.S.’ Mindy Gleason Among its Top Travel Specialists for 7th Consecutive Year
- O.A.R.S. Launches “Livin’ the Dream” Contest To Become Honorary River Guide On No-Cost Grand Canyon Rafting Trip
- O.A.R.S. Family Rafting Adventures Give Kids a Break from Devices
- O.A.R.S. Experiencing Increased Demand For Rafting Adventures in Northern California This Summer On Reservoir-Controlled Rivers
- Two Oregon Purveyors of Fine Living, A Chocolatier and a Brew Master, Spice Up Father’s Day on the Rogue River with O.A.R.S.
- Veteran Outfitter O.A.R.S. by Longstanding Agreements With Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks Offers Guests Unique Access and Experiences
- A Strong Constitution for Fun Recommended for O.A.R.S.’ July 4th – 6th Tuolumne River Trip with 21st Amendment Brewery
- O.A.R.S. Releases 2013 Family Adventure Catalog With Vacations From Peru to Alaska
- O.A.R.S. Selected by Outside Magazine As Runner Up for “Best Outfitter of the Year”
- O.A.R.S. Outlines 2013 Menu of Whitewater Vacations On Idaho’s Iconic Salmon and Snake Rivers
- O.A.R.S. Offers 11 Unique Gourmet Whitewater Rafting Adventures in 2013
- O.A.R.S. Rafts Second-Ever Descent of Drangme Chhu in Bhutan
- O.A.R.S. Hosts Series of Epicurean Adventures on Idaho’s Salmon River with Whole Journeys
- O.A.R.S.’ Adventure Consultant Recognized as Top Travel Specialist for River Rafting by Condé Nast Traveler for the 6th Consecutive Year
- O.A.R.S. Founder, George Wendt, Honored at 2012 California River Awards
- O.A.R.S. Partners With Leading Social Media Agency To Launch Web Magazine
- Dinosaur National Monument, an Undiscovered Gem, Shines this Summer
- O.A.R.S. and American Rivers Shine the Light on the Endangered Green River
- O.A.R.S. Releases Industry-leading Whitewater Orientation Video
- O.A.R.S.’ Bosnia Three Rivers Tour Recognized as One of “50 Tours of a Lifetime” for 2012
- The Grand Canyon by Dory Named to Hall of Fame in Outside's Inaugural Travel Awards
- O.A.R.S. Seeks to Inspire the Next Generation of Adventurers with New Family Catalog
- O.A.R.S. Launches Three New Adventures for 2012
- O.A.R.S.’ Adventure Consultant Recognized as Top River Rafting Expert by Condé Nast Traveler for the 5th Consecutive Year
- O.A.R.S. Reinvents the Travel Catalog for 2012
- Record Water Levels on Tap for 2011 Cataract Canyon Rafting Season
- O.A.R.S.’ Grand Canyon River Trip Recognized as One of “50 Tours of a Lifetime” for 2011
- California Snowpack Has River Outfitters Looking Forward to 2011 Rafting Season
- Prime Minister of Fiji Recognizes Rivers Fiji with “Exporter of the Year” Award for Tourism Services
- Award-winning Outfitter Unveils 2011 Bucket List of Adventures
- O.A.R.S. Announces New Wilderness Gourmet Culinary Adventure Featuring Acclaimed Ashland Chef, Damon Jones on the Rogue River
- Adventures in Wine and Whitewater
- Above Average Sierra Snowpack Translates to Exciting, Extended California Whitewater Rafting Season
- Grand Teton National Park selects O.A.R.S. as long-term concessionaire & the only rafting & sea kayaking outfitter to operate overnight trips in the park
- Rivers Fiji recognized with Responsible Tourism Award by Virgin Holidays
- Fifty “Eco-Friendly” Ways to Experience the Unforgettable Nature of an O.A.R.S. Adventure
- Adventure Travelers in Pursuit of the Seven Whitewater Wonders of the World
- Raft More, Spend Less: All-Inclusive Adventures Make Good Financial Sense in Today's Economy
- Unique Vacation Options, On and Off the Beaten Path, In America’s Most Iconic National Parks
- O.A.R.S. Receives Top Honors from Distinguished Media Outlets
- O.A.R.S. To Begin Accepting Reservations for 2010 Grand Canyon Rafting Trips
- O.A.R.S. Offers Seven New Trips in 2009 Adding to an Extensive Collection of Adventurous Itineraries throughout the U.S. West, Canada, Latin America and Fiji
- O.A.R.S.’ Gourmet Whitewater Rafting Trips Offer Elegant Adventure Vacation Alternatives
- O.A.R.S. Commemorates 40th Anniversary of the Wild and Scenic Rivers Act by Partnering with American Rivers and by Offering a Benefit Whitewater Rafting Trip in Idaho
- O.A.R.S. - Mother Nature Cooperates with Whitewater Rafting Company: Snow Levels Make for an Outstanding 2008 Whitewater Rafting Season
- O.A.R.S. – the eco-savvy adventure travel outfitter further reduces carbon footprint with a new commitment to solar power
- O.A.R.S. announces a one-of-a kind series of rafting and product-testing expeditions with performance footwear innovator Teva
- Seven New Hiking-Specific Itineraries Added to O.A.R.S. Diverse Trip Options
- O.A.R.S. and Teva Team Up to Support a 3D Experience for IMAX Theaters – Grand Canyon Adventure: River at Risk
- O.A.R.S. Receives Top Honors from Distinguished Media Outlets
- O.A.R.S. Adventure Vacations - Something for everyone: the thrill-seeker, the naturalist, the not-exactly-athletic, the first-time camper and the seasoned boater
Fifty "Eco-Friendly" Ways to Experience the Unforgettable Nature of an O.A.R.S. Adventure
Angels Camp, California - November 4, 2009 - O.A.R.S. (Outdoor Adventure River Specialists), announced today the release of their 2010 full-color catalog featuring "50 ways to experience the unforgettable nature of an O.A.R.S. adventure."
Recognized by National Geographic Adventure Magazine as "The Best River & Sea Outfitter on Earth," O.A.R.S. has been a leader in the whitewater rafting and adventure travel industry for 40 years. The California-based, eco-conscious organization provides exceptional whitewater rafting, sea kayaking, hiking and multi-sport adventures throughout the western U.S., Canada, Latin America and Fiji.
Beyond the stunning photography and the robust selection of nature-based adventures, what is most remarkable about the new O.A.R.S. catalog is the company's demonstrated commitment to reducing their impact on the environment. This year O.A.R.S. downsized their print run and reduced the number of pages in their catalog in favor of better paper rather than more paper and introduced an easy-to-navigate online version of their catalog.
Steve Markle, O.A.R.S. Marketing and Partnerships Director, stated from Angels Camp, California, recently, "Conservation is the foundation of our company and we are committed to minimizing our footprint on the planet. This year our catalog is printed in the U.S. on New Leaf Paper Company's Symphony Gloss, which contains 30% Post-Consumer Waste and is Elemental Chlorine Free. The cover stock is Primavera Gloss, which is 80% Recycled, 60% Post-Consumer Waste and Elemental Chlorine Free. Both the paper and the printer we've selected for this year's catalog are Forest Stewardship Council chain of custody certified and we printed with vegetable-based inks."
The number of pages in the company's catalog may have decreased, but O.A.R.S. did not reduce their selection of adventures. New itineraries in 2010 include hiking the Grand Canyon of the Tuolumne River in Yosemite National Park and a new lodge-based sea kayaking adventure in British Columbia. Located northeast of Vancouver Island, Johnstone Strait is internationally recognized as the best location to see orca whales in the wild. Nearly 300 orcas (a.k.a. killer whales) congregate here each summer between June and September.
Additional vacation options in 2010 include O.A.R.S.' signature rafting expeditions in the Grand Canyon and dozens of other national park adventures, Idaho whitewater rafting trips on the Wild and Scenic Salmon and Snake rivers, family-friendly vacations on Oregon's Rogue River and the Green River through the Gates of Lodore in Colorado, as well as a variety of sea kayaking, hiking and multi-sport adventures varying in length from a ½-day to more than two weeks.
O.A.R.S. was the first, and only, North American rafting outfitter to be 100% carbon neutral through the support of domestic carbon offset projects that are inspected, verified and certified by independent third parties including Green-e, the Gold Standard, CDM, and the Climate, Community and Biodiversity Alliance. Each year O.A.R.S. purchases approximately 700 tons of carbon offsets from Sustainable Travel InternationalTM which has the same global warming offset impact as keeping 128 average cars off the road for an entire year. The company's California headquarters and Grand Canyon operations are also 100% solar powered.
Since 1969 O.A.R.S. has set the standard in first-class rafting, sea kayaking, hiking and multi-sport vacations, with destinations and unparalleled experiences on over 35 rivers and coastlines of the world. O.A.R.S. caters to active travelers of all ages and abilities with more than 75 unique itineraries worldwide, including one-day and weekend escapes. For more information on O.A.R.S. eco-friendly adventures, including a free color catalog, call O.A.R.S. at 1-800-346-6277, email the company at email@example.com or visit www.oars.com.