O.A.R.S. Press Release
- O.A.R.S., Worldwide Leader in Whitewater Rafting, Launches World Rivers Series of New Trips Marrying Iconic Rivers with Cultural Destinations
- U.S. Marine Captain with Four Deployments to Afghanistan under His Belt Chosen as Winner of O.A.R.S. “Livin’ the Dream” Contest
- O.A.R.S. Announces Enhanced Commission Structure Including Travel Agent Commissions on Coveted Grand Canyon Rafting Adventures
- Condé Nast Traveler Selects O.A.R.S.’ Mindy Gleason Among its Top Travel Specialists for 7th Consecutive Year
- O.A.R.S. Launches “Livin’ the Dream” Contest To Become Honorary River Guide On No-Cost Grand Canyon Rafting Trip
- O.A.R.S. Family Rafting Adventures Give Kids a Break from Devices
- O.A.R.S. Experiencing Increased Demand For Rafting Adventures in Northern California This Summer On Reservoir-Controlled Rivers
- Two Oregon Purveyors of Fine Living, A Chocolatier and a Brew Master, Spice Up Father’s Day on the Rogue River with O.A.R.S.
- Veteran Outfitter O.A.R.S. by Longstanding Agreements With Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks Offers Guests Unique Access and Experiences
- A Strong Constitution for Fun Recommended for O.A.R.S.’ July 4th – 6th Tuolumne River Trip with 21st Amendment Brewery
- O.A.R.S. Releases 2013 Family Adventure Catalog With Vacations From Peru to Alaska
- O.A.R.S. Selected by Outside Magazine As Runner Up for “Best Outfitter of the Year”
- O.A.R.S. Outlines 2013 Menu of Whitewater Vacations On Idaho’s Iconic Salmon and Snake Rivers
- O.A.R.S. Offers 11 Unique Gourmet Whitewater Rafting Adventures in 2013
- O.A.R.S. Rafts Second-Ever Descent of Drangme Chhu in Bhutan
- O.A.R.S. Hosts Series of Epicurean Adventures on Idaho’s Salmon River with Whole Journeys
- O.A.R.S.’ Adventure Consultant Recognized as Top Travel Specialist for River Rafting by Condé Nast Traveler for the 6th Consecutive Year
- O.A.R.S. Founder, George Wendt, Honored at 2012 California River Awards
- O.A.R.S. Partners With Leading Social Media Agency To Launch Web Magazine
- Dinosaur National Monument, an Undiscovered Gem, Shines this Summer
- O.A.R.S. and American Rivers Shine the Light on the Endangered Green River
- O.A.R.S. Releases Industry-leading Whitewater Orientation Video
- O.A.R.S.’ Bosnia Three Rivers Tour Recognized as One of “50 Tours of a Lifetime” for 2012
- The Grand Canyon by Dory Named to Hall of Fame in Outside's Inaugural Travel Awards
- O.A.R.S. Seeks to Inspire the Next Generation of Adventurers with New Family Catalog
- O.A.R.S. Launches Three New Adventures for 2012
- O.A.R.S.’ Adventure Consultant Recognized as Top River Rafting Expert by Condé Nast Traveler for the 5th Consecutive Year
- O.A.R.S. Reinvents the Travel Catalog for 2012
- Record Water Levels on Tap for 2011 Cataract Canyon Rafting Season
- O.A.R.S.’ Grand Canyon River Trip Recognized as One of “50 Tours of a Lifetime” for 2011
- California Snowpack Has River Outfitters Looking Forward to 2011 Rafting Season
- Prime Minister of Fiji Recognizes Rivers Fiji with “Exporter of the Year” Award for Tourism Services
- Award-winning Outfitter Unveils 2011 Bucket List of Adventures
- O.A.R.S. Announces New Wilderness Gourmet Culinary Adventure Featuring Acclaimed Ashland Chef, Damon Jones on the Rogue River
- Adventures in Wine and Whitewater
- Above Average Sierra Snowpack Translates to Exciting, Extended California Whitewater Rafting Season
- Grand Teton National Park selects O.A.R.S. as long-term concessionaire & the only rafting & sea kayaking outfitter to operate overnight trips in the park
- Rivers Fiji recognized with Responsible Tourism Award by Virgin Holidays
- Fifty “Eco-Friendly” Ways to Experience the Unforgettable Nature of an O.A.R.S. Adventure
- Adventure Travelers in Pursuit of the Seven Whitewater Wonders of the World
- Raft More, Spend Less: All-Inclusive Adventures Make Good Financial Sense in Today's Economy
- Unique Vacation Options, On and Off the Beaten Path, In America’s Most Iconic National Parks
- O.A.R.S. Receives Top Honors from Distinguished Media Outlets
- O.A.R.S. To Begin Accepting Reservations for 2010 Grand Canyon Rafting Trips
- O.A.R.S. Offers Seven New Trips in 2009 Adding to an Extensive Collection of Adventurous Itineraries throughout the U.S. West, Canada, Latin America and Fiji
- O.A.R.S.’ Gourmet Whitewater Rafting Trips Offer Elegant Adventure Vacation Alternatives
- O.A.R.S. Commemorates 40th Anniversary of the Wild and Scenic Rivers Act by Partnering with American Rivers and by Offering a Benefit Whitewater Rafting Trip in Idaho
- O.A.R.S. - Mother Nature Cooperates with Whitewater Rafting Company: Snow Levels Make for an Outstanding 2008 Whitewater Rafting Season
- O.A.R.S. – the eco-savvy adventure travel outfitter further reduces carbon footprint with a new commitment to solar power
- O.A.R.S. announces a one-of-a kind series of rafting and product-testing expeditions with performance footwear innovator Teva
- Seven New Hiking-Specific Itineraries Added to O.A.R.S. Diverse Trip Options
- O.A.R.S. and Teva Team Up to Support a 3D Experience for IMAX Theaters – Grand Canyon Adventure: River at Risk
- O.A.R.S. Receives Top Honors from Distinguished Media Outlets
- O.A.R.S. Adventure Vacations - Something for everyone: the thrill-seeker, the naturalist, the not-exactly-athletic, the first-time camper and the seasoned boater
Two Oregon Purveyors of Fine Living, A Chocolatier and a Brew Master,Spice Up Father’s Day on the Rogue River with O.A.R.S.ANGELS CAMP, CA, May 11, 2013 – Veteran river outfitter and nature-based adventure travel company O.A.R.S. will share two Oregon purveyors of fine living with guests on a three-day, family-friendly Rogue River rafting and craft beer & chocolate tasting trip that begins on Father’s Day, which is June 16th this year.
Lillie Belle Farms’ Handmade Chocolates of Central Point, OR, and Standing Stone Brewing Company of Ashland, OR, will tickle the palates of guests who have laughed their way through Class IIl rapids on this iconic river.
This 40-mile Rogue River adventure in southern Oregon includes three days of Class III whitewater rafting through scenic forests, meadows, and narrow gorges, two nights of comfortable camping on large sandy beaches, and gourmet wilderness cuisine including hand-crafted chocolate, and artisan goat cheese paired with craft-brewed lagers and ales. The river winds through the storied Siskiyou Mountains, explored for centuries by Indians, trappers and gold prospectors. This trip encompasses one of the most beautiful pine-forested canyons in North America, and in 1968 the Rogue became one of the first rivers to earn national “Wild & Scenic” wilderness designation.
The per person rate for O.A.R.S.’ June 16-18 Rogue River Beer & Chocolate Tasting Adventure http://www.oars.com/oregon-rafting-hiking-vacations/rogueriverrafting.html is $989 inclusive of two nights of comfortable catered camping, all river equipment, dry bags for gear, meals from lunch on day one through lunch on day three, craft beer and cheese tasting, all-you-can-eat chocolates and chef-prepared gourmet dinners.
Chocolatier Jeff Shepherd
The truffle wizard is Jeff Shepherd who encases his bubbling cayenne caramel mixture into signature organic dark chocolate and rolls out his smoky blue cheese truffle in chopped toasted almonds. Spending upwards of 15 hours a day in his factory kitchen and retail store, and even more on summer weekends gathering organic fruit from his harvest, this unique chocolate artisan, who began his career selling four flavors of hand-dipped truffles out of his Jeep trunk at Oregon Farmers’ markets, now creates more than 100 exclusive flavors of chocolates and truffles, caramels and bars.
His accolades include: Winner of the 2013 and 2012 Good Food Awards in San Francisco, being declared one of America's Top 10 Chocolatiers in 2009, winning the 2008 Grand Prize Scovie Award for fiery cayenne caramels, voted “Best Caramels in the West” by Sunset Magazine, with an esteemed spot as Oprah's “Must Have Christmas Gifts.”
Craft Brew Master Larry Chase
Larry is an award-winning brew master of Standing Stone Brewing Company whose forte is discovering new flavors from local and regional ingredients for specialty and seasonal beers. Their latest is Chocolate Ale featuring Criollo variety cacao bean sourced by none other than LillieBelle Farms.
“Whether beer is served with a chocolate dessert or the chocolate is brewed right into the beer, the two play incredibly well together,” notes Steve Markle, O.A.R.S. spokesperson. He added that the truffle chef may be up for demonstrating how to make fresh chocolate from roasted cocoa beans using a metate, a traditional stone grinding slab for making fresh Mexican-style drinking chocolate.
Other craft beer adventures with O.A.R.S. this season are May 14 for two days on the Tuolumne River, CA, with Sierra Nevada Brewing Company & July 4 for three days with 21st Amendment Brewery; June 29 for four days on the Rogue River with Southern Oregon Brewing Company; July 14 for four days on Idaho’s Lower Salmon River with Big Sky Brewing Company; and August 15 for five days on the Lower Salmon with Grand Teton Brewing Company.
For more information, availability, reservations and a copy of the 2013 O.A.R.S. Adventures catalog call 209-736-4677 or 800-346-6277, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit: http://www.oars.com/.