O.A.R.S. Press Release
- Two Oregon Purveyors of Fine Living, A Chocolatier and a Brew Master, Spice Up Father’s Day on the Rogue River with O.A.R.S.
- Veteran Outfitter O.A.R.S. by Longstanding Agreements With Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks Offers Guests Unique Access and Experiences
- A Strong Constitution for Fun Recommended for O.A.R.S.’ July 4th – 6th Tuolumne River Trip with 21st Amendment Brewery
- O.A.R.S. Releases 2013 Family Adventure Catalog With Vacations From Peru to Alaska
- O.A.R.S. Selected by Outside Magazine As Runner Up for “Best Outfitter of the Year”
- O.A.R.S. Outlines 2013 Menu of Whitewater Vacations On Idaho’s Iconic Salmon and Snake Rivers
- O.A.R.S. Offers 11 Unique Gourmet Whitewater Rafting Adventures in 2013
- O.A.R.S. Rafts Second-Ever Descent of Drangme Chhu in Bhutan
- O.A.R.S. Hosts Series of Epicurean Adventures on Idaho’s Salmon River with Whole Journeys
- O.A.R.S.’ Adventure Consultant Recognized as Top Travel Specialist for River Rafting by Condé Nast Traveler for the 6th Consecutive Year
- O.A.R.S. Founder, George Wendt, Honored at 2012 California River Awards
- O.A.R.S. Partners With Leading Social Media Agency To Launch Web Magazine
- Dinosaur National Monument, an Undiscovered Gem, Shines this Summer
- O.A.R.S. and American Rivers Shine the Light on the Endangered Green River
- O.A.R.S. Releases Industry-leading Whitewater Orientation Video
- O.A.R.S.’ Bosnia Three Rivers Tour Recognized as One of “50 Tours of a Lifetime” for 2012
- The Grand Canyon by Dory Named to Hall of Fame in Outside's Inaugural Travel Awards
- O.A.R.S. Seeks to Inspire the Next Generation of Adventurers with New Family Catalog
- O.A.R.S. Launches Three New Adventures for 2012
- O.A.R.S.’ Adventure Consultant Recognized as Top River Rafting Expert by Condé Nast Traveler for the 5th Consecutive Year
- O.A.R.S. Reinvents the Travel Catalog for 2012
- Record Water Levels on Tap for 2011 Cataract Canyon Rafting Season
- O.A.R.S.’ Grand Canyon River Trip Recognized as One of “50 Tours of a Lifetime” for 2011
- California Snowpack Has River Outfitters Looking Forward to 2011 Rafting Season
- Prime Minister of Fiji Recognizes Rivers Fiji with “Exporter of the Year” Award for Tourism Services
- Award-winning Outfitter Unveils 2011 Bucket List of Adventures
- O.A.R.S. Announces New Wilderness Gourmet Culinary Adventure Featuring Acclaimed Ashland Chef, Damon Jones on the Rogue River
- Adventures in Wine and Whitewater
- Above Average Sierra Snowpack Translates to Exciting, Extended California Whitewater Rafting Season
- Grand Teton National Park selects O.A.R.S. as long-term concessionaire & the only rafting & sea kayaking outfitter to operate overnight trips in the park
- Rivers Fiji recognized with Responsible Tourism Award by Virgin Holidays
- Fifty “Eco-Friendly” Ways to Experience the Unforgettable Nature of an O.A.R.S. Adventure
- Adventure Travelers in Pursuit of the Seven Whitewater Wonders of the World
- Raft More, Spend Less: All-Inclusive Adventures Make Good Financial Sense in Today's Economy
- Unique Vacation Options, On and Off the Beaten Path, In America’s Most Iconic National Parks
- O.A.R.S. Receives Top Honors from Distinguished Media Outlets
- O.A.R.S. To Begin Accepting Reservations for 2010 Grand Canyon Rafting Trips
- O.A.R.S. Offers Seven New Trips in 2009 Adding to an Extensive Collection of Adventurous Itineraries throughout the U.S. West, Canada, Latin America and Fiji
- O.A.R.S.’ Gourmet Whitewater Rafting Trips Offer Elegant Adventure Vacation Alternatives
- O.A.R.S. Commemorates 40th Anniversary of the Wild and Scenic Rivers Act by Partnering with American Rivers and by Offering a Benefit Whitewater Rafting Trip in Idaho
- O.A.R.S. - Mother Nature Cooperates with Whitewater Rafting Company: Snow Levels Make for an Outstanding 2008 Whitewater Rafting Season
- O.A.R.S. – the eco-savvy adventure travel outfitter further reduces carbon footprint with a new commitment to solar power
- O.A.R.S. announces a one-of-a kind series of rafting and product-testing expeditions with performance footwear innovator Teva
- Seven New Hiking-Specific Itineraries Added to O.A.R.S. Diverse Trip Options
- O.A.R.S. and Teva Team Up to Support a 3D Experience for IMAX Theaters – Grand Canyon Adventure: River at Risk
- O.A.R.S. Receives Top Honors from Distinguished Media Outlets
- O.A.R.S. Adventure Vacations - Something for everyone: the thrill-seeker, the naturalist, the not-exactly-athletic, the first-time camper and the seasoned boater
O.A.R.S. OFFERS SEVEN NEW TRIPS IN 2009 ADDING TO AN EXTENSIVE COLLECTION OF ADVENTUROUS ITINERARIES THROUGHOUT THE U.S. WEST, CANADA, LATIN AMERICA AND FIJI
October 10, 2008 –To commemorate their 40th anniversary in 2009, the internationally recognized and award-winning adventure travel company, O.A.R.S. (Outdoor Adventure River Specialists), is adding seven innovative new adventures to an already extensive array of itineraries. The new and exciting itineraries include whitewater rafting, sea kayaking, hiking and wildlife viewing, bird watching and even snorkeling. Each offers competitive value and signature O.A.R.S. service, whether visiting Peru, British Columbia, the enchanted Galapagos Islands, or one of more than a half-dozen national parks of the U.S. West.
A new spin on a classic O.A.R.S. adventure, the Highlands-to-Islands: Ultimate Fiji Explorer, is an exciting getaway that takes travelers to the top of rolling rainforest highlands, down two hidden jungle rivers with narrow canyon walls and dozens of cascading waterfalls and through azure oceans and kaleidoscopic reefs. Fiji’s culture and tradition are also critical components of this one-of-a-kind adventure, all topped off with luxurious beachfront accommodations and ultra-friendly Fijian hospitality.
Following the March, 2008 release of MacGillivray Freeman’s Grand Canyon Adventure, River at Risk for both IMAX and IMAX 3D Theaters, The Grand Staircase: Wind & Water on the Colorado Plateau tour offers a comprehensive exploration of the intricate and convoluted plumbing system of the Colorado River and the national parks of the Desert Southwest. The adventure - equal parts hiking, rafting and road touring - features visits to Grand Staircase Escalante National Monument, as well as Arches, Canyonlands, Capitol Reef, Bryce, Grand Canyon and Zion national parks. In a top to bottom tour of the Colorado River system and the Colorado Plateau, the journey includes six days on various sections of the Colorado River (including four days in Cataract Canyon through Canyonlands National Park); explorations of scenic red rock mesas, spires, arches and slot canyons; interpretive hikes, as well as wildlife viewing and sightseeing.
In just five days, guests on the new Yosemite & Tuolumne Hiker: Peaks, Creeks and Waterfalls adventure, will ascend one of Yosemite National Park’s most iconic rock formations, raft down California’s renowned Tuolumne River, hike with naturalists across lush, high-country meadows and stroll amongst some of the largest living organisms on the planet. Base camp for the expedition is at an historic accommodation nestled in the towering woods just outside the gates of Yosemite.
O.A.R.S. all new Yellowstone / Grand Teton Explorer offers everything one would expect in a trip to Yellowstone and Grand Teton national parks, as well as unique access to some of the region’s more remote, less visited sites in an intimate group atmosphere. This multi-sport adventure includes rafting, lake kayaking, hiking, swimming, camping and sightseeing beneath the jagged peaks of the Tetons and among the geothermal wonders of the area while offering “one of the 10 best bargains in adventure travel” according to SmarterTravel.com.
In eight days, guests on the Bears & Whales multi-sport adventure will explore by raft, sea kayak, and on foot (with the option for horseback riding and mountain biking) British Columbia’s pristine river, ocean and mountain environments. Guests will have opportunities to witness unparalleled wildlife, including spawning salmon and the grizzly and black bears that feast on them, bald eagles soaring above, breaching orca whales just meters from our sea kayaks, playful Daal porpoises, beaver, river otter, mink and over 30 species of birds.
Peru’s Tambopata River: Andes & Amazon adventure is a one of a kind journey from the Peruvian Andes down into the Amazon cloud forest through a biodiverse world of flora and fauna. The journey combines stunning scenery with the archaeological wonders of the Inca civilization and offers an exploration of the culture, wildlife and scenic grandeur that make this South American nation undeniably unique. The journey includes an epic 6-day rafting trip on the bird- and wild-life rich Tambopata River, as well as a true insider’s view of the world’s highest navigable fresh water lake, Lake Titicaca.The 10-day Galápagos Naturalist Sailing adventure combines island hopping aboard a 12-passenger luxury catamaran with hiking, snorkeling and wildlife viewing in Ecuador’s volcanic Galápagos Archipelago. Guests will have abundant opportunities to bob with blue-footed boobies, photograph pink flamingos, giant tortoises and penguins, swim nose-to-nose with friendly and playful sea lions, snorkel with sharks and rays and simply observe breath-taking marine-, bird- and wild-life.
Since 1969 O.A.R.S. has set the standard in first-class rafting, sea kayaking and multi-sport vacations, with destinations and unparalleled experiences on over 35 rivers and coastlines of the world. O.A.R.S. caters to active travelers of all ages and abilities with more than 75 unique itineraries worldwide, including one-day and weekend escapes. For more information on O.A.R.S. eco-friendly adventures, including a free 84-page color catalog, call O.A.R.S. at 1-800-346-6277, email the company at email@example.com or visit www.oars.com