O.A.R.S. Press Release
- Yampa River News
- Rivers Fiji Recognized Among World Leaders in Responsible Tourism
- O.A.R.S. Releases River of Eden by Filmmaker Pete McBride
- O.A.R.S. Embraces Autumn On Western Waterways and National Park Trails With Multi-Day Adventure Vacations
- O.A.R.S.’ Wine on the River Series Pairs Vineyards and Gourmet Presentations With Drama of Rafting Western Rivers
- Return of High Water to Utah’s Cataract Canyon Promises Some of the Best Rafting of the Year
- O.A.R.S. California Road Trip Sweepstakes Celebrates 150th Anniversary of the Yosemite Grant
- O.A.R.S., World Leader in Whitewater Rafting, Launches Social Media Contest to Help Encourage National Park Visits this Summer
- O.A.R.S., World Leader in Whitewater Rafting, Announces New Partnership with Klean Kanteen
- 2014 Pacific Coast Rafting Outlook Remains Positive Despite Drought
- O.A.R.S. Releases 2014 Pre-Season Rafting Forecast
- O.A.R.S. Guides Lead Historic Rafting Descent on the Colorado River “Pulse Flow”
- O.A.R.S. Releases 2014 Family Adventures Catalog Featuring 21 Easy to Epic Vacation Ideas
- The Year of the Dory: O.A.R.S. Pays Tribute to Legendary Grand Canyon Boatman/Environmental Crusader Martin Litton for its 45th Anniversary
- O.A.R.S. Introduces New-for-2014 Lodge-Based Grand Canyon Hiking Adventure
- O.A.R.S., Worldwide Leader in Whitewater Rafting, Announces New Departures Exploring the Sacred Rivers of Bhutan
- O.A.R.S., Worldwide Leader in Whitewater Rafting, Launches World Rivers Series of New Trips Marrying Iconic Rivers with Cultural Destinations
- U.S. Marine Captain with Four Deployments to Afghanistan under His Belt Chosen as Winner of O.A.R.S. “Livin’ the Dream” Contest
- O.A.R.S. Announces Enhanced Commission Structure Including Travel Agent Commissions on Coveted Grand Canyon Rafting Adventures
- Condé Nast Traveler Selects O.A.R.S.’ Mindy Gleason Among its Top Travel Specialists for 7th Consecutive Year
- O.A.R.S. Launches “Livin’ the Dream” Contest To Become Honorary River Guide On No-Cost Grand Canyon Rafting Trip
- O.A.R.S. Family Rafting Adventures Give Kids a Break from Devices
- O.A.R.S. Experiencing Increased Demand For Rafting Adventures in Northern California This Summer On Reservoir-Controlled Rivers
- Two Oregon Purveyors of Fine Living, A Chocolatier and a Brew Master, Spice Up Father’s Day on the Rogue River with O.A.R.S.
- Veteran Outfitter O.A.R.S. by Longstanding Agreements With Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks Offers Guests Unique Access and Experiences
- A Strong Constitution for Fun Recommended for O.A.R.S.’ July 4th – 6th Tuolumne River Trip with 21st Amendment Brewery
- O.A.R.S. Releases 2013 Family Adventure Catalog With Vacations From Peru to Alaska
- O.A.R.S. Selected by Outside Magazine As Runner Up for “Best Outfitter of the Year”
- O.A.R.S. Outlines 2013 Menu of Whitewater Vacations On Idaho’s Iconic Salmon and Snake Rivers
- O.A.R.S. Offers 11 Unique Gourmet Whitewater Rafting Adventures in 2013
- O.A.R.S. Rafts Second-Ever Descent of Drangme Chhu in Bhutan
- O.A.R.S. Hosts Series of Epicurean Adventures on Idaho’s Salmon River with Whole Journeys
- O.A.R.S.’ Adventure Consultant Recognized as Top Travel Specialist for River Rafting by Condé Nast Traveler for the 6th Consecutive Year
- O.A.R.S. Founder, George Wendt, Honored at 2012 California River Awards
- O.A.R.S. Partners With Leading Social Media Agency To Launch Web Magazine
- Dinosaur National Monument, an Undiscovered Gem, Shines this Summer
- O.A.R.S. and American Rivers Shine the Light on the Endangered Green River
- O.A.R.S. Releases Industry-leading Whitewater Orientation Video
- O.A.R.S.’ Bosnia Three Rivers Tour Recognized as One of “50 Tours of a Lifetime” for 2012
- The Grand Canyon by Dory Named to Hall of Fame in Outside's Inaugural Travel Awards
- O.A.R.S. Seeks to Inspire the Next Generation of Adventurers with New Family Catalog
- O.A.R.S. Launches Three New Adventures for 2012
- O.A.R.S.’ Adventure Consultant Recognized as Top River Rafting Expert by Condé Nast Traveler for the 5th Consecutive Year
- O.A.R.S. Reinvents the Travel Catalog for 2012
- Record Water Levels on Tap for 2011 Cataract Canyon Rafting Season
- O.A.R.S.’ Grand Canyon River Trip Recognized as One of “50 Tours of a Lifetime” for 2011
- California Snowpack Has River Outfitters Looking Forward to 2011 Rafting Season
- Prime Minister of Fiji Recognizes Rivers Fiji with “Exporter of the Year” Award for Tourism Services
- Award-winning Outfitter Unveils 2011 Bucket List of Adventures
- O.A.R.S. Announces New Wilderness Gourmet Culinary Adventure Featuring Acclaimed Ashland Chef, Damon Jones on the Rogue River
- Adventures in Wine and Whitewater
- Above Average Sierra Snowpack Translates to Exciting, Extended California Whitewater Rafting Season
- Grand Teton National Park selects O.A.R.S. as long-term concessionaire & the only rafting & sea kayaking outfitter to operate overnight trips in the park
- Rivers Fiji recognized with Responsible Tourism Award by Virgin Holidays
- Fifty “Eco-Friendly” Ways to Experience the Unforgettable Nature of an O.A.R.S. Adventure
- Adventure Travelers in Pursuit of the Seven Whitewater Wonders of the World
- Raft More, Spend Less: All-Inclusive Adventures Make Good Financial Sense in Today's Economy
- Unique Vacation Options, On and Off the Beaten Path, In America’s Most Iconic National Parks
- O.A.R.S. Receives Top Honors from Distinguished Media Outlets
- O.A.R.S. To Begin Accepting Reservations for 2010 Grand Canyon Rafting Trips
- O.A.R.S. Offers Seven New Trips in 2009 Adding to an Extensive Collection of Adventurous Itineraries throughout the U.S. West, Canada, Latin America and Fiji
- O.A.R.S.’ Gourmet Whitewater Rafting Trips Offer Elegant Adventure Vacation Alternatives
- O.A.R.S. Commemorates 40th Anniversary of the Wild and Scenic Rivers Act by Partnering with American Rivers and by Offering a Benefit Whitewater Rafting Trip in Idaho
- O.A.R.S. - Mother Nature Cooperates with Whitewater Rafting Company: Snow Levels Make for an Outstanding 2008 Whitewater Rafting Season
- O.A.R.S. – the eco-savvy adventure travel outfitter further reduces carbon footprint with a new commitment to solar power
- O.A.R.S. announces a one-of-a kind series of rafting and product-testing expeditions with performance footwear innovator Teva
- Seven New Hiking-Specific Itineraries Added to O.A.R.S. Diverse Trip Options
- O.A.R.S. and Teva Team Up to Support a 3D Experience for IMAX Theaters – Grand Canyon Adventure: River at Risk
- O.A.R.S. Receives Top Honors from Distinguished Media Outlets
- O.A.R.S. Adventure Vacations - Something for everyone: the thrill-seeker, the naturalist, the not-exactly-athletic, the first-time camper and the seasoned boater
O.A.R.S. (OUTDOOR ADVENTURE RIVER SPECIALISTS) COMMEMORATES 40TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE WILD AND SCENIC RIVERS ACT BY PARTNERING WITH AMERICAN RIVERS AND BY OFFERING A BENEFIT WHITEWATER RAFTING TRIP IN IDAHO
Angels Camp, California –May 15 , 2008 – O.A.R.S. (Outdoor Adventure River Specialists), the trend-setting rafting and adventure travel company, is commemorating the 40th anniversary of the Wild and Scenic Rivers Act by hosting a benefit whitewater rafting trip on Idaho's world-class Main Salmon River in August. O.A.R.S. will donate 50% of the proceeds of their August 24-29 trip to the American Rivers non-profit organization.
Championed by Idaho Senator (D) Frank Church, the Wild and Scenic Rivers Act was signed into law by President Lyndon Johnson on October 2, 1968. U.S. Congress or the Secretary of the Interior may designate a river, or a section of a river, as Wild and Scenic.
The National Wild and Scenic Rivers System now protects more than 11,000 miles of 165 rivers in 38 states. (This is a little more than one quarter of one percent of the nation's rivers.) Legislation strives to balance river development with permanent protection for the country's most outstanding free-flowing rivers.
Southern Oregon's Rogue River was among the first to receive Wild and Scenic status. To honor the river's historic importance and to kick off the 40th anniversary year, O.A.R.S. recently launched a special dory expedition, including David Moryc, Director, American Rivers' Go Wild! Initiative, Steve Markle, O.A.R.S. Marketing and Partnerships Director, Tyler Wendt, O.A.R.S. Operations Manager, as well as a team of guides, guests and international members of the press.
O.A.R.S. has a long history of river conservation and sound ecological practices. The California-based outfitter offers trips on numerous Wild and Scenic rivers throughout the West, including the Middle Fork of the Salmon River, the Main Salmon River and the Snake River through Hells Canyon in Idaho, the Tuolumne, American, Merced River near Yosemite National Park and the Upper and Lower Klamath rivers in Northern California, as well as the Rogue River and Owyhee River in Oregon.
O.A.R.S. has been collaborating with American Rivers for more than a year to promote the 40th anniversary of the Wild and Scenic Rivers Act. American Rivers, founded in 1973, is the leading national organization standing up for healthy rivers so communities can thrive. They currently claim more than 65,000 members and supporters nationwide.
Said Rebecca Wodder, American Rivers President, "Protecting our last, best rivers is more important than ever. Healthy, free-flowing rivers give us clean water. They are lifelines for fish and wildlife. They provide priceless recreation opportunities. It’s our responsibility to leave a legacy of healthy rivers for the next generation, and a Wild and Scenic designation is a great way to do that."
Markle stated recently, "The Wild and Scenic Rivers Act paved the way for recreational access and river conservation on so many of our storied waterways: we hope to reinforce its significance by reaching out to our staff and our travelers with a meaningful educational message. We are proud to support American Rivers as the steward of these treasured American waterways."
O.A.R.S.' goal isn’t simply to be one of the most environmentally responsible tour operators in the world, but to continually raise the bar and challenge other companies to raise their standards as well. O.A.R.S. was the first river rafting company in the U.S. to offset all of their carbon emissions, and they recently converted to 100% solar for their warehouse and main office operations in Angels Camp, California, and for their warehouse and office in Flagstaff, Arizona, for their Colorado River operations in the Grand Canyon. They are staunch supporters of organizations who advocate for rivers and the environment, including Idaho Rivers United, Grand Canyon Trust, Friends of the River, American Whitewater, Hells Canyon Preservation Council and Leave No Trace.In partnership with their guests, O.A.R.S. has contributed over $2,600,000 in donations and fees toward the preservation of the environment and to various conservation initiatives since the company was established in 1969.
Since 1969 O.A.R.S. has set the standard in first-class rafting, sea kayaking and multi-sport vacations, with destinations and unparalleled experiences on over 35 rivers and coastlines of the world. O.A.R.S. caters to active travelers of all ages and abilities with more than 75 unique itineraries worldwide, including one-day and weekend escapes. For more information on O.A.R.S. eco-friendly adventures, including a free 84-page color catalog, call O.A.R.S. at 1-800-346-6277, email the company at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.oars.com.