O.A.R.S. Press Release
- O.A.R.S., Worldwide Leader in Whitewater Rafting, Launches World Rivers Series of New Trips Marrying Iconic Rivers with Cultural Destinations
- U.S. Marine Captain with Four Deployments to Afghanistan under His Belt Chosen as Winner of O.A.R.S. “Livin’ the Dream” Contest
- O.A.R.S. Announces Enhanced Commission Structure Including Travel Agent Commissions on Coveted Grand Canyon Rafting Adventures
- Condé Nast Traveler Selects O.A.R.S.’ Mindy Gleason Among its Top Travel Specialists for 7th Consecutive Year
- O.A.R.S. Launches “Livin’ the Dream” Contest To Become Honorary River Guide On No-Cost Grand Canyon Rafting Trip
- O.A.R.S. Family Rafting Adventures Give Kids a Break from Devices
- O.A.R.S. Experiencing Increased Demand For Rafting Adventures in Northern California This Summer On Reservoir-Controlled Rivers
- Two Oregon Purveyors of Fine Living, A Chocolatier and a Brew Master, Spice Up Father’s Day on the Rogue River with O.A.R.S.
- Veteran Outfitter O.A.R.S. by Longstanding Agreements With Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks Offers Guests Unique Access and Experiences
- A Strong Constitution for Fun Recommended for O.A.R.S.’ July 4th – 6th Tuolumne River Trip with 21st Amendment Brewery
- O.A.R.S. Releases 2013 Family Adventure Catalog With Vacations From Peru to Alaska
- O.A.R.S. Selected by Outside Magazine As Runner Up for “Best Outfitter of the Year”
- O.A.R.S. Outlines 2013 Menu of Whitewater Vacations On Idaho’s Iconic Salmon and Snake Rivers
- O.A.R.S. Offers 11 Unique Gourmet Whitewater Rafting Adventures in 2013
- O.A.R.S. Rafts Second-Ever Descent of Drangme Chhu in Bhutan
- O.A.R.S. Hosts Series of Epicurean Adventures on Idaho’s Salmon River with Whole Journeys
- O.A.R.S.’ Adventure Consultant Recognized as Top Travel Specialist for River Rafting by Condé Nast Traveler for the 6th Consecutive Year
- O.A.R.S. Founder, George Wendt, Honored at 2012 California River Awards
- O.A.R.S. Partners With Leading Social Media Agency To Launch Web Magazine
- Dinosaur National Monument, an Undiscovered Gem, Shines this Summer
- O.A.R.S. and American Rivers Shine the Light on the Endangered Green River
- O.A.R.S. Releases Industry-leading Whitewater Orientation Video
- O.A.R.S.’ Bosnia Three Rivers Tour Recognized as One of “50 Tours of a Lifetime” for 2012
- The Grand Canyon by Dory Named to Hall of Fame in Outside's Inaugural Travel Awards
- O.A.R.S. Seeks to Inspire the Next Generation of Adventurers with New Family Catalog
- O.A.R.S. Launches Three New Adventures for 2012
- O.A.R.S.’ Adventure Consultant Recognized as Top River Rafting Expert by Condé Nast Traveler for the 5th Consecutive Year
- O.A.R.S. Reinvents the Travel Catalog for 2012
- Record Water Levels on Tap for 2011 Cataract Canyon Rafting Season
- O.A.R.S.’ Grand Canyon River Trip Recognized as One of “50 Tours of a Lifetime” for 2011
- California Snowpack Has River Outfitters Looking Forward to 2011 Rafting Season
- Prime Minister of Fiji Recognizes Rivers Fiji with “Exporter of the Year” Award for Tourism Services
- Award-winning Outfitter Unveils 2011 Bucket List of Adventures
- O.A.R.S. Announces New Wilderness Gourmet Culinary Adventure Featuring Acclaimed Ashland Chef, Damon Jones on the Rogue River
- Adventures in Wine and Whitewater
- Above Average Sierra Snowpack Translates to Exciting, Extended California Whitewater Rafting Season
- Grand Teton National Park selects O.A.R.S. as long-term concessionaire & the only rafting & sea kayaking outfitter to operate overnight trips in the park
- Rivers Fiji recognized with Responsible Tourism Award by Virgin Holidays
- Fifty “Eco-Friendly” Ways to Experience the Unforgettable Nature of an O.A.R.S. Adventure
- Adventure Travelers in Pursuit of the Seven Whitewater Wonders of the World
- Raft More, Spend Less: All-Inclusive Adventures Make Good Financial Sense in Today's Economy
- Unique Vacation Options, On and Off the Beaten Path, In America’s Most Iconic National Parks
- O.A.R.S. Receives Top Honors from Distinguished Media Outlets
- O.A.R.S. To Begin Accepting Reservations for 2010 Grand Canyon Rafting Trips
- O.A.R.S. Offers Seven New Trips in 2009 Adding to an Extensive Collection of Adventurous Itineraries throughout the U.S. West, Canada, Latin America and Fiji
- O.A.R.S.’ Gourmet Whitewater Rafting Trips Offer Elegant Adventure Vacation Alternatives
- O.A.R.S. Commemorates 40th Anniversary of the Wild and Scenic Rivers Act by Partnering with American Rivers and by Offering a Benefit Whitewater Rafting Trip in Idaho
- O.A.R.S. - Mother Nature Cooperates with Whitewater Rafting Company: Snow Levels Make for an Outstanding 2008 Whitewater Rafting Season
- O.A.R.S. – the eco-savvy adventure travel outfitter further reduces carbon footprint with a new commitment to solar power
- O.A.R.S. announces a one-of-a kind series of rafting and product-testing expeditions with performance footwear innovator Teva
- Seven New Hiking-Specific Itineraries Added to O.A.R.S. Diverse Trip Options
- O.A.R.S. and Teva Team Up to Support a 3D Experience for IMAX Theaters – Grand Canyon Adventure: River at Risk
- O.A.R.S. Receives Top Honors from Distinguished Media Outlets
- O.A.R.S. Adventure Vacations - Something for everyone: the thrill-seeker, the naturalist, the not-exactly-athletic, the first-time camper and the seasoned boater
O.A.R.S. ANNOUNCES A ONE-OF-A KIND SERIES OF RAFTING
AND PRODUCT-TESTING EXPEDITIONS WITH PERFORMANCE FOOTWEAR INNOVATOR TEVA
January 31, 2008 – O.A.R.S. (Outdoor Adventure River Specialists) and Teva teamed up for two wildly successful product-testing trips on the Main Salmon River in 2007, prompting additional such itineraries in 2008. The premier whitewater rafting outfitter in the country announced today a one-of-a kind series featuring three Teva product-testing and rafting expeditions in California, Colorado and Utah.
Trips lead by O.A.R.S.’ professional guides feature a pristine wilderness experience, fun Class III or IV whitewater, the unique opportunity to meet the Teva Product Team and test footwear designed for comfort and function in, on, and around rivers – and free shoes.
Each of the three trips, the California Guide School, held April 20-26, the Colorado River through Cataract Canyon, May 18-23, and the Green River through the Gates of Lodore, August 1-4, offer reduced prices for students 18-23 years with a valid college ID.
Product representatives from Teva will be on the trips to actively solicit feedback from participants, and each passenger will be asked to participate in two surveys (one during and one after the trip) and in two on-river focus groups. Teva Marketing Director, Jill Ireland, says, “We’re excited to have the opportunity to reach out to our core customers and offer them the chance to tell us what they’re looking for in a sport sandal and at the same time provide them with an opportunity to experience how a world-class outdoor brand briefs, designs and develops its products.” According to Teva, additional 2009 prototype footwear will be provided to participants who have women’s size 7 or men’s size 9 feet.
In 1984 Teva's Founder, Mark Thatcher, invented the first sport sandal while working as a Grand Canyon river guide. Since their inception over 20 years ago, Teva remains committed to both innovation in footwear and the protection of waterways around the world.
O.A.R.S. and Teva previously collaborated on the MacGillivray Freeman Films 3D IMAX film 'Grand Canyon Adventure: River at Risk'. Confident in O.A.R.S.’ abilities to manage monumental logistics, Teva and MacGillivray Freeman Films approached the California-based adventure travel company in early 2005. O.A.R.S. agreed to provide production support as well as promotional support in the form of a national sweepstakes with a chance to win a 15-day Grand Canyon rafting trip for two. Teva is actively promoting the sweepstakes on their website and throughout U.S. retail outlets where their products are sold.
CALIFORNIA / Guide School / April 20-26
$900 / $795 for students 18-23 years with a valid college ID
Train with the O.A.R.S. guide crew in California on multiple rivers in the Sierra Nevada, including the South Fork of the American River, Merced River and depending on the water levels and the group, the Class IV Tuolumne River and/or the North Fork of the Stanislaus River. Course content includes swift water rescue and navigation, boat rigging, care for gear, the art of camping – O.A.R.S. style - and, in this case, some sweet footwear from Teva.
COLORADO / Green River through the Gates of Lodore / August 1-4
$675 / $595 for students 18-23 years with a valid college ID
Surging through the Gates of Lodore, the Green River is an open-air archive of far-out fossils and some of the most amazing river scenery in the country. Moderate Class III whitewater, dozens of side hikes and relaxing nights on the beach make this trip the perfect Teva testing ground for four days of pure fun in some fancy new footwear.
UTAH / Colorado River through Cataract Canyon / May 18-23
$1506 / $995 for students 18-23 years with a valid college ID
This trip is timed to virtually guarantee an adventure of epic proportions on the Colorado River. The group will hike and raft through Utah’s dramatic canyon country in the wake of John Wesley Powell and discover multi-million-year-old rock formations in the heart of Canyonlands National Park.
- Four to seven days of rafting and camping
- All meals from lunch on Day One through lunch on the last day
- Top-quality rafting and expedition equipment, personal flotation device, wetsuit (when required) and waterproof bags to hold your gear. (Tents are included in Cataract Canyon, and are available to rent on the Green River and for California Guide School. Sleep kits are also available to rent for an additional charge).
- Skilled professional guide services
- A once in a lifetime opportunity to experience the evolution of how a world-class outdoor brand briefs, designs and develops its products
- Two complimentary pair of Tevas
Other Important Details:
- Trip price does not include pre- or post-trip travel or accommodations
- Product representatives from Teva will be on the trip to actively solicit feedback from participants
- Each participant will be asked to participate in two surveys (one during and one after the trip) and two on-river focus groups
- Additional 2008 prototype footwear will be provided to participants who have women’s size 7 or men’s size 9 feet
Since 1969 O.A.R.S. has set the standard in first-class rafting, sea kayaking and multi-sport vacations, with destinations and unparalleled experiences on over 35 rivers and coastlines of the world. O.A.R.S. caters to active travelers of all ages and abilities with more than 75 unique itineraries worldwide, including one-day and weekend escapes. For more information on O.A.R.S. eco-friendly adventures, including a free 84-page color catalog, call O.A.R.S. at 1-800-346-6277, email the company at email@example.com or visit www.oars.com