O.A.R.S. Press Release
- O.A.R.S. Releases 2014 Family Adventures Catalog Featuring 21 Easy to Epic Vacation Ideas
- The Year of the Dory: O.A.R.S. Pays Tribute to Legendary Grand Canyon Boatman/Environmental Crusader Martin Litton for its 45th Anniversary
- O.A.R.S. Introduces New-for-2014 Lodge-Based Grand Canyon Hiking Adventure
- O.A.R.S., Worldwide Leader in Whitewater Rafting, Announces New Departures Exploring the Sacred Rivers of Bhutan
- O.A.R.S., Worldwide Leader in Whitewater Rafting, Launches World Rivers Series of New Trips Marrying Iconic Rivers with Cultural Destinations
- U.S. Marine Captain with Four Deployments to Afghanistan under His Belt Chosen as Winner of O.A.R.S. “Livin’ the Dream” Contest
- O.A.R.S. Announces Enhanced Commission Structure Including Travel Agent Commissions on Coveted Grand Canyon Rafting Adventures
- Condé Nast Traveler Selects O.A.R.S.’ Mindy Gleason Among its Top Travel Specialists for 7th Consecutive Year
- O.A.R.S. Launches “Livin’ the Dream” Contest To Become Honorary River Guide On No-Cost Grand Canyon Rafting Trip
- O.A.R.S. Family Rafting Adventures Give Kids a Break from Devices
- O.A.R.S. Experiencing Increased Demand For Rafting Adventures in Northern California This Summer On Reservoir-Controlled Rivers
- Two Oregon Purveyors of Fine Living, A Chocolatier and a Brew Master, Spice Up Father’s Day on the Rogue River with O.A.R.S.
- Veteran Outfitter O.A.R.S. by Longstanding Agreements With Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks Offers Guests Unique Access and Experiences
- A Strong Constitution for Fun Recommended for O.A.R.S.’ July 4th – 6th Tuolumne River Trip with 21st Amendment Brewery
- O.A.R.S. Releases 2013 Family Adventure Catalog With Vacations From Peru to Alaska
- O.A.R.S. Selected by Outside Magazine As Runner Up for “Best Outfitter of the Year”
- O.A.R.S. Outlines 2013 Menu of Whitewater Vacations On Idaho’s Iconic Salmon and Snake Rivers
- O.A.R.S. Offers 11 Unique Gourmet Whitewater Rafting Adventures in 2013
- O.A.R.S. Rafts Second-Ever Descent of Drangme Chhu in Bhutan
- O.A.R.S. Hosts Series of Epicurean Adventures on Idaho’s Salmon River with Whole Journeys
- O.A.R.S.’ Adventure Consultant Recognized as Top Travel Specialist for River Rafting by Condé Nast Traveler for the 6th Consecutive Year
- O.A.R.S. Founder, George Wendt, Honored at 2012 California River Awards
- O.A.R.S. Partners With Leading Social Media Agency To Launch Web Magazine
- Dinosaur National Monument, an Undiscovered Gem, Shines this Summer
- O.A.R.S. and American Rivers Shine the Light on the Endangered Green River
- O.A.R.S. Releases Industry-leading Whitewater Orientation Video
- O.A.R.S.’ Bosnia Three Rivers Tour Recognized as One of “50 Tours of a Lifetime” for 2012
- The Grand Canyon by Dory Named to Hall of Fame in Outside's Inaugural Travel Awards
- O.A.R.S. Seeks to Inspire the Next Generation of Adventurers with New Family Catalog
- O.A.R.S. Launches Three New Adventures for 2012
- O.A.R.S.’ Adventure Consultant Recognized as Top River Rafting Expert by Condé Nast Traveler for the 5th Consecutive Year
- O.A.R.S. Reinvents the Travel Catalog for 2012
- Record Water Levels on Tap for 2011 Cataract Canyon Rafting Season
- O.A.R.S.’ Grand Canyon River Trip Recognized as One of “50 Tours of a Lifetime” for 2011
- California Snowpack Has River Outfitters Looking Forward to 2011 Rafting Season
- Prime Minister of Fiji Recognizes Rivers Fiji with “Exporter of the Year” Award for Tourism Services
- Award-winning Outfitter Unveils 2011 Bucket List of Adventures
- O.A.R.S. Announces New Wilderness Gourmet Culinary Adventure Featuring Acclaimed Ashland Chef, Damon Jones on the Rogue River
- Adventures in Wine and Whitewater
- Above Average Sierra Snowpack Translates to Exciting, Extended California Whitewater Rafting Season
- Grand Teton National Park selects O.A.R.S. as long-term concessionaire & the only rafting & sea kayaking outfitter to operate overnight trips in the park
- Rivers Fiji recognized with Responsible Tourism Award by Virgin Holidays
- Fifty “Eco-Friendly” Ways to Experience the Unforgettable Nature of an O.A.R.S. Adventure
- Adventure Travelers in Pursuit of the Seven Whitewater Wonders of the World
- Raft More, Spend Less: All-Inclusive Adventures Make Good Financial Sense in Today's Economy
- Unique Vacation Options, On and Off the Beaten Path, In America’s Most Iconic National Parks
- O.A.R.S. Receives Top Honors from Distinguished Media Outlets
- O.A.R.S. To Begin Accepting Reservations for 2010 Grand Canyon Rafting Trips
- O.A.R.S. Offers Seven New Trips in 2009 Adding to an Extensive Collection of Adventurous Itineraries throughout the U.S. West, Canada, Latin America and Fiji
- O.A.R.S.’ Gourmet Whitewater Rafting Trips Offer Elegant Adventure Vacation Alternatives
- O.A.R.S. Commemorates 40th Anniversary of the Wild and Scenic Rivers Act by Partnering with American Rivers and by Offering a Benefit Whitewater Rafting Trip in Idaho
- O.A.R.S. - Mother Nature Cooperates with Whitewater Rafting Company: Snow Levels Make for an Outstanding 2008 Whitewater Rafting Season
- O.A.R.S. – the eco-savvy adventure travel outfitter further reduces carbon footprint with a new commitment to solar power
- O.A.R.S. announces a one-of-a kind series of rafting and product-testing expeditions with performance footwear innovator Teva
- Seven New Hiking-Specific Itineraries Added to O.A.R.S. Diverse Trip Options
- O.A.R.S. and Teva Team Up to Support a 3D Experience for IMAX Theaters – Grand Canyon Adventure: River at Risk
- O.A.R.S. Receives Top Honors from Distinguished Media Outlets
- O.A.R.S. Adventure Vacations - Something for everyone: the thrill-seeker, the naturalist, the not-exactly-athletic, the first-time camper and the seasoned boater
O.A.R.S. Adventure Vacations Something for everyone: The thrill-seeker, the naturalist, the not-exactly-athletic, the first-time camper and the seasoned boater.
Angels Camp, California – For almost 40 years, O.A.R.S. (Outdoor Adventure River Specialists) has been a leader in the adventure travel industry. The California-based, eco-conscious organization provides exceptional, award-winning customer service, friendly, experienced and safety-conscious guides, comfortable and clean camping equipment, undeniably delicious and hearty meals and an ideal environment for a traveler to experience the outdoor vacation of his or her dreams.
O.A.R.S. trips have positively affected the lives of over 400,000 travelers due to their ability to meet the diverse needs of their broad spectrum of clientele: they offer more than 75 unique itineraries worldwide. More than half of their guests experienced vacations with children in tow. Trips vary in price, making adventures accessible to families, professionals, students and retirees.
Some vacations include catered camping and rafting excursions through one of six national parks, lodge-based outings with comfortable beds and hot showers, multi-week expeditions, half-day escapes, weekend retreats close to home or private chartered trips specifically and uniquely designed for a given client’s needs. Various organizations and publications have repeatedly proclaimed O.A.R.S. adventures as the “Best Trips on the Planet.”
O.A.R.S. was established in 1969 by George and Pam Wendt and with a goal to help people of all ages enjoy "the best outdoor experience of their lives.” The company was selected as the first exclusively oar-powered rafting company in the Grand Canyon, and Wendt has since been awarded a Lifetime Achievement Award from the Adventure Travel Trade Association (ATTA).
The company runs first-class rafting, sea kayaking and multi-sport (rafting / sea kayaking / hiking / biking / horseback riding) trips in Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Oregon, Utah and Wyoming as well as in Canada, Baja, Fiji and throughout South America, rendering them a diverse and accommodating force in adventure travel.
Borrowing from John Muir, “In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks,” O.A.R.S. long ago discovered the enduring magic of classic rivers, stunning scenery and mesmerizing companionship. The organization continues to offer trips on some of the country’s finest rivers: the Colorado River through the Grand Canyon, Idaho’s incomparable Middle Fork Salmon and Alaska’s spectacular Tatshenshini. In addition, O.A.R.S. specializes in family adventures with notable vacations on Utah’s Green River through Dinosaur National Monument, Oregon’s Wild and Scenic Rogue River and Idaho’s Lower Salmon River.
In addition to family-friendly journeys and classic river trips appropriate for travelers of all ages, O.A.R.S. offers epic whitewater rafting for thrill-seekers on California’s North Fork American, Tuolumne and Upper Klamath rivers, as well as Canada’s Chilko River. Other adventure options, designed for travelers with specific interests, include trips which highlight archaeology, wine tasting, gourmet cooking, photography, as well as trips for the solo traveler, hiking enthusiasts and trips for women only.
New to O.A.R.S.’ vacation menu in 2008: rafting on the Apurimac River, the source of the Amazon and lodge-to-lodge trekking to Machu Picchu, 15 or 16 days.
O.A.R.S. was the first, and only, North American rafting outfitter to be 100% carbon neutral through an innovative partnership with NativeEnergy Travel Offsets. They are in their third year of off-setting all energy used in their California-based office and all domestic adventures. O.A.R.S. swapped the motors on their gear boats for their Jackson Lake trips for new four-stroke engines, reducing fuel consumption significantly, and they provide on-site employee housing in most destinations, sparing guides and staff from potentially lengthy, carbon-emitting commutes. Additionally, 20% of the fuel used in their Grand Canyon gear vehicles is now bio-diesel.
Recognized as an authoritative resource for environmentalists, conservationists, politicians and eco-celebrities, O.A.R.S. was selected to support MacGillivray Freeman Films and Teva in their production of a cutting-edge water conservation film, “Grand Canyon Adventure” 3D IMAX ®. The film, featuring Robert Kennedy, Jr. and anthropologist Wade Davis, and their daughters, premiers on World Water Day, March 28, 2008. The film will undoubtedly raise water conservation awareness worldwide.
Since 1969 O.A.R.S. has been setting the standard in first-class rafting, sea kayaking and multi-sport vacations, with destination and unparalleled experiences on over 35 rivers and coastlines of the world. O.A.R.S. caters to active travelers of all ages and abilities with more than 75 unique itineraries worldwide, including one-day and weekend escapes. For more information on O.A.R.S. eco-friendly adventures, including a free 84-page color catalog, call O.A.R.S. at 1-800-346-6277, email the company at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.oars.com.