O.A.R.S. Press Release
- Two Oregon Purveyors of Fine Living, A Chocolatier and a Brew Master, Spice Up Father’s Day on the Rogue River with O.A.R.S.
- Veteran Outfitter O.A.R.S. by Longstanding Agreements With Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks Offers Guests Unique Access and Experiences
- A Strong Constitution for Fun Recommended for O.A.R.S.’ July 4th – 6th Tuolumne River Trip with 21st Amendment Brewery
- O.A.R.S. Releases 2013 Family Adventure Catalog With Vacations From Peru to Alaska
- O.A.R.S. Selected by Outside Magazine As Runner Up for “Best Outfitter of the Year”
- O.A.R.S. Outlines 2013 Menu of Whitewater Vacations On Idaho’s Iconic Salmon and Snake Rivers
- O.A.R.S. Offers 11 Unique Gourmet Whitewater Rafting Adventures in 2013
- O.A.R.S. Rafts Second-Ever Descent of Drangme Chhu in Bhutan
- O.A.R.S. Hosts Series of Epicurean Adventures on Idaho’s Salmon River with Whole Journeys
- O.A.R.S.’ Adventure Consultant Recognized as Top Travel Specialist for River Rafting by Condé Nast Traveler for the 6th Consecutive Year
- O.A.R.S. Founder, George Wendt, Honored at 2012 California River Awards
- O.A.R.S. Partners With Leading Social Media Agency To Launch Web Magazine
- Dinosaur National Monument, an Undiscovered Gem, Shines this Summer
- O.A.R.S. and American Rivers Shine the Light on the Endangered Green River
- O.A.R.S. Releases Industry-leading Whitewater Orientation Video
- O.A.R.S.’ Bosnia Three Rivers Tour Recognized as One of “50 Tours of a Lifetime” for 2012
- The Grand Canyon by Dory Named to Hall of Fame in Outside's Inaugural Travel Awards
- O.A.R.S. Seeks to Inspire the Next Generation of Adventurers with New Family Catalog
- O.A.R.S. Launches Three New Adventures for 2012
- O.A.R.S.’ Adventure Consultant Recognized as Top River Rafting Expert by Condé Nast Traveler for the 5th Consecutive Year
- O.A.R.S. Reinvents the Travel Catalog for 2012
- Record Water Levels on Tap for 2011 Cataract Canyon Rafting Season
- O.A.R.S.’ Grand Canyon River Trip Recognized as One of “50 Tours of a Lifetime” for 2011
- California Snowpack Has River Outfitters Looking Forward to 2011 Rafting Season
- Prime Minister of Fiji Recognizes Rivers Fiji with “Exporter of the Year” Award for Tourism Services
- Award-winning Outfitter Unveils 2011 Bucket List of Adventures
- O.A.R.S. Announces New Wilderness Gourmet Culinary Adventure Featuring Acclaimed Ashland Chef, Damon Jones on the Rogue River
- Adventures in Wine and Whitewater
- Above Average Sierra Snowpack Translates to Exciting, Extended California Whitewater Rafting Season
- Grand Teton National Park selects O.A.R.S. as long-term concessionaire & the only rafting & sea kayaking outfitter to operate overnight trips in the park
- Rivers Fiji recognized with Responsible Tourism Award by Virgin Holidays
- Fifty “Eco-Friendly” Ways to Experience the Unforgettable Nature of an O.A.R.S. Adventure
- Adventure Travelers in Pursuit of the Seven Whitewater Wonders of the World
- Raft More, Spend Less: All-Inclusive Adventures Make Good Financial Sense in Today's Economy
- Unique Vacation Options, On and Off the Beaten Path, In America’s Most Iconic National Parks
- O.A.R.S. Receives Top Honors from Distinguished Media Outlets
- O.A.R.S. To Begin Accepting Reservations for 2010 Grand Canyon Rafting Trips
- O.A.R.S. Offers Seven New Trips in 2009 Adding to an Extensive Collection of Adventurous Itineraries throughout the U.S. West, Canada, Latin America and Fiji
- O.A.R.S.’ Gourmet Whitewater Rafting Trips Offer Elegant Adventure Vacation Alternatives
- O.A.R.S. Commemorates 40th Anniversary of the Wild and Scenic Rivers Act by Partnering with American Rivers and by Offering a Benefit Whitewater Rafting Trip in Idaho
- O.A.R.S. - Mother Nature Cooperates with Whitewater Rafting Company: Snow Levels Make for an Outstanding 2008 Whitewater Rafting Season
- O.A.R.S. – the eco-savvy adventure travel outfitter further reduces carbon footprint with a new commitment to solar power
- O.A.R.S. announces a one-of-a kind series of rafting and product-testing expeditions with performance footwear innovator Teva
- Seven New Hiking-Specific Itineraries Added to O.A.R.S. Diverse Trip Options
- O.A.R.S. and Teva Team Up to Support a 3D Experience for IMAX Theaters – Grand Canyon Adventure: River at Risk
- O.A.R.S. Receives Top Honors from Distinguished Media Outlets
- O.A.R.S. Adventure Vacations - Something for everyone: the thrill-seeker, the naturalist, the not-exactly-athletic, the first-time camper and the seasoned boater
O.A.R.S. Outlines 2013 Menu of Whitewater Vacations On Idaho’s Iconic Salmon and Snake RiversANGELS CAMP, CA, Feb. 26, 2013 – Veteran river outfitter and nature-based adventure travel company O.A.R.S. is spotlighting rafting in Idaho, with 3,100 miles of river—more than any other state. Multiple-day, wilderness vacations concentrate on two rivers, including the Salmon River, which is the longest free-flowing river in any state, and the Snake River through Hells Canyon—the deepest gorge in North America.
O.A.R.S.’ (http://www.oars.com/) all-inclusive three- to seven-day river and hiking adventures begin at $907 per adult for four days through the Gorges of the Lower Salmon out of Lewiston. Youth rates are also offered. With more options than any other Idaho outfitter, O.A.R.S. offers over a dozen launches with Family-Friendly discounts of up to 15% off the regular rate. The company also features multiple-day instructional programs dedicated to stand-up paddleboarding and whitewater kayaking as well as hiking programs and specialized adventures for wine and beer aficionados. See: http://www.oars.com/idaho
Of special note this summer are three new departures with Whole Journeys (a Whole Foods Market® Company) for active “foodies.” O.A.R.S.’ Epicurean Adventure along Idaho’s Main Salmon River is a seven-day program with six days of rafting on free-flowing Class III whitewater, one night in Boise and five nights of catered camping on sandy beaches with chef-prepared meals.
“Idaho is arguably the most overlooked destination for adventure travel in the United States,” said George Wendt, president and founder of O.A.R.S., noting that Idaho is second only to the Grand Canyon for clients who think of great domestic rafting adventures. While some whitewater adventures are adrenaline-infused with up to Class IV rapids, other adventures are staged on the Main and Lower Salmon Rivers where most family programs take place with Class II to III rapids appropriate for kids as young a seven.
Bram Role, an Idaho native who has been guiding with O.A.R.S. for 16 seasons, says he favors the free-flowing aspect of the Salmon River “and everything that goes with that: huge chunks of roadless backcountry, the Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness, natural hot springs, Native American sites, abundant wildlife, great fishing and a vibrant, intact ecosystem. The first 25 miles of the Middle Fork [Salmon] are just absolutely fantastic. It’s constant action, flying down through there, making moves left and right. It’s a ton of fun!”
O.A.R.S.’ professional guide-to-guest ratio (1:4) is the best in the industry. Its Idaho fleet includes oar rafts and colorful hand-crafted dories, paddle rafts and inflatable kayaks along with top-notch guides & expedition equipment. Each type of craft offers a different on-water experience.
For more information, availability, reservations and a copy of the 2013 O.A.R.S. Adventures catalog call 209-736-4677 or 800-346-6277, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit: http://www.oars.com/.
Some 500,000 guests later, O.A.R.S. has been providing whitewater rafting vacations since 1969. Over the decades the company has set the standard in first-class rafting, sea kayaking and multi-sport vacations, with destinations and unparalleled experiences on over 35 rivers and coastlines around the world. O.A.R.S. caters to active travelers of all ages and abilities with more than 75 unique itineraries, including one-day and weekend escapes. In 2012, for the sixth consecutive year, Conde Nast Traveler recognized Mindy Gleason, O.A.R.S. Reservation Manager and International Adventure Travel Consultant, as Condé Nast Traveler’s standalone Top Travel Specialist in the River Rafting category. Outside Magazine, National Geographic Traveler, MSNBC, Good Morning America and Men’s Journal have all recognized O.A.R.S. as offering some of the "Best Trips" on the planet.