O.A.R.S. Press Release
- O.A.R.S., Worldwide Leader in Whitewater Rafting, Launches World Rivers Series of New Trips Marrying Iconic Rivers with Cultural Destinations
- U.S. Marine Captain with Four Deployments to Afghanistan under His Belt Chosen as Winner of O.A.R.S. “Livin’ the Dream” Contest
- O.A.R.S. Announces Enhanced Commission Structure Including Travel Agent Commissions on Coveted Grand Canyon Rafting Adventures
- Condé Nast Traveler Selects O.A.R.S.’ Mindy Gleason Among its Top Travel Specialists for 7th Consecutive Year
- O.A.R.S. Launches “Livin’ the Dream” Contest To Become Honorary River Guide On No-Cost Grand Canyon Rafting Trip
- O.A.R.S. Family Rafting Adventures Give Kids a Break from Devices
- O.A.R.S. Experiencing Increased Demand For Rafting Adventures in Northern California This Summer On Reservoir-Controlled Rivers
- Two Oregon Purveyors of Fine Living, A Chocolatier and a Brew Master, Spice Up Father’s Day on the Rogue River with O.A.R.S.
- Veteran Outfitter O.A.R.S. by Longstanding Agreements With Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks Offers Guests Unique Access and Experiences
- A Strong Constitution for Fun Recommended for O.A.R.S.’ July 4th – 6th Tuolumne River Trip with 21st Amendment Brewery
- O.A.R.S. Releases 2013 Family Adventure Catalog With Vacations From Peru to Alaska
- O.A.R.S. Selected by Outside Magazine As Runner Up for “Best Outfitter of the Year”
- O.A.R.S. Outlines 2013 Menu of Whitewater Vacations On Idaho’s Iconic Salmon and Snake Rivers
- O.A.R.S. Offers 11 Unique Gourmet Whitewater Rafting Adventures in 2013
- O.A.R.S. Rafts Second-Ever Descent of Drangme Chhu in Bhutan
- O.A.R.S. Hosts Series of Epicurean Adventures on Idaho’s Salmon River with Whole Journeys
- O.A.R.S.’ Adventure Consultant Recognized as Top Travel Specialist for River Rafting by Condé Nast Traveler for the 6th Consecutive Year
- O.A.R.S. Founder, George Wendt, Honored at 2012 California River Awards
- O.A.R.S. Partners With Leading Social Media Agency To Launch Web Magazine
- Dinosaur National Monument, an Undiscovered Gem, Shines this Summer
- O.A.R.S. and American Rivers Shine the Light on the Endangered Green River
- O.A.R.S. Releases Industry-leading Whitewater Orientation Video
- O.A.R.S.’ Bosnia Three Rivers Tour Recognized as One of “50 Tours of a Lifetime” for 2012
- The Grand Canyon by Dory Named to Hall of Fame in Outside's Inaugural Travel Awards
- O.A.R.S. Seeks to Inspire the Next Generation of Adventurers with New Family Catalog
- O.A.R.S. Launches Three New Adventures for 2012
- O.A.R.S.’ Adventure Consultant Recognized as Top River Rafting Expert by Condé Nast Traveler for the 5th Consecutive Year
- O.A.R.S. Reinvents the Travel Catalog for 2012
- Record Water Levels on Tap for 2011 Cataract Canyon Rafting Season
- O.A.R.S.’ Grand Canyon River Trip Recognized as One of “50 Tours of a Lifetime” for 2011
- California Snowpack Has River Outfitters Looking Forward to 2011 Rafting Season
- Prime Minister of Fiji Recognizes Rivers Fiji with “Exporter of the Year” Award for Tourism Services
- Award-winning Outfitter Unveils 2011 Bucket List of Adventures
- O.A.R.S. Announces New Wilderness Gourmet Culinary Adventure Featuring Acclaimed Ashland Chef, Damon Jones on the Rogue River
- Adventures in Wine and Whitewater
- Above Average Sierra Snowpack Translates to Exciting, Extended California Whitewater Rafting Season
- Grand Teton National Park selects O.A.R.S. as long-term concessionaire & the only rafting & sea kayaking outfitter to operate overnight trips in the park
- Rivers Fiji recognized with Responsible Tourism Award by Virgin Holidays
- Fifty “Eco-Friendly” Ways to Experience the Unforgettable Nature of an O.A.R.S. Adventure
- Adventure Travelers in Pursuit of the Seven Whitewater Wonders of the World
- Raft More, Spend Less: All-Inclusive Adventures Make Good Financial Sense in Today's Economy
- Unique Vacation Options, On and Off the Beaten Path, In America’s Most Iconic National Parks
- O.A.R.S. Receives Top Honors from Distinguished Media Outlets
- O.A.R.S. To Begin Accepting Reservations for 2010 Grand Canyon Rafting Trips
- O.A.R.S. Offers Seven New Trips in 2009 Adding to an Extensive Collection of Adventurous Itineraries throughout the U.S. West, Canada, Latin America and Fiji
- O.A.R.S.’ Gourmet Whitewater Rafting Trips Offer Elegant Adventure Vacation Alternatives
- O.A.R.S. Commemorates 40th Anniversary of the Wild and Scenic Rivers Act by Partnering with American Rivers and by Offering a Benefit Whitewater Rafting Trip in Idaho
- O.A.R.S. - Mother Nature Cooperates with Whitewater Rafting Company: Snow Levels Make for an Outstanding 2008 Whitewater Rafting Season
- O.A.R.S. – the eco-savvy adventure travel outfitter further reduces carbon footprint with a new commitment to solar power
- O.A.R.S. announces a one-of-a kind series of rafting and product-testing expeditions with performance footwear innovator Teva
- Seven New Hiking-Specific Itineraries Added to O.A.R.S. Diverse Trip Options
- O.A.R.S. and Teva Team Up to Support a 3D Experience for IMAX Theaters – Grand Canyon Adventure: River at Risk
- O.A.R.S. Receives Top Honors from Distinguished Media Outlets
- O.A.R.S. Adventure Vacations - Something for everyone: the thrill-seeker, the naturalist, the not-exactly-athletic, the first-time camper and the seasoned boater
O.A.R.S. Releases 2013 Family Adventure Catalog With Vacations From Peru to Alaska
Featuring 22 Easy-to-Epic Trips for First-Timers On Up to Experienced Paddlers
ANGELS CAMP, CA, April 2, 2013 – Veteran family adventure vacations outfitter, O.A.R.S., announces the release of its new family catalog and a 2013 line-up of 22 life-changing adventures, many suitable for families with children as young as four.
“Our 2013 Family Catalog showcases easy-to-epic adventures for families looking to unplug from technology and reconnect as a family,” says Steve Markle, O.A.R.S. marketing director. “Introducing kids to the fun of splashing around in rivers can help foster a new generation of adventurers and a deeper appreciation for the environment.”
The adventure line up embraces the iconic rivers of America’s West, including the Grand Canyon plus lake, mountain and sea journeys in British Columbia, Alaska, Costa Rica, Machu Picchu and the Galapagos.
“While families are unplugging and reconnecting, our guides take care of the meals, all the activities and camp set-up is a breeze. Our trips are all-inclusive and virtually every night features riverside, beachfront accommodations with a view,” says Markle.
The 22 family adventure vacations featured in the 2013 Catalog include classic family rafting trips as well as a selection of thoughtfully designed multi-sport family adventures. The trips are presented as those appropriate for ages four years and up and then for ages seven and up. Another section, Epic Excursions, outlines rafting and multi-sport programs for families with teens.
Of special note is a guest article by a single mother, Tricia Slavic, who was bemoaning the fact that taking her youngsters camping—by herself—was more than she could handle.
“Then, last summer, a friend who had just returned from an O.A.R.S. trip suggested that it might be just the thing I was looking for—an outdoor vacation in which all I had to do, essentially, was just show up,” she writes. “After years of keeping our family afloat by myself, it was an amazing gift to just sit back and let someone else do the work.”
Multi-generational families factor often into the O.A.R.S. mix. Last summer, a family separated by several states and three generations met up on the Gorges of the Lower Salmon River in Idaho. There were 17, ranging from age eight to 71.
“The kids have never done anything like that before … they said that it was one of the best things that ever happened to them,” reminisced Eunice Albright, the grandmother.
On each trip a “Fun Director” leads nature walks and activities. Some of the guides like to get the whole gang involved in fingernail and toenail painting! In general, just four to six hours per day are spent rafting, after which rafts can be turned upside down to become water slides before moving onto land to play glow-in-the-dark bocci ball horseshoes or tug-of-war.
Trips range from two days / one night to 11 days / 10 nights. Adventures recommended for families with young children are on waters with lower class rapids, which are rated “easy.” The 2013 O.A.R.S. Family Adventures Catalog is available free of charge at oars.com/catalog or by calling (800) 346-6277 or emailing email@example.com.
O.A.R.S. video library features an array of informative segments, including a brand-new family adventures video: http://www.oars.com/videos/oars-family-rafting
Some 500,000 guests later, O.A.R.S. has been providing whitewater rafting vacations since 1969. Over the decades the company has set the standard in first-class rafting, sea kayaking and multi-sport adventure, with destinations and unparalleled experiences on over 35 rivers and coastlines around the world. O.A.R.S. caters to active travelers of all ages and abilities with more than 75 unique itineraries, including one-day and weekend escapes. In 2012, for the sixth consecutive year, Condé Nast Traveler recognized Mindy Gleason, O.A.R.S. Reservation Manager and International Adventure Travel Consultant, as Condé Nast Traveler’s standalone Top Travel Specialist in the River Rafting category. In 2013 Outside, America’s leading multimedia active-lifestyle brand, named O.A.R.S. one of the top two outfitters in the world in its annual Active Travel Awards recognition program.