Wine Tasting Tours
Combine river running with winetasting premium wines presented by some of the West's finest vintners as well as gourmet meals on these O.A.R.S. adventures:
Wine Tasting on the River Adventures
If wine is the most civilized thing in the world, why not enjoy it in the wilderness on one of O.A.R.S.' Wine Tasting on the River Adventures in California, Idaho, Oregon or Canada? Designed especially for those who love wine and also enjoy rafting, our wine trips offer an elegant alternative to our regular fare. After a day of splashy river rafting, enjoy gourmet meals and premium wines recommended by some of the best vintners in the West and introduced by regional wine experts. We think you'll agree with Ovid, who said, "Where there is plenty of wine, sorrow and worry take wing."
What makes these tantalizing wine tasting adventures special? Knowledgeable wine stewards and five-star epicurean offerings. The wines selected for our wine tasting trips are carefully chosen to complement the menus each night, making dinner more akin to a fine restaurant experience than a camp fare on the banks of a scenic river. The combination is unbeatable!
Special Note: Winery participation is subject to change, but we promise whichever one joins us for your trip, they'll bring along some darn good wine. All evening meals are carefully selected and prepared by our team of culinary experts, including guest chefs and guides.
- Bacon Beignets, maple chive crème fraîcheShrimp ceviche, avocado, chipotle lime dressing, corn tortillas
- Butter lettuce, radish, parsley, candied hazelnuts, feta, lemon vinaigretteLamb Osso Bucco, fall squash risotto, mint gremolata
- Fresh berry tartlets, pastry cream, late harvest viognier sabayon
- Pork terrine, onion crackers, pickles
- Cured Salmon crostinis, pickled cucumber, bacon mustard dressing
- Watermelon, heirloom tomatoes, feta, basil pickled rind
- Duck confit, cassoulet sauce, bacon braised collard greens, fried breadcrumbs
- Claires Coconut cream cake, bruleed bananas, chocolate sauce
- BBQ pork shank sliders, jalapeno curds
- Figs, guanciale, goat cheese
- Roasted beet salad, arugula, honey mustard dressing, bacon almond clusters, smokey blue
- Pan roasted salmon, ratatouille, parmesan rosemary roasted fingerling potatoes
- Poached peaches, meringue, creme chantilly, strawberry sauce
- Assorted regional cheese platter, crackers, curried almonds, orange vanilla marmalade
- Pressed pork belly and peaches
- Grilled romaine, white anchovies, crostini, roasted garlic dressing
- Chargrilled hanger steak, black eye pea and corn succotash, kale, onion rings, chimmi churri
- Dark chocolate and hazelnut torte, caramel sauce
Featured Wine Tasting Trips from O.A.R.S.
May 26: 2-Day Tuolumne River, CA
As seen on NBC's “In Wine Country,” O.A.R.S. will once again offer an exceptional Wine on the River adventure near Yosemite National Park on California's finest whitewater river, the Tuolumne.
June 20; September 9: 4-Day Rogue River, OR
This Rogue River adventure in Oregon includes four days of river rafting, three nights of camping and gourmet wilderness cuisine paired with award-winning wines.
June 20: 8-Day Chilko Chilcotin Fraser Rivers, British Columbia, Canada
This Wine on the River rafting adventure in Canada begins with a scenic flight from Vancouver over Whistler & the Coast Range, and combines Class IV whitewater rapids with a Spanish-themed wine and culinary extravaganza.
August 21; September 1: 3-Day Tuolumne River, CA
The late summer weather is ideal for the first of two back to back wine adventures on the Wild and Scenic Tuolumne River. Lots of time for relaxing with friends while enjoying the scenery and delicious cuisine.
August 27; September 5: 6-Day Middle Fork Salmon River, ID
Of all the rivers that flow through Idaho, perhaps the most spectacular is the Middle Fork of the Wild and Scenic Salmon River, a perfect setting to enjoy the wine and delightful meals presented on this adventure.
July 28; September 14: 5-Day Hell's Canyon, ID
Hells Canyon, home of the mighty Snake River, is the deepest gorge in North America and home to our last gourmet Wine on the River adventure for the season.
Praise for our Middle Fork Salmon Wine on the River Trip
"We booked the Wine on the River trip down the Middle Fork thinking it would be a little more relaxing (late-season water levels, wine tasting each night). Our expectations were exceeded in every way! First, I had no idea that the quality of the meals would be as stellar as they were. Chef Rhody and his wife Cara blew us away nightly, with entrees such as trout, duck, elk and ribs. Each meal was completed with wonderful appetizers, side dishes and desserts. That the chefs were able to produce this kind of food in the middle of nowhere is astonishing to say the least, and we are pretty accomplished foodies. Five stars in every way! Now, let's talk about the wine. Matt Hatcher brought 30+ CASES of wine from his own production winery. With over 25 different bottlings, a very informative talk and Q&A every evening, and a sparkling personality, I cannot say enough about him! If you are fortunate enough to find Matt or Rhody on one of your wine trips, consider yourself very, very lucky...."
Jim and Linda from San Diego, CA