Middle Fork | Main Salmon River Rafting Combo
- World-class trout fishing
- Natural hot springs and sandy beaches
- Exciting Class III rapids and a wide selection of boat types
- Pristine alpine scenery, dramatic gorges, rolling hills & waterfalls
June 24; July 26
Flight package from Boise or car shuttle; $4/day USFS recreation demo fee
|River Rating||Minimum Age|
|Class III - IV||9 Yrs (12 during high water)|
Middle Fork - Main Salmon River Rafting Combo - Overview
Of all the rivers that flow through Idaho, perhaps the most spectacular is the Wild & Scenic Salmon River, the longest un-dammed river system in the continental U.S. O.A.R.S.’ Middle Fork and Main Fork Salmon River rafting combo offers the best of the best – an Idaho rafting journey down the two most beloved segments of the Idaho's Salmon River, one of our nation’s most epic rivers. Guests will be treated to views of beautiful scenery, rugged mountains, fragrant pine forests and wide-open meadows teeming with abundant wildlife.
Considered the premier alpine river trip in North America, the Middle Fork Salmon River boasts non-stop, Class III-IV whitewater cascading through the Sawtooth Mountains, natural hot springs and offering up excellent Idaho fishing. The Main Salmon River which flows through the Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness offers a rich river rafting experience with free-flowing Class III whitewater and big sandy beaches that are perfect for camping and playing - great for families and rafters of any age and experience level.
An American classic…
Middle Fork - Main Salmon River Rafting - Itinerary at a Glance
- Board a scenic flight to the put-in, where boats, crew and river await for the beginning of our Middle Fork - Main Salmon River Rafting adventure
- Enjoy fantastic alpine scenery, deep green forests, dramatic mountains, and crystal clear creeks that flow out of the woods and into the river
- Soak in a steaming natural hot spring after braving Velvet Falls and Ramshorn rapids
- Watch the scenery change from high mountains to gently rolling hills as the forests give way to miles of open grassland dotted with cool glades of pine
- Run huge rapids like Powerhouse and Pistol Creek, maybe in an inflatable kayak or paddle boat
- After another soak in a hot spring, explore caves decorated with Sheepeater Indian pictographs
- Hike to the magnificent Veil Falls, and view it plummeting into a natural amphitheatre
- Challenge some of the most high-intensity and continuous whitewater of the trip through Impassable Canyon; paddle through Redside, Rubber and Hancock rapids before reaching the confluence of the Main Salmon River
- Enter the Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness and embark on the second portion of the journey on the Main Salmon through a heavily forested canyon with towering pines and early season blankets of vibrant wildflowers.
- Experience rapids like Salmon Falls, Big Mallard and Growler, historical sites such as Buckskin Bill’s homestead and prospector Jim Moore’s place (maybe find the fortune he buried in the hillside!), and the much anticipated Barth Hot Springs.
- Enjoy a challenging climb to Rabbit Point and enjoy the beautiful view
- Our Middle Fork - Main Salmon River Rafting adventure concludes with a shuttle to the town of McCall. Spend the night, or even a few days, here to enjoy its beautiful natural setting on the shores of Payette Lake and authentic small-town Idaho charm
Recent Articles on OARS.com
From our Blog...
|Destination River||Meeting Parking||Rapid||Point of Interest||Camp||Put-in||Take-out|
- Trip Reviews
- Write a Review
“I enjoyed the vast natural splendor of the canyon, the river, the flora and the fauna. All of it! All the OARS crew was competent, courteous, and friendly and was obviously copasetic with one another and the clients. The food was very high quality...and certainly, quantity. All the equipment was in great working order. I have been on four commercially guided floats. None better in any respect. Hope you will bother to relay my sentiments on to these fine employees of OARS. "Bronco" did an excellent job of staying on top of the entire trip. Being a trip leader is obviously a major responsibility ...and he did an excellent job. Nick, particularly, did an exceptional job in all regards; he clearly has great leadership skills. He is an excellent naturalist. Also, he gave two historical presentations. Seldom have I ever heard anyone do such an exceptional job of narrating a large amount of facts (and lore) as smoothly and interestingly, as Nick did. I told him so, more than once. He showed smart skills in handling his boat, as well. All the crew did their jobs, continually, very well! Spank and John were special personalities”
M. Keene Hueftle, PhD. ~ Pocatello, ID
Middle | Main Salmon River Combo - 11 Days Trip Planner
Please print, sign and return the required forms (for each person in your party) to our office by email, fax or mail at least 60 days prior to your trip.
Trip Planners (includes packing list)
Local Weather & Current Conditions
|Average Temperatures °F|
|Water Temperatures °F|