Ultimate Salmon River Experience
- This Salmon River rafting adventure is over 300 miles!
- Exciting Class III Idaho whitewater rafting with a wide selection of boat types
- Pristine alpine scenery, dramatic gorges, sandy beaches, rolling hills & waterfalls
- Raft the Middle Fork Salmon , Main Salmon and Lower Salmon rivers
- Try out a stand up paddleboard (SUP)
16 Days: June 24
17 Days: July 26
16 Days: $3959
17 Days: $4136
Flight package from Boise or car shuttle; $4/day USFS recreation demo fee
|River Rating||Minimum Age|
|Class III - IV||9 Yrs (15 during high water)|
Ultimate Salmon River Rafting Experience - Overview
No other river trip in the U.S. offers as much diversity in scenery, terrain and whitewater as the Full Salmon River Rafting Experience.
The Middle Fork of the Salmon River boasts non-stop, Class III-IV whitewater, natural hot springs, and excellent fishing. And then there’s the scenery – soft meadows that roll towards the base of soaring mountains, craggy canyons ribboned with waterfalls, deep green forests and grassy hills dotted with wildflowers.
Perhaps the most popular rafting trip in Idaho, and part of the longest un-dammed river in the mainland US, the Main Salmon offers a rich river experience. Free-flowing Class III whitewater that’s great for any age and experience level, big sandy beaches perfect for camping and playing, beautiful mountain scenery, abundant wildlife, and a natural hot spring are among the hallmarks of the Main.
The Lower Salmon runs through the warmer, drier canyon country of the Seven Devils which differs from much of Idaho's forested and mountainous wilderness. Not confined to just one river canyon, the Lower Salmon River actually flows through four separate gorges – Green, Cougar, Snow Hole and Blue canyons – interspersed with sprawling, wide-open vistas. Bejeweled with some of the biggest and most beautiful white sand beaches of any western river, the Lower Salmon is the perfect destination for water-based fun in the sun.
Ultimate Salmon River Rafting - Itinerary at a Glance
- Board a scenic flight to the put-in of your Full Salmon River Rafting Experience, where boats, crew and river await
- Enjoy fantastic alpine scenery, deep green forests, dramatic mountains, and crystal clear creeks that flow out of the woods and into the river
- Soak in a steaming natural hot spring after braving Velvet Falls and Ramshorn rapids
- Watch the scenery change from high mountains to gently rolling hills as the forests give way to miles of open grassland dotted with cool glades of pine
- Run huge rapids like Powerhouse and Pistol Creek, maybe in an inflatable kayak or paddle boat
- After another soak in a hot spring, explore caves decorated with Sheepeater Indian pictographs
- Hike to the magnificent Veil Falls, and view it plummeting into a natural amphitheatre
- Challenge some of the most high-intensity and continuous whitewater of the trip through Impassable Canyon; paddle through Redside, Rubber and Hancock rapids before reaching the confluence with the Main Salmon River
- Enter the Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness and embark on the second portion of the journey on the Main Salmon through a heavily forested canyon with towering pines and early season blankets of vibrant wildflowers.
- Experience rapids like Salmon Falls, Big Mallard and Growler, historical sites such as Buckskin Bill’s homestead and prospector Jim Moore’s place (maybe find the fortune he buried in the hillside!), and the much anticipated Barth Hot Springs.
- Enjoy a challenging climb to Rabbit Point, soak in another hot spring, and challenge some of the river’s best rapids, including Ruby and Lake Creek Bridge.
- The Lower Salmon, which flows through dry, golden canyons, marks the beginning of the trip’s third portion, as the river takes its guests through yet another change in landscape
- Swim through Roller Coaster rapid which marks the entrance to Green Canyon
- Visit ancient pictographs before continuing the whitewater adventure through Wright-way, Demon's Drop and Pine Bar rapids
- Snow Hole Canyon provides some of the biggest, most exciting whitewater of the Lower Salmon: Half & Half, Snow Hole and China Bar rapids
- Climb to a vista point for an impressive bird’s-eye view of the river winding through the steep and slender canyon
- After an epic 17-day Full Salmon River Rafting Experience of 308 miles, arrive at Heller Bar take-out and board shuttle for return to civilization.
|Destination River||Meeting Parking||Rapid||Point of Interest||Camp||Put-in||Take-out|
- Trip Reviews
- Write a Review
"An outstanding trip in all regards - extremely well planned and executed. Guides were knowledgeable, approachable, accommodating - showed true concern for the enjoyment of the clients. Trip was exactly as advertised. Will definitely travel with OARS again and highly recommend it to others."
Christine Lyons ~ Hanover, MA
Ultimate Salmon River Experience - 16 or 17 Days Trip Planner
Please print, sign and return the required forms (for each person in your party) to our office by email, fax or mail at least 60 days prior to your trip.