Upper Navua Gorge: Fiji Whitewater Rafting
- Class II-III Upper Navua River whitewater rafting
- Paddle through giant ferns, vines and waterfalls
- Enjoy a delicious riverside picnic lunch
- Fiji rafting through the Upper Navua Conservation Area
|River Rating||Minimum Age|
|Class II||8 Yrs|
Upper Navua Gorge – Fiji Whitewater Rafting - Overview
For paddlers, rafting through the Upper Navua Gorge on Viti Levu island in Fiji is one of the planet's most incredible rafting experiences. Imagine this - a miniature Grand Canyon landscape, stacked over eons with black lava rock, then overgrown by luscious cascades of giant fern, vines and fragrant jungle foliage. Often referred to as "a river of Eden," the Upper Navua River has cut a deep chasm into Viti Levu's post-volcanic heartland, creating a roaring canyon full with dramatic detours and intimate, ecological sights unlike anything back home, or anywhere else in the world. On this O.A.R.S. ultimate Fiji whitewater rafting trip, heaven lies just beneath your bow.
Fiji Rafting: Itinerary at a Glance
- Meet at the O.A.R.S. Rivers Fiji office in Pacific Harbour and climb aboard a 4-wheel drive highland carrier which will travel along a coastal ridge before winding into the rainforested interior of the island of Viti Levu
- After a safety talk and paddling practice, we’ll head down river and into Fiji's Upper Navua Gorge. The rapids start right away and we’ll just be hitting our stride when we come to Moce Falls, the biggest drop of the day, just one half mile downstream. We’ll pass a waterfall around almost every bend as we are carried swiftly along
- Come midday, we’ll pull over to a sandy beach for a delicious picnic lunch of cold cuts, cheeses, veggies and bread along with all the fixings, fresh fruit, cookies and juice
- Back on the Navua River, each mile brings more stunning scenery and more fun whitewater. Gradually, the narrow canyon walls fall away and we begin to see signs of civilization. We may encounter a friendly local aboard a bamboo raft on this stretch of the river as we make our way to our take-out at the village of Wainadiro
- Board the highland carrier for a 1-hour drive back to the Rivers Fiji office in Pacific Harbour
|Destination River||Meeting Parking||Rapid||Point of Interest||Camp||Put-in||Take-out|
- Trip Reviews
- Write a Review
“My boyfriend and I have just returned to Perth, Australia after two magnificent weeks holidaying in beautiful Fiji.
During the trip we were fortunate enough to come across a brochure for your white-water rafting tour of the Upper Navua River. After much contemplation (due to the expense as our finances were quickly dwindling!) we decided that it would be an experience we would regret not doing if we returned to Australia not having done it.
So at 5.30am on Monday 11th February we were picked up outside the Sheraton Fiji Resort on Denarau Island and commenced the journey to Pacific Harbour. There we were greeted by Moses and so began one of the best experiences of my life. The tour was by far the best of our entire trip which also included island sailing cruises, a cave tour and village experiences.
I would like to take this opportunity to personally thank each and every one of your guides, but in particular Moses and our raft guide, Phillip. Their enthusiasm and professionalism was second to none and made the day thoroughly enjoyable for all involved, they are a credit to your company.
I have recommended the tour to other holiday-makers we met during our time in Fiji as well as to friends and family back home in Australia who are considering taking holidays in the near future.
Please convey our heartfelt appreciation to Moses, Phillip and your other guides, Joe one, Joe two and Kinni.
Vinaka, thank you and well done!!”
Sarah and Vini ~ Perth, Australia
“I most enjoyed the river experience, guides, scenery and learning, plus the culture and highland people in Fiji.”
Maureen Wright ~Toronto, ON Canada
“The river guides, especially the leader Moses, were excellent at sharing stories about the area and meeting the guests needs, whatever they were. They were friendly, good humored, hard working and accomodating. They convey their love for the river and their work which inspires the guest to value the river even more. I know the Fijian river guides are the best river guides I have ridden with and deserve the best compensation possible.”
Truda Roper ~ Apo, NY
“I have been rafting in many places in the United States but Fiji truly has everything to envy. The trip was fantastic and our guide, Moses, was wonderful. He shared many interesting things about the local culture while we rafted which made the experience even more meaningful. The waterfalls were beautiful and the lunch was fresh and delicious. I just wanted to thank you for making the vacation a memorable one. A special "shout out" to Moses who really is an AWESOME guide!!!!!!!!!!!”
Brandon & Coral Silvey ~ Florida
Upper Navua Gorge Rafting - 1 Day Trip Planner
Please complete your reservation forms* as soon as possible and no later than 30 days prior to your trip departure; one set of forms per person is required. If you are reserving your trip within 30 days of departure, please complete your forms immediately.
You can reference your email for the link or, log-in now to complete your forms.
Local Weather & Current Conditions
(November - March)
(April - October)
Warm, wetter season
Mild, drier season
80° - 86°
75° - 80°
80° - 85°
70° - 80°
|Note: in the southern hemisphere the seasons are opposite|