Highlands to Islands: Ultimate Fiji Explorer
- Class II-III Upper Navua River whitewater rafting
- Inflatable kayak on the ‘luva River and visit to the village of Nakavika
- Sea kayak on Beqa Lagoon
- Thrilling zip-line rainforest canopy tour
- Tour Suva, the capital of Fiji
Single Supplement: $1090
For optional flight arrangements
please call: 800.446.2411
Additional Costs: Airport taxes and fees
|River Rating||Minimum Age|
|Class II-III||8 Yrs|
Highlands to Islands: The Ultimate Fiji Explorer - Overview
Looking for the ultimate Fiji adventure vacation? Look no further!
Paradise from every angle! Our Highlands-to-Islands adventure takes us to the top of rolling rainforest highlands, down two hidden Fijian rivers with narrow canyon walls and dozens of cascading waterfalls and through azure oceans and kaleidoscopic reefs. Fiji’s culture and tradition are also critical components of our Fiji adventure, all topped off with deluxe beachfront accommodations and ultra-friendly Fijian hospitality.
This trip of a lifetime features Class II-III whitewater rafting on the Upper Navua River, as well as inflatable kayaking on the Class II ‘Luva River with a visit to the charming riverside village of Nakavika, where friendly locals enthusiastically welcome visitors. Sea kayak on Beqa Lagoon and feel the rush as you soar high through the forest on a thrilling zip line canopy tour. Snorkeling or simply relaxing are also part of this one-of-a-kind Fijian adventure.
Ultimate Fiji Explorer: Itinerary at a Glance
- Arrive at Nadi International Airport, gateway to the Fiji Islands, and transfer to Pacific Harbour where members of the Rivers Fiji staff await our arrival. Relax poolside, hit the beach, or hop on an afternoon coastal kayaking tour. We spend the night beachside at The Pearl South Pacific Resort
- Visit the charming riverside village of Nakavika where friendly locals welcome visitors with a tour and a traditional kava ceremony before inflatable kayaking the fun Class II whitewater of the ‘Luva River
- Spend the day sea kayaking and snorkeling in a nearby lagoon where we explore white sand beaches and extensive coral gardens while paddling through calm, clear waters
- Tour the city of Suva, the capital of Fiji, where we visit their Natural History Museum then stop for an afternoon of zip-lining through the forest canopy
- Experience a slice of Fijian paradise on the Class II-III Upper Navua River. Raft through a narrow gorge where limestone cliffs are covered by a tapestry of lush jungle plants. Lively Class II and III rapids keep the day exciting as we pass cascading waterfalls, fern-fringed grottoes and crystalline pools
- Transfer to Nadi International Airport for return flights home or extend your stay with a visit to the Yasawas, Mamanucas or any of the more than 330 tropical islands of the archipelago
Recent Articles on OARS.com
|Destination River||Meeting Parking||Rapid||Point of Interest||Camp||Put-in||Take-out|
- Trip Reviews
- Write a Review
“Just wanted to let you know that had a great time with Rivers Fiji. Kim, Robb and all of the Fiji guys, Bas, Moses, Toby, Pedro....etc. made each of the trips a lot of fun. All of the trips were well organized and staffed. The river trips, sea kayaking, snorkeling, zip-line all were as fun and exciting as promised and we came away from there with lots of good memories.
The Pearl was a fine place to stay. The people there were kind beyond a fault and the food was very good. Our room had an ocean view and was clean and comfortable. We enjoyed exploring around Pacific Harbor and found our way to the Oasis Restaurant for cold beers and good food and atmosphere.
The trip to the village to do the Kava Ceremony with Chief Leo was one of the highlights of the trip. Toby explained the ceremony and we all felt that it was a privilege to spend time with him and to experience the village.
The Fijian guys who are trained as river guides were an absolute hoot. Fun guys with good skills and lots of stories about their culture. They are one of the best assets of Rivers Fiji.”
Jeff Weber ~ San Jose, CA
“Rivers Fiji was great! Everyone with that organization was first notch and I had a great experience with them.”
Todd Main ~ Armed Forces Pacific
“I liked the guides. They were very solicitous of our safety and comfort. They were very knowledgeable about the rivers and their country. The experience with the village people was most interesting.”
Lois Pickett ~ Castro Valley, CA
“The two day kayak trip was the best of all the great days. The guides were great and the stay in the village was an amazing experience.”
Jurjen Geerts ~ Wellington, New Zealand
Highlands to Islands: Ultimate Fiji Explorer - 8 Days Trip Planner
Please print, sign and return the required forms (for each person in your party) to our office by email, fax or mail at least 90 days prior to your trip.
Trip Planners (includes packing list)
Local Weather & Current Conditions
(November - March)
(April - October)
Warm, wetter season
Mild, drier season
80° - 86°
75° - 80°
80° - 85°
70° - 80°
|Note: in the southern hemisphere the seasons are opposite|