O.A.R.S. Exploratory Trips
Why Exploratory Trips?
Over the years, we’ve been approached by many of our guides, colleagues and fellow travelers to offer experiences well off the beaten path, to extraordinary destinations, that are just too good to miss! Whether it’s a solstice festival in the Andes, a solar eclipse on the Great Barrier Reef, a sacred river in the Himalaya, or the migration of some magnificent creature, we want to share these unique opportunities and our unprecedented access with our travelers.
Working with our knowledgeable partners and putting our vast travel expertise to work, you can count on the experience of a lifetime with O.A.R.S. Our exploratory trips are available to a finite number of intrepid travelers who long for new and immensely powerful travel experiences. These trips will be promoted primarily by email, so sign up to receive our Watermark E-Newsletter (at the bottom of the page) and you’ll be among the first to know when we announce a new trip.
Are you up for an adventure?
Private & Charter Trips Manager
New Zealand Explorer: Land of the Long White Cloud
New Zealand is one of those great travel destinations that’s hard to experience with just one visit. There’s almost too much to see and do—national parks, river canyons, caves, hidden beaches, volcanoes, wineries…and the list goes on. How do you narrow it down? Hint: You let us handle the itinerary.
Join O.A.R.S. on our exclusive New Zealand exploratory adventure this winter, and you’ll get a chance to traverse the entire North Island over the course of 8 days. We’ve set up an incredible itinerary that will take you from the fiery geothermal heart of Rotorua to deep within Whanganui National Park. Along the way you’ll experience the indigenous Māori culture, explore the deep caves at Waitomo and raft the Rangitikei River, one of New Zealand’s most beautiful rivers. Before the journey ends, you’ll end up in sun-drenched Hawkes Bay, famous for wine and food and the bustling harbor city of Wellington. There’s even time to sneak in a bungee jump in New Zealand’s infamous gravity canyon if you’re up for the challenge. It’s the ultimate New Zealand sampler.
- Sail in the beautiful Waitemata Harbour
- Explore Ruakuri Cave or “Black water raft” through the Waitomo Glow Worm Caves
- Spend a day at Rotorua, renowned for hot springs, boiling mud pools and the fascinating Māori culture
- Jet boat through spectacular river canyons
- Visit Tongariro National Park (a dual World Heritage site) and the three volcanoes that make up its core—Ruapehu, Ngauruhoe and Tongariro
- Stay at the secluded Bridge to Nowhere Lodge deep within Whanganui National Park
- Raft the Class III-IV Rangitikei River
- Ride bicycles through vineyards and visit several wineries
- Choose between several optional activities such as horse trekking, trout fishing or a visit to Gravity Canyon—New Zealand's highest bridge bungee jump and the home to a 1 kilometre long, 160 km per hour zip line
TRIP LENGTH: 9 Days/8 Nights
DATE: February 23 - March 2, 2014 (Meet in Auckland, depart from Wellington March 3)
PRICE: $4195 per person based on double occupancy
Call our Private & Charter Trips Manager, Carrie Aronson at 1-800-346-6277 ext. 4786 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to reserve your trip today!