Split Mountain Utah Whitewater Rafting with Don Hatch River Expeditions
- Utah Whitewater Rafting day trip
- Class III rapids: Moonshine, S.O.B. & Schoolboy
- Raft the Green River in Dinosaur National Monument
- Split Mountain rafting is a fun family adventure
- Delicious riverside picnic lunch
|River Rating||Minimum Age|
|Class II-III||6 Yrs (11 during high water)|
Green River Rafting in Utah: Split Mountain Canyon- 1 Day- Overview
Offered through O.A.R.S. sister company, Don Hatch River Expeditions, our Utah river rafting day trip through Split Mountain Canyon on the Green River covers approximately nine river miles. There are four Class II - III rapids in this stretch of the Green River: Moonshine, S.O.B., Schoolboy and Inglesby. This one-day rafting trip is the perfect mix of spectacular scenery with just enough whitewater splashing to add a little spice. A perfect rafting adventure in Utah and Colorado for just about everyone.
Green River Rafting: Itinerary at a Glance
- Take a scenic shuttle ride to the launch point Rainbow Park inside Dinosaur National Monument
- Stop along the way to view Native American Petroglyphs
- Once at the launch site the guides will give a short orientation before the day's excitement begins
- Paddle some lively rapids before stopping at “Hatch Beach” for a welcome riverside meal and refreshments
- More wet and wild fun in the rafts comes after lunch on the remaining stretch of Split Mountain Canyon
- The expedition ends at the Split Mountain Boat Ramp where a shuttle will provide a ride back to Vernal
Don Hatch River Expeditions, Inc. is an authorized concessioner of Dinosaur National Monument.
|Destination River||Meeting Parking||Rapid||Point of Interest||Camp||Put-in||Take-out|
- Trip Reviews
- Write a Review
“It was a great family adventure with great guides. We really enjoyed being allowed to get out of the raft and float a little bit. We loved the fact that we stopped to see the petroglyphs. We had a wonderful time and would love to do it again sometime.”
Rebecca S Preece ~ Kaysville, UT
“We liked being outdoors in the remote areas of the park in the beautiful environment around the Green & Yampa river area. Everything was great. Really enjoyed the stop to look at the pictographs & petroglyths before we got in the river. We were aware of the terrific rock art in Utah and were really glad to see it. ”
Jerry Troegle ~ Arlington, TX
“The guides were entertaining and educated about the surrounding geology. They were also able to do a few little "tricks" with our group - rock surfing, water fights, etc. They were very safety oriented. ”
Tonilyn Campbell ~ Eden, UT
Split Mountain Rafting - 1 Day Trip Planner
Please complete one set of reservation forms per person no later than 30 days prior to your trip. If you have reserved your trip within 30 days of departure, please complete your forms immediately.
You can reference your email for the link or, log-in now to complete your forms.
Local Weather & Current Conditions