Yosemite & Tuolumne Hiker: Peaks, Creeks and Waterfalls
- Hikes in Yosemite National Park
- Countless waterfalls and abundant wildlife
- Rafting the world-renowned Tuolumne River
- Comfortable catered camping and lodge-based accommodations
June 24; July 11; August 25
Photography Workshop $2261: June 11
Single Supplement: $280
$16 per person federal, state and local access fees
*All prices based on double occupancy
|River Rating||Minimum Age|
|Class IV||12 Yrs (16 at high water)|
Yosemite National Park & Tuolumne River Hiker: Overview
The Tuolumne River is considered by many to be the best California whitewater rafting trip, and promises Class III-IV, action-packed paddling from put-in to take-out.. The Wild & Scenic Tuolumne River flows through remote wilderness where tumbling creeks, waterfalls and glassy pools adorn the river corridor and its side canyons—perfect for hiking, fishing and swimming during your off-river time.
A visit to Yosemite National Park is a natural addition to a Tuolumne River rafting trip. The beating heart of the Park is its spectacular glacier-carved Yosemite Valley, surrounded by dramatic mountains and filled with lovely meadows, redwoods, aspen groves and jaw-dropping waterfalls. We hike, picnic and camp in the looming presence of Half Dome and El Capitan, two of the Park’s most-famous rock monoliths.
Yosemite National Park & Tuolumne River Hiker: Itinerary at a Glance
- Meet at La Casa Loma River Store and transfer to the Class IV Tuolumne River
- The first stretch of whitewater brings three of the Tuolumne’s most notorious rapids: Rock Garden, Nemesis and Rams Head
- Stop mid-afternoon to make camp, hike and relax
- Day two brings more exciting whitewater as we continue down the Wild & Scenic Tuolumne River
- The remainder of our evenings are spent in the comfort of a rustic lodge outside the park and in cozy canvas tents in the heart of Yosemite Valley
- Explore the valley floor and take in the views
- Stroll among giant sequoia groves with our expert naturalists
- Finish the day with celebratory drinks at the bar before settling into a much needed night of rest
Recent Articles on OARS.com
From our Blog...
|Destination River||Meeting Parking||Rapid||Point of Interest||Camp||Put-in||Take-out|
- Trip Reviews
- Write a Review
“Liked the guide and Naturalist on the [Yosemite] hiking. We were in the park two days prior to the trip, hiking around and just enjoying the overall grandure of the park, and didn't have a clue of what we were enjoying.
Chris Moore: [O.A.R.S. Guide]: I will come back and do another trip with Chris.
John DeGrazio [YExplore owner/guide]: has excellent knowledge of Yosemite National Park; thanks for having him as part of the trip. I would hire him in a heartbeat to guide an overnight trip in the future.
David Lukas [author/naturalist]: I don't know who made him part of the trip but kudo's to that person. The information he passed on about the smallest of things along the way were very enjoyable.”
Gary Merkl ~ Slinger, WI
Yosemite & Tuolumne Hiker - 6 Days Trip Planner
Please print, sign and return the required forms (for each person in your party) to our office by email, fax or mail at least 60 days prior to your trip.
Trip Planners (includes packing list)
Local Weather & Current Conditions
|Seasonal Average: 50° - 60° F|