Bosnia: Three Rivers
- Tour Sarajevo often called the "Jerusalem of Europe"
- Explore the “Grand Canyon” of the Balkans while rafting the Tara River
- Hike through the Dinaric Alps to Lukomir and Umoljani
- Travel to Banja Luka & raft the Vrbas River
- Visit Jajce, the former residence of Bosnian kings, en route to Mostar
- Whitewater rafting on the wild & pristine Neretva River, also called the “Emerald of Herzegovina"
per person based on double occupancy
Single Supplement: US $465
|River Rating||Minimum Age|
|II - III||10 Yrs|
Bosnia: Three RiversOne of Europe’s last hidden secrets—Bosnia is a country with diverse landscapes including a mass of emerald green mountains intricately divided with never-ending over and underground rivers. Bosnia borders Croatia, Serbia and Montenegro creating a spectacular mix of cultures which can be seen in the diversity of the architecture (and more). Home to the 2009 World Rafting Championships, Bosnia has some of the most impressive whitewater in Europe. This unique itinerary combines a cultural look at Bosnia and Herzegovina with three days of rafting. Spectacular canyons, lush vegetation, tributary waterfalls of varying volumes and fun Class II-IV whitewater make this an adventure not to be missed.
Boznia: Three Rivers Itinerary at a Glance:
- Arrive in Sarajevo, a cosmopolitan city at the crossroads of east and west
- Hike to Waterfall Sakavac
- Raft the Tara River through the ‘Grand Canyon’ of the Balkans
- Hike to Lukomir & Umolijani and view Rakitnica Canyon
- Raft the Vrbas River through two impressive canyons
- Raft the Neretva River the ‘emerald of Herzegovina’ due to its brilliant green waters
- Enjoy some of the best cuisine in the Mediterranean
- Explore the vibrant cities of Sarajevo, Mostar, Banja Luka and more
- Transfer back to Sarajevo for flights home
Recent Articles on OARS.com
|Destination River||Meeting Parking||Rapid||Point of Interest||Camp||Put-in||Take-out|
- Trip Reviews
- Write a Review
"First and foremost let me state that the trip exceeded my expectations irrespective of the fact that it was exploratory. I found it to be well organized and choreographed overall with sound leadership on the part of Kate, James, Sasha and Vladimir.
I also found our group to be very diversified, engaging, interesting and for the most part very flexible to the itinerary and any “trip conditions” which arose and can arise in an excursion of this nature.
All in all, a spectacular trip, well run with just the right amount of culture and sport.
Thanks for another great life experience."
Ken Noack ~ Carmichael, CA
Bosnia: Three Rivers - 9 Days Trip Planner
Please print, sign and return the required forms (for each person in your party) to our office by email, fax or mail at least 90 days prior to your trip.