Employment > O.A.R.S. Store Clerk | Campground Host
River Park Adventure Campground Store Clerk | Campground Host
O.A.R.S. is seeking a seasonal retail sales clerk/campground host for our River Park Adventure Campground on the South Fork American River in Lotus.
Reports to: Director of Marketing, while working collaboratively with RPAC management to address daily challenges.
Ideal candidate must be friendly, organized and able to work with minimal amount of supervision.
- Enter inventory into POS system
- Become an expert in the POS system and train others
- Open and close retail store daily and be present to sell merchandise during peak hours
- Accept payment for merchandise and make change as necessary
- Run credit card charges via online terminal using PayPal
- Stock shelves, counters and tables with merchandise
- Set up advertising displays and arrange merchandise to promote sales
- Reconcile cash and credit card sales/receipts on a daily basis
- Compile and submit weekly sales reports to marketing and accounting
- Manage inventory and alert marketing in advance when new merchandise is needed
- Record and maintain amount of cash in register at end of shift and be responsible for cash drop at the O.A.R.S. office in Angels Camp – address discrepancies promptly and alert management
- Keep the store area clean and orderly
- Assist and check in rafters/campers
- Access remote reports to assign campsites and maintain inventory on white board/camp map
- Anticipate customer needs and go the extra mile to exceed expectations
- Provide sleep kits and tents when rentals are required
- Enforce campground rules (campfires, smoking, quiet hours, etc.)
- Maintain and clean platform tents and surrounding area (sweep tents, clean rugs, dump trash, change linens, ensure proper lighting/check batteries, monitor water feature, clean premium lounge, etc.)
- Launder sleeping bags/liners, linens, bathroom towels, etc.
- General campground and campsite maintenance as needed
- Clean bathroom stalls, toilets, showers, sinks and floors daily
- Stock TP, paper towels, soap, etc.
- Additional projects as directed by management
• 9:30 AM – 6:30 PM Saturday – Monday (before Memorial Day & after Labor Day)
• 9:30 AM – 6:30 PM Thursday – Monday (Memorial Day - Labor Day)
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, stand continuously and walk around campground
- Use of cleaning chemicals required
- $13.00 per hour based on 40 hours per week (part-time in the spring & fall)
- Overtime pay as required by California law
- 5% bonus based on retail sales in the store (& positive guest reviews for the platform tents) to be paid at season-end (contingent on working through post-season breakdown, cleanup, final inventory, etc. at the end of September)
- Friends + Family discounts on O.A.R.S. trips
If you have experience and a track record of working as part of an effective team in a fast-paced environment, please email your resume and one page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Store Clerk” in the subject line.
No phone calls please.