Employment > Client Services Representative
Utah Client Services Representative
O.A.R.S., one of the most trusted and respected outfitters in adventure travel, is seeking to expand their Client Services team in Angels Camp, CA. Seasonal & year-round positions available.
The successful candidate is a highly-organized and task-oriented self-starter who possesses a commitment to excellence, strong written and verbal communication skills, a background in customer service, excellent human relations skills and a passion for adventure travel. A minimum of three years of travel industry experience, bachelor's degree (or comparable), strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, etc.) required. Reports to the Operations Director.
O.A.R.S. Client Services Representatives are responsible for providing the highest possible level of customer service to ensure that every guest has the best experience on their trip. Essential elements of the job are providing prompt and accurate information to clients when they reserve their trip, identifying special needs and assessing capabilities and coordinating with Area Managers and/or vendors/affliliates to ensure the smooth transfer of information to leaders in the field (operations). Each Client Services Representative is responsible for vendor/affiliate (charter flights, lodging, ground operators, etc.) and contract management for their area.
Additionally, the Client Services team plays a critical role in answering the phones, responding to live chat inquiries and taking reservations as call volume warrants.
- Travel professional with strong industry knowledge
- Team player
- Highly organized & detail oriented
- The ability to ask the right questions, listen and devise solutions
- Proficiency with basic trip information for all O.A.R.S. trips and a high level of regional expertise for designated areas
- Ability to research, develop, proof read and edit professional travel documents
- High level of familiarity with O.A.R.S. reservation system, policies & procedures
- Strong ability to liaise with clients & operations, including guides, support staff, area managers, vendors/affiliates & management
- The ability to answer phone calls and take reservations for all trips
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Continuously develop an in-depth knowledge of O.A.R.S. trips, policies and procedures and reservation system. Participate in researching the adventure travel industry and our competition; customer service techniques; computer applications; written and verbal communication; personal organization
- Actively participate in departmental and company discussions to improve internal processes and build a high-performing sales and client services team
- Function as the point person for other reservations staff for questions concerning designated area and keep staff apprised of operational updates
- Distribute reservation-related confirmation information and invoicing for designated area, including prompt and complete payments for reservations prior to departure. Generate and deliver customized final information for each departure
- Collect all client information (forms) and complete or delegate the accurate entry of that information into reservations system, including the correction of online entries as required
- Run weekly reports for late payments, registrations forms, minimum numbers, etc. and follow up accordingly
- Follow up on all reservations and questions (from phone calls, e-mails, trip evaluations, live chat, etc.) to insure guests choose O.A.R.S. for their next adventure travel experience. Promptly follow up with requests for information from Management, Marketing, Accounting, and Operations
- Process cancellations and transfers and negotiate fees as necessary
- Recommend and develop responses to guest concerns in a prompt and courteous manner in accordance with O.A.R.S. policies and procedures, in conjunction with other Management and Operations
- Provide Operations with additional information regarding trips as necessary in addition to remote reports, especially in the area of special client needs and custom arrangements, maintaining an open dialog on pending issues
- Coordinate with the Area Managers to open or close available trips to maintain a smooth flow of operations
- Develop and maintain a close relationship with outside vendors/affiliates & managing agencies
- Negotiate, update or maintain vendor/affiliate contacts and other arrangements as needed
- Communicate with vendors/affiliates to supply all O.A.R.S. booking data and maintain updated availability for potential bookings
- Cancel and/or release room blocks, launches, etc. with managing agencies as required in accordance with their policies
- Generate and process payments to vendors/affiliates in an accurate and timely manner
- Maintain and update trip-related documents seasonally and on an as-needed basis
- New program and custom itinerary development for new trips, extensions and private trips when appropriate, following through from implementation to the final documents
- Active phone selling by being available to respond to incoming calls, e-mails and live chat messages and return all messages from prospective and current guests, travel agents and co-workers in a courteous, professional and timely manner
- Weekend work hours as required
- Other projects and duties as necessary or assigned.
This is a career opportunity in Adventure Travel worth exploring! If you have travel industry experience and a track record of working as part of an effective team in a fast-paced environment, please email your resume and a one-page cover letter to email@example.com with “Client Services” in the subject line.
No phone calls please.